• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whistleblower: mass hyserectomies of women at ICE detention center

If nothing else, give detainees a little more credit for not being idiots (despite the lapse of judgment in coming here illegally). I guarantee that, if medical procedures were actually done, consent for the procedure has been documented up the ying yang.

I know right. If any surgeries were done then they were performed by a license doctor with the appropriate medical documents signed etc ...
have to realize that you are making logical reasoned statements.

I am not hysterical. I am offended by your lack of concern and excuse making even if it did happen.

You have no information or any type of fact that anything illegal occurred.
How many times are you going to be suckered by these anonymous whistle blower bull****?

I am not hysterical. I am offended by your lack of concern and excuse making even if it did happen.

And that's the point. Did it happen like the "whistleblower" described it?

Keep in mind, the "whistleblower" has worked for that particular company for 3 years and is now claiming racism - among other things - and "I need money."

You have no information or any type of fact that anything illegal occurred.
How many times are you going to be suckered by these anonymous whistle blower bull****?

I am concerned for their rights, and Trump supporters never have been. Those are the facts. You all just want to bury your head in the sand no matter what. Zero concern. Zero compassion. The fact that they are in such camps should cause you concern, but it does not.

I am concerned for their rights, and Trump supporters never have been. Those are the facts. You all just want to bury your head in the sand no matter what. Zero concern. Zero compassion. The fact that they are in such camps should cause you concern, but it does not.

again show me facts first. show me where anything illegal was done.
again you can't because as always you guys are simply throwing crap at a wall.

If something illegal was done then i expect that the people responsible will be held accountable.
All you are doing is drumming up a huge appeal to emotion argument as always.

feelings over facts every time with leftists.

They are being detained per US law. Dont' like the law then change it.
THey chose to come here illegally knowing the consequences.

I put the blame of their position clearly where it belongs on leftist empty bull**** promises than they would get immunity once they were here.

What happened to the concern of social conservatives, especially toward other Christian women?

Among Latinos, most are Catholic—more than three-in-five (62%) say this is their religious affiliation. Meanwhile, one-in-five (19%) Latino adults say they are Protestant, and 14% say they are unaffiliated with any religion.

Leviticus 19:33-34
New International Version

33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Deuteronomy 10:19

Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’
Leviticus 27:19

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.
Luke 10:27

Let mutual love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it. Remember those who are in prison, as though you were in prison with them; those who are being tortured, as though you yourselves were being tortured.
Hebrews 13:1-3

Matt 25:40, "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

Keep in mind, the "whistleblower" has worked for that particular company for 3 years and is now claiming racism - among other things - and "I need money."

which makes the whole thing dubious.

this is bull**** and made up, because I know we're not that lucky.

I wish it were true, but it's not. Certainly there needs to be more evidence, and if so, prosecutions....and then I know who to congratulate :lol:

this is bull**** and made up, because I know we're not that lucky.

I wish it were true, but it's not. Certainly there needs to be more evidence, and if so, prosecutions....and then I know who to congratulate :lol:

Why do you support the forced sterilization of women, especially immigrants and people in prison camps?

The Whistleblower Complaint details abuses that have been reported out of other ICE managed facilities. We know for example that DHS and the entire Trump administration does not give a rats behind about how asylum seekers and undocumented Immigrants are housed or treated or even how their records are managed. Every bit of it including the COVID stuff other than the Hysterectomies has been reported already.

In fact, Trumpets are thrilled that these people are being abused, couldn't be happier. The Hysterectomies are particularly troubling because while we as a country were truly over the line of cruelty to the undocumented, NOW we are way over the line into genocide. Nice country we have here.

It will be hard to defend the quality of contractors and sub-contract Doctors allowed to administer to the Undocumented as this INFESTATION of whack jobs has occurred all over the government under Trump, like Michael Caputo at HHS who now claims that he sees shadows in his DC apartment and the pressure has caused his physical and mental health to deteriorate. Sounds like a plea to be laid off Donald. Hey this could be a win win. We could be rid of Caputo and you could finally show some empathy for somebody crying out for help.

But I doubt it will happen. As I said in another thread, Trump is well into Idi Amin Dada, Papa Doc and Attila the Hun territory now.

What if it’s not? Instead of just pushing your head into the sand, I would say you have a responsibility to god and everything you stand for to ensure the rights of these people are respected. You voted to put them in these camps. You voted for Trump knowing full well his rhetoric. If you stick your head in the sand, and this becomes exposed in the next few years, shame on you and everything you have preached on this forum.

When you vote for a person like Trump, you better not neglect looking out for the dignity and rights of others.

But if I voted for Hillary, I could neglect it all I want? :lol:

There is a history of obtaining coerced consent from women in forced sterilization programs. Women are often pressured to sign consent papers in order to gain legitimate medical care or other access. Again, you should not be making excuses for sterilization programs. If a healthy young woman is pressured to sign paperwork subjecting her to a medically unnecessary hysterectomy, her rights have been violated. If the government even has a program of obtaining signatures, you should be offended. Trust me, no woman would undergo a hysterectomy just because she feels like it. Any sterilization program is wrong, and these people have no lawyers or rights.

Let’s start with this. If women are being drug, against their will, into makeshift operating rooms and strapped to a table and operated on as they scream for help, of course I oppose it. I find that hard to believe, though. I get how you’ve vilified ICE agents in your mind but they really are not nazis. Typically, neither are doctors. What makes more sense to me is that some medical procedure was done, maybe even a hysterectomy, in a hospital with full, knowing, consent of the patient and now that’s been exaggerated as, basically, the first scenario. I suspect that won’t pan out so the allegation will be watered down until it becomes someone claiming confusion about what they were agreeing to.

It needs to be looked into. Simply dismissing her claims is irresponsible, and doing so simply because of MAGA and your political views makes it even worse

Several legal advocacy groups on Monday filed a whistleblower complaint on behalf of a nurse at an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center documenting “jarring medical neglect” within the facility, including a refusal to test detainees for the novel coronavirus and an exorbitant rate of hysterectomies being performed on immigrant women.The nurse, Dawn Wooten, was employed at the Irwin County Detention Center (ICDC) in Georgia, which is operated by LaSalle Corrections, a private prison company. . . .Multiple women came forward to tell Project South about what they perceived to be the inordinate rate at which women in ICDC were subjected to hysterectomies – a surgical operation in which all or part of the uterus is removed. Additionally, many of the immigrant women who underwent the procedure were reportedly “confused” when asked to explain why they had the surgery, with one detainee likening their treatment to prisoners in concentration camps.

According to Wooten, ICDC consistently used a particular gynecologist – outside the facility – who almost always opted to remove all or part of the uterus of his female detainee patients. Everybody he sees has a hysterectomy—just about everybody,” Wooten said, adding that, “everybody’s uterus cannot be that bad.” . . .Wooten also confirmed that many of the detained women have told her that they didn’t understand why they were being forced to have the procedure, explaining that some of the nurses obtained their consent “by simply googling Spanish.

[cont.]

Whistleblower: There Were Mass Hysterectomies at ICE Facility | Law & Crime

The link contains the 27-page complaint, as well.

Well, isn't that fantastically ****ed up? I wonder whether how many records, if/once subpeonaed, will be 'inadvertently lost'.

How does this even work? Some sick doctor? Kick-backs on part of the fees for the private prison? I suppose malevolence is a reasonable motive, but I've only heard about this at this one facility, not an ICE-wide thing. It does rather sound like eugenics via policy, at least for that location. Perhaps there are others?

this can't be true

again show me facts first. show me where anything illegal was done.
again you can't because as always you guys are simply throwing crap at a wall.

If something illegal was done then i expect that the people responsible will be held accountable.
All you are doing is drumming up a huge appeal to emotion argument as always.

feelings over facts every time with leftists.

They are being detained per US law. Dont' like the law then change it.
THey chose to come here illegally knowing the consequences.

I put the blame of their position clearly where it belongs on leftist empty bull**** promises than they would get immunity once they were here.

Show me your concern for these people. Show me your compassion for these people. That’s all it takes to look into the allegations and ensure their rights are actually not being violated.

Let’s start with this. If women are being drug, against their will, into makeshift operating rooms and strapped to a table and operated on as they scream for help, of course I oppose it. I find that hard to believe, though. I get how you’ve vilified ICE agents in your mind but they really are not nazis. Typically, neither are doctors. What makes more sense to me is that some medical procedure was done, maybe even a hysterectomy, in a hospital with full, knowing, consent of the patient and now that’s been exaggerated as, basically, the first scenario. I suspect that won’t pan out so the allegation will be watered down until it becomes someone claiming confusion about what they were agreeing to.

I am sure, no matter what, Trump supporters will water it down and act like a government run sterilization program placed on Latin women being indefinitely detained in boarder camps without access to a lawyer is a huge nothing burger. We don’t have the same values. I care about the human rights and dignity of these people, and you don’t

It needs to be looked into. Simply dismissing her claims is irresponsible, and doing so simply because of MAGA and your political views makes it even worse

Please point to the part that shows my political view in the statement I made. :lol:

"... has worked for that particular company for 3 years and is now claiming racism - among other things - and "I need money.""

Several legal advocacy groups on Monday filed a whistleblower complaint on behalf of a nurse at an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center documenting “jarring medical neglect” within the facility, including a refusal to test detainees for the novel coronavirus and an exorbitant rate of hysterectomies being performed on immigrant women.The nurse, Dawn Wooten, was employed at the Irwin County Detention Center (ICDC) in Georgia, which is operated by LaSalle Corrections, a private prison company. . . .Multiple women came forward to tell Project South about what they perceived to be the inordinate rate at which women in ICDC were subjected to hysterectomies – a surgical operation in which all or part of the uterus is removed. Additionally, many of the immigrant women who underwent the procedure were reportedly “confused” when asked to explain why they had the surgery, with one detainee likening their treatment to prisoners in concentration camps.

According to Wooten, ICDC consistently used a particular gynecologist – outside the facility – who almost always opted to remove all or part of the uterus of his female detainee patients. Everybody he sees has a hysterectomy—just about everybody,” Wooten said, adding that, “everybody’s uterus cannot be that bad.” . . .Wooten also confirmed that many of the detained women have told her that they didn’t understand why they were being forced to have the procedure, explaining that some of the nurses obtained their consent “by simply googling Spanish.

[cont.]

Whistleblower: There Were Mass Hysterectomies at ICE Facility | Law & Crime

The link contains the 27-page complaint, as well.

Well, isn't that fantastically ****ed up? I wonder whether how many records, if/once subpeonaed, will be 'inadvertently lost'.

How does this even work? Some sick doctor? Kick-backs on part of the fees for the private prison? I suppose malevolence is a reasonable motive, but I've only heard about this at this one facility, not an ICE-wide thing. It does rather sound like eugenics via policy, at least for that location. Perhaps there are others?

My god.......you fall for every thing.:lamo

I have a battleship for sale if you are interested. :lamo

What specifically did the OP fall for? Do you have an actual argument to make?

Show me your concern for these people. Show me your compassion for these people. That’s all it takes to look into the allegations and ensure their rights are actually not being violated.

Allegations without evidence is meaningless babble. Nothing more than another distraction but for the koolaid drinkers it get you guys in a lather about it.
Sorry appeal to emotion fallacies are fallacies for a reason.

I have yet to see any facts related to whether or not anything wrong was done.
Sorry it is hard to have compassion for people who knowingly put themselves into that situation on purpose knowing what is going to happen.

This is another leftist mess that we as a nation have to clean up and deal with. yet instead of fixing the problem you guys double
and triple down on stupid causing the mess to get worse.

again show me facts that something illegal was done.

Why do you support the forced sterilization of women, especially immigrants and people in prison camps?

show that it is being forced first and that it is actually happening.
until then you are just throwing crap at a wall.

Please, Lord, let this not be true.

Ocean front property in AZ is more like it.

AGain you are using logic and rational thinking.
those things to not exist in the leftist mindset.

I am sure, no matter what, Trump supporters will water it down and act like a government run sterilization program placed on Latin women being indefinitely detained in boarder camps without access to a lawyer is a huge nothing burger. We don’t have the same values. I care about the human rights and dignity of these people, and you don’t

I really doubt anyone is having this forced on them.

Back
Top Bottom