• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whistleblower Alleges DHS Told Him To Stop Reporting On Russia Threat

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Whistleblower Alleges DHS Told Him To Stop Reporting On Russia Threat : NPRA Department of Homeland Security official said in a whistleblower complaint that the head of DHS told him to stop reporting on the Russian threat to the U.S. election because it "made President Trump look bad."

The White House and DHS denied the allegations. However, the president's Democratic critics say the accusations are the latest sign that the Trump administration is attempting to politicize the intelligence community and downplay Russian attempts to interfere in this year's election, as Moscow did in 2016.

The DHS official, Brian Murphy, made the accusation in a formal whistleblower complaint filed Tuesday with the department's inspector general.

Murphy ran the Office of Intelligence and Analysis at DHS until the end of July, when he was demoted to a lesser management job.

Murphy says the acting secretary of DHS, Chad Wolf, told him twice — once in May and again in July — to withhold reporting on potential Russian threats to the election because it cast the president in a bad light. Murphy says he was also told emphasize potential threats from China and Iran.

Murphy says Wolf told him these instructions came from White House national security adviser Robert O'Brien.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is no 'joke' or 'hit piece', this is a threat to our national security. What will it take to prove to Trumpers that he's a tool of Russia? Where are all the republican congressmen now, are they speaking out or are they hiding from the press and saying things like "I didn't read the story yet" or "I can't comment, I haven't read it".

What the ****!? This is our NATIONAL SECURITY being threatened!

Whistleblower Alleges DHS Told Him To Stop Reporting On Russia Threat : NPRA Department of Homeland Security official said in a whistleblower complaint that the head of DHS told him to stop reporting on the Russian threat to the U.S. election because it "made President Trump look bad."

The White House and DHS denied the allegations. However, the president's Democratic critics say the accusations are the latest sign that the Trump administration is attempting to politicize the intelligence community and downplay Russian attempts to interfere in this year's election, as Moscow did in 2016.

The DHS official, Brian Murphy, made the accusation in a formal whistleblower complaint filed Tuesday with the department's inspector general.

Murphy ran the Office of Intelligence and Analysis at DHS until the end of July, when he was demoted to a lesser management job.

Murphy says the acting secretary of DHS, Chad Wolf, told him twice — once in May and again in July — to withhold reporting on potential Russian threats to the election because it cast the president in a bad light. Murphy says he was also told emphasize potential threats from China and Iran.

Murphy says Wolf told him these instructions came from White House national security adviser Robert O'Brien.

This is no 'joke' or 'hit piece', this is a threat to our national security. What will it take to prove to Trumpers that he's a tool of Russia? Where are all the republican congressmen now, are they speaking out or are they hiding from the press and saying things like "I didn't read the story yet" or "I can't comment, I haven't read it".

Corrupt administration. This is criminal.

The truth makes the President look bad.

Yeah, we knew that already.

The reason why the sharpie incident was so bad wasn't because he lied so stupidly and obviously about something that endangered people. The reason why it was bad is because if he told a stupid lie like that, then he would tell much larger and much more dangerous lies. Like, oh, saying the virus wasn't a biggie when he knew it was.

The sharpie incident was silly and funny, but the man who did it was the same man who ended up killing hundreds of thousands of Americans.

Not so silly and funny.

This is yet another sharpie incident, but on a much larger and much more awful scale.

Last edited:
More good news for the president. How many times can he deny all of this stuff? Is everyone lying about him?

I feel like america is playing a game of clue trying to figure out what's true and what's false while the rules are constantly being changed.

It will happen that the right will try to disparage Brian Murphy and destroy his credibility and reputation.

From the complaint this is his bio:

"In his DHS I&A position, Mr. Murphy was responsible for all intelligence activities in DHS and was the principal advisor to the Secretary for Homeland Security and the Director of National Security. Mr. Murphy’s primary mission sets included Counterterrorism, Cyber, Transnational Organized Crime, Counterintelligence, Economic Security, Support to State and Local Officials, and Training. Prior to joining DHS, Mr. Murphy had more than two decades’ worth of public service experience. He served on active duty in the United States Marine Corps (“USMC”) from 1994 until 1998, and received an honorable discharge with the rank of 1st Lieutenant. He joined the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”) on August 15, 1998, and served as a Special Agent, where he worked on a variety of criminal and national security matters, including assignment to the New York Field Office on September 11, 2001, when our country was attacked by terrorists. With a Master’s degree in Islamic Studies almost completed, Mr. Murphy volunteered to be reactivated by the USMC and subsequently served for six months in Iraq in 2004, where he saw extensive combat and received the Combat Action Ribbon. He returned to the FBI in March 2005, completed his Master’s degree in May of 2005, and served without incident at the Bureau until his transition to DHS on March 5, 2018. His final title at the FBI was that of Section Chief for Partner Engagement in the Intelligence Division."

This is the formal complaint filed by Brian Murphy.

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/murphy_wb_dhs_oig_complaint9.8.20.pdf

More good news for the president. How many times can he deny all of this stuff? Is everyone lying about him?

I feel like america is playing a game of clue trying to figure out what's true and what's false while the rules are constantly being changed.

If you assume that Trump was put into power to destroy the United States at the behest of a hostile foreign power, everything we know lines up.

The biggest, stupidest assumption that sounds like a hysterical conspiracy theory is also the assumption that makes everything make sense.

Sometimes you've got to acknowledge that Occam's Razor is correct.

If you assume that Trump was put into power to destroy the United States at the behest of a hostile foreign power, everything we know lines up.

The biggest, stupidest assumption that sounds like a hysterical conspiracy theory is also the assumption that makes everything make sense.

Sometimes you've got to acknowledge that Occam's Razor is correct.

As I like to say, you would have to twist yourself into a pretzel to believe all the lies like preventing panic. He smacks america in the face almost daily and we as a nation are expected to believe the craziness?

Occam's razor is at this point is exceedingly and exceptionally obvious. Unless you're brain dead.

znyoky8dhvt31.png

Barnacle spent literally ten minutes trying to attach that image.

Honest and complete intelligence reporting would have made Trump's base look bad:

In other instances, the department’s second-highest ranked official, Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II, ordered Mr. Murphy to modify intelligence assessments to make the threat of white supremacy “appear less severe” and include information on violent “left-wing” groups and antifa, according to the complaint, which was filed on Tuesday but released Wednesday by the House Intelligence Committee.

Last edited:

It is absolutely necessary that Americans have all the intelligence related to Russian election interference. Schiff did the right thing by making it public. I myself don't want to go into an election not knowing all the facts. And you can rest assured that Trump and his henchmen will hide to the best of their ability anything that makes them look bad.

This is why we have whistle blower laws.

Spare me the pain. How many of his loyal cultists have come in to defend this or deflect from it?

They are all just walking brain stems at this point...

Spare me the pain. How many of his loyal cultists have come in to defend this or deflect from it?

Why didn't the orcs abandon Sauron after it was shown that he gave the order to murder women and children?

Because they're orcs.

Schiff pretending to be a whistleblower is old news. He lied, lied, lied, lied and lied claiming he had proof of Trump colluding with Russia. In fact, after 3 years of day and night deliberate lying, EVERY witness including all the Trump haters and accusers ALL admitted in Senate hearing they had ZERO evidence - literally none. THREE YEARS of non-stop lying.

Schiff is a liar. That's all he ever does. NOTHING Schiff has ever said has been anything but deliberate lies. Clearly Schiff is on Xi Jinping's payroll.

Schiff pretending to be a whistleblower is old news. He lied, lied, lied, lied and lied claiming he had proof of Trump colluding with Russia. In fact, after 3 years of day and night deliberate lying, EVERY witness including all the Trump haters and accusers ALL admitted in Senate hearing they had ZERO evidence - literally none. THREE YEARS of non-stop lying.

Schiff is a liar. That's all he ever does. NOTHING Schiff has ever said has been anything but deliberate lies. Clearly Schiff is on Xi Jinping's payroll.

Reads a thread about Brian Murphy.

Rages on about Adam Schiff.

Wonders why people laugh at his posts.

Shiff isn't pretending to be a whistleblower, Brian Murphy made the complaint. I think you need remedial reading.

Shiff isn't pretending to be a whistleblower, Brian Murphy made the complaint. I think you need remedial reading.

They’re out of material. They just make it up and spew it out.

It is absolutely necessary that Americans have all the intelligence related to Russian election interference. Schiff did the right thing by making it public. I myself don't want to go into an election not knowing all the facts. And you can rest assured that Trump and his henchmen will hide to the best of their ability anything that makes them look bad. This is why we have whistle blower laws.
No need to worry. Anonymous sources, or unknown 'whistleblowers', will give you all the information you want to hear before the election. And you can expect to hear from many more anonymous sources before the election rolls around.

No need to worry. Anonymous sources, or unknown 'whistleblowers', will give you all the information you want to hear before the election. And you can expect to hear from many more anonymous sources before the election rolls around.

Anonymous sources are not necessary. We have mountains of evidence and live witnesses now.

None of this has anything to do with President Trump. An employee did not want to do what his boss told him to do - so he tried to defend himself by calling his claiming HE should be in charge into a "whistle blower complaint."

Whistle blowing on what? That he loves Antifa and is "whistle blowing" that his boss ordered him to investigate Antifa anyway? 3+ years of Russia! Russia! Russia! had been nothing but lies and wasted effort. Granted, he appears to be a lazy ass and investigating something new would be WORK - plus his becoming a malcontent was causing demotions - so he now is trying to hide behind calling himself a whistle blower.

Maybe Antifa has a job for him.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with President Trump. It is an internal department feud between a higher ranker and lower ranker - with the lower ranker claiming he should be in charge and able to do and not do whatever HE wants to.

Reads a thread about Brian Murphy.

Rages on about Adam Schiff.

Wonders why people laugh at his posts.

Thanks. I did look into this. Wow, is this a nothing burger.

It seems someone in the federal government that they can tell their superiors to go to hell and that they are going to instead do whatever they want to and divulge anything in retaliation - believing all they have to do is call themselves a whistle blower.

They believe if they say they are a whistle blower they can never be fired and can tell all superiors to go to hell because they are going to do and not do whatever the hell they want to. He ordered to stop the endless search on Russia, Russia, Russia and instead investigate Antifa. It isn't Russians who are the anarchists, insurgents, rioting mobs and criminals. He didn't want to investigate Antifa but instead wanted to continue doing what Obama wanted him to do - investigate conservative organizations and try to perpetuate the debunked Russia! crap.

It is no surprise how upset Schiff and other Democratic Party hacks are that their Antifa pals are being investigated by the DHS. Schiff, once again, it using his office as a spy - now a spy for Antifa.

Last edited:
Thanks. I did look into this. Wow, is this a nothing burger.

It seems some in the federal government that they can tell their superiors to go to hell and that they are going to instead do whatever they want to and divulge anything in retaliation - believing all they have to do is call themselves a whistle blower.

They believe if they say they are a whistle blower they can never be fired and can tell all superiors to go to hell because they are going to do and not do whatever the hell they want to.

No surprise how upset Schiff and other Democratic Party hacks are that their Antifa pals are being investigated by the DHS.

Why are you still polluting the thread with comments about Schiff (and now adding in Antifa) when then thread is still about Brian Murphy?

Why are you still polluting the thread with comments about Schiff (and now adding in Antifa) when then thread is still about Brian Murphy?

I explained what Brian Murphy is doing and why. He doesn't want to do his assigned job and figured going to Antifa loving Schiff he could get away with hiding behind calling himself a whistle blower.

Back
Top Bottom