• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

While you were focused on The Atlantic, Trump dealt a devastating blow to Critical Race Theorists

Common Sense 1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
President Trump using his executive power to stop wasteful spending that in no way benefited the federal government.

While you were focused on The Atlantic, Trump dealt a devastating blow to Critical Race Theorists

After Trump administration announced plans to end Critical Race Theory and White Privilege training for federal employees, a leading Critical Race Theory law professor pleaded for help: “I’ve often wondered what our allies would do when they came for us. Now we’ll see.”

Everyone has been focused for the past two days on the story in The Atlantic, attributed to anonymous sources, about things Trump supposedly said about troops two years ago, something so far that every person who has gone on record has denied. While you were focused on that Crisis News Cycle, Trump took a step the implications of which could be devastating over time to the peddlers of racial conflict under the academic construct of Critical Race Theory.

The result was that the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, at Trump’s direction, has started the process to identify and terminate such training in the federal government.

Here is the OMB Memorandum announcing the move:

September 4, 2020
M-20-34
MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
SUBJECT: Training in the Federal Government

It has come to the President’s attention that Executive Branch agencies have spent millions of taxpayer dollars to date “training” government workers to believe divisive, antiAmerican propaganda.

For example, according to press reports, employees across the Executive Branch have been required to attend trainings where they are told that “virtually all White people contribute to racism” or where they are required to say that they “benefit from racism.” According to press reports, in some cases these training have further claimed that there is racism embedded in the belief that America is the land of opportunity or the belief that the most qualified person should receive a job.

These types of “trainings” not only run counter to the fundamental beliefs for which our Nation has stood since its inception, but they also engender division and resentment within the Federal workforce. We can be proud that as an employer, the Federal government has employees of all races, ethnicities, and religions. We can be proud that Americans from all over the country seek to join our workforce and dedicate themselves to public service. We can be proud of our continued efforts to welcome all individuals who seek to serve their fellow Americans as Federal employees. However, we cannot accept our employees receiving training that seeks to undercut our core values as Americans and drive division within our workforce.

The President has directed me to ensure that Federal agencies cease and desist from using taxpayer dollars to fund these divisive, un-American propaganda training sessions. Accordingly, to that end, the Office of Management and Budget will shortly issue more detailed guidance on implementing the President’s directive. In the meantime, all agencies are directed to begin to identify all contracts or other agency spending related to any training on “critical race theory,” “white privilege,” or any other training or propaganda effort that teaches or suggests either (1) that the United States is an inherently racist or evil country or (2) that any race or ethnicity is inherently racist or evil. In addition, all agencies should begin to identify all available avenues within the law to cancel any such contracts and/or to divert Federal dollars away from these unAmerican propaganda training sessions.

The President, and his Administration, are fully committed to the fair and equal treatment of all individuals in the United States. The President has a proven track record of standing for those whose voice has long been ignored and who have failed to benefit from all our country has to offer, and he intends to continue to support all Americans, regardless of race, religion, or creed. The divisive, false, and demeaning propaganda of the critical race theory movement is contrary to all we stand for as Americans and should have no place in the Federal government.

President Trump using his executive power to stop wasteful spending that in no way benefited the federal government.

After Trump administration announced plans to end Critical Race Theory and White Privilege training for federal employees, a leading Critical Race Theory law professor pleaded for help: “I’ve often wondered what our allies would do when they came for us. Now we’ll see.”

Everyone has been focused for the past two days on the story in The Atlantic, attributed to anonymous sources, about things Trump supposedly said about troops two years ago, something so far that every person who has gone on record has denied. While you were focused on that Crisis News Cycle, Trump took a step the implications of which could be devastating over time to the peddlers of racial conflict under the academic construct of Critical Race Theory.

The result was that the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, at Trump’s direction, has started the process to identify and terminate such training in the federal government.

... For example, according to press reports, employees across the Executive Branch have been required to attend trainings where they are told that “virtually all White people contribute to racism” or where they are required to say that they “benefit from racism.” According to press reports, in some cases these training have further claimed that there is racism embedded in the belief that America is the land of opportunity or the belief that the most qualified person should receive a job.

These types of “trainings” not only run counter to the fundamental beliefs for which our Nation has stood since its inception, but they also engender division and resentment within the Federal workforce. We can be proud that as an employer, the Federal government has employees of all races, ethnicities, and religions. We can be proud that Americans from all over the country seek to join our workforce and dedicate themselves to public service. We can be proud of our continued efforts to welcome all individuals who seek to serve their fellow Americans as Federal employees. However, we cannot accept our employees receiving training that seeks to undercut our core values as Americans and drive division within our workforce.

The President, and his Administration, are fully committed to the fair and equal treatment of all individuals in the United States. The President has a proven track record of standing for those whose voice has long been ignored and who have failed to benefit from all our country has to offer, and he intends to continue to support all Americans, regardless of race, religion, or creed. The divisive, false, and demeaning propaganda of the critical race theory movement is contrary to all we stand for as Americans and should have no place in the Federal government.

If such training, and it's goals, have been occurring, then I agree it needs to stop.

In fact, IMO it never should have started in the first place.

I was shocked to the core when I heard, and then saw, the "Whiteness" publication from the Smithsonian Museum of African American History. I present it here for inspection:

smithsoniane28099s-racist-national-museum-of-african-american-history-and-culture.jpg

1. Rugged Individualism
2. Emphasis on Scientific Method
3. Protestant Work Ethic
4. Religion
5. Status, Power, and Authority
6. Future Orientation (Plan for the Future)
7. Time (Follow time schedules)

Note the list of qualities that help motivate, uplift, and advance someone in life?

All of those considered "Whiteness" which must be rejected as "racist?"

IMO the idea that these qualities are attributed to "white culture" and are negatives to other cultures exemplifies the problem.

Last edited:
If such training, and it's goals, have been occurring, then I agree it needs to stop.

I was shocked to the core when I heard, and then saw, the "Whiteness" publication from the Smithsonian Museum of African American History. I present it here for inspection:

View attachment 67294276

Note the list of qualities that help motivate, uplift, and advance someone in life?

IMO the idea that these qualities are attributed to "white culture" and are negatives to other cultures exemplifies the problem.

Excellent post Capt! Thanks for posting the information.

It seems like rejecting these things actually sets a person up for failure - maybe that’s the idea.

September 4, 2020
M-20-34
MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
SUBJECT: Training in the Federal Government

It has come to the President’s attention that Executive Branch agencies have spent millions of taxpayer dollars to date “training” government workers to believe divisive, antiAmerican propaganda.

For example, according to press reports, employees across the Executive Branch have been required to attend trainings where they are told that “virtually all White people contribute to racism” or where they are required to say that they “benefit from racism.” According to press reports, in some cases these training have further claimed that there is racism embedded in the belief that America is the land of opportunity or the belief that the most qualified person should receive a job.

The President has directed me to ensure that Federal agencies cease and desist from using taxpayer dollars to fund these divisive, un-American propaganda training sessions. Accordingly, to that end, the Office of Management and Budget will shortly issue more detailed guidance on implementing the President’s directive. In the meantime, all agencies are directed to begin to identify all contracts or other agency spending related to any training on “critical race theory,” “white privilege,” or any other training or propaganda effort that teaches or suggests either (1) that the United States is an inherently racist or evil country or (2) that any race or ethnicity is inherently racist or evil. In addition, all agencies should begin to identify all available avenues within the law to cancel any such contracts and/or to divert Federal dollars away from these unAmerican propaganda training sessions.

My main comment is why did it take him so long. Similar courses on diversity and race were given since the 90's.

This is one issue I believe he did the right thing.

As far as spending, it is a drop in the bucket. But every drop does help reduce the climbing debt.

Last edited:
diversion thread. desperation setting in.

Trump is temporary.

View attachment 67294276

1. Rugged Individualism
3. Protestant Work Ethic
4. Religion

I looked through that entire poster, but nowhere does it say that any of those characteristics of white culture are "racist", or that they are negatives to other cultures. White culture has good and bad elements, like any culture. But to deny that they are aspects of white culture, is simply ignorance.

No worries, Trumpsters, President Biden will reverse it. ;)

I looked through that entire poster, but nowhere does it say that any of those characteristics of white culture are "racist", or that they are negatives to other cultures. White culture has good and bad elements, like any culture. But to deny that they are aspects of white culture, is simply ignorance.

Maybe it was too small:

The gray part at the top reads:

White dominant culture, or whiteness, refers to the ways white people and their traditions, attitudes, and ways of life have been normalized over time and are now considered standard practices in the United States. And since white people still hold most of the institutional power in America, we have all internalized some aspects of white culture -- including people of color.

Now, note the last part of the description of "Whiteness."

...since white people still hold most of the institutional power in America, we have all internalized some aspects of white culture -- including people of color.

So according to THAT statement, the creators of this poster are asserting that ALL of these "traditions, attitudes, and ways of life" are WHITE culture. Not universal, but uniquely WHITE.

That "people of color" have been forced to "internalized" some of these "aspects of WHITE culture."

What do you interpret that to mean?

When taken at face value, i.e. the sentences mean what they say? We are left with two claims:

1. ALL of the characteristics are solely aspects of White Culture, they do not exist in cultures of "people of color."

2. That "people of color" have "internalized" these characteristics perforce in submission to White Culture.

This is not a "positive" description, commending the "characteristics." It's saying that if White people were not in charge, us colored folk would not have to "get to work on time," or "work hard for success," or "Think rationally, following a scientific process...." etc., etc., etc..

That's pretty racist to me...as it is saying ONLY White Culture has these ideals/characteristics, and "people of color" only adopted them under pressure of White Supremacy.

Last edited:
Maybe it was too small:

The gray part at the top reads:

Now, note the last part of the description of "Whiteness."

So according to THAT statement, the creators of this poster are asserting that ALL of these "traditions, attitudes, and ways of life" are WHITE culture. Not universal, but uniquely WHITE.

That "people of color" have been forced to "internalized" some of these "aspects of WHITE culture."

What do you interpret that to mean?

When taken at face value, i.e. the sentences mean what they say? We are left with two claims:

1. ALL of the characteristics are solely aspects of White Culture, they do not exist in cultures of "people of color."

2. That "people of color" have "internalized" these characteristics perforce in submission to White Culture.

This is not a "positive" description, commending the "characteristics." It's saying that if White people were not in charge, us colored folk would not have to "get to work on time," or "work hard for success," or "Think rationally, following a scientific process...." etc., etc., etc..

That's pretty racist to me...as it is saying ONLY White Culture has these ideals/characteristics, and "people of color" only adopted them under pressure of White Supremacy.

It does not say that they are only aspects of white culture. Merely that they are aspects of white culture.

So, do you deny that white culture has had an impact on Black people in America? Or do you simply think the impact has been a net positive?

View attachment 67294276

1. Rugged Individualism
3. Protestant Work Ethic
4. Religion

How can you have equality if you keep lecturing on the differences.

Every president is temporary...lol

which means all this stuff Trump is doing will be reversed.

you guys supported a crook for nothing.

It does not say that they are only aspects of white culture. Merely that they are aspects of white culture.

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

They would not be specifically listed as aspects of "WHITENESS" that had to be internalized under pressure if "PEOPLE OF COLOR" already possessed them in their own cultures. At least according to this production.

You have no argument. You are wasting my time with sophistry.

Tagline time. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
Are you intentionally being obtuse?

They would not be specifically listed as aspects of "WHITENESS" that had to be internalized under pressure if "PEOPLE OF COLOR" already possessed them in their own cultures. At least according to this production.

You have no argument. You are wasting my time with sophistry.

Tagline time. :coffeepap:

You disappoint me captain adverse. How can you consider yourself a serious debator, if you run away when the questions get too difficult?

View attachment 67294276

1. Rugged Individualism
3. Protestant Work Ethic
4. Religion

I cited the same viewgraph yesterday. It's amazing to me that every trait or mindset that comprises succeed is derided as "whiteness".

Back
Top Bottom