• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Would You Rather?

If you were concieved in a womb that was going to abort you would you rather:

• Get it done right away?

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Cling to life and be a late term abortion?

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If you were conceived in a womb that was going to abort you would you rather it be done right away or would you rather cling to life a few more months and be a late term abortion?

Seeing that we're all in this together and share responsibility it is unlikely that any of us will get through it without this happening to us at least a couple of times.

I'm wondering what the value of a ban on late term abortions?

If you were conceived in a womb that was going to abort you would you rather it be done right away or would you rather cling to life a few more months and be a late term abortion?

Seeing that we're all in this together and share responsibility it is unlikely that any of us will get through it without this happening to us at least a couple of times.

I don't remember being conscious in the womb so I'm not sure it would have mattered.

Who cares? Fetuses are not sentient.

Sure they are.

You sound just like the Religious bigots who say the animal doesn't suffer because it doesn't reason.

High logic there.

Let's try some other logic.

Fetus comes out of uterus and voilla, suddenly its sentient?

How about Religion?

Bible holds you guilty of manslaughter if you damage a fetus.

Hare Krishna; Narada Muni instructed Prahlad Maharaj in the womb.

The "I AM" tells us that the fetus is connected to it's "I AM" Presence through the mother's light pole.

This is your only concession.

You do the interpretation as to what this means.

I've remembered my conception.

I know my parents had sex during pregnancy which the masses do for lack of better instruction.

Sure they are.

You sound just like the Religious bigots who say the animal doesn't suffer because it doesn't reason.

High logic there.

Let's try some other logic.

Fetus comes out of uterus and voilla, suddenly its sentient?

How about Religion?

Bible holds you guilty of manslaughter if you damage a fetus.

Hare Krishna; Narada Muni instructed Prahlad Maharaj in the womb.

The "I AM" tells us that the fetus is connected to it's "I AM" Presence through the mother's light pole.

This is your only concession.

You do the interpretation as to what this means.

I know my parents had sex during pregnancy which the masses do for lack of better instruction.

Fetuses cannot reason, hence the whole point of this question, what they'd "rather" have happen is irrelevant.

Learn to read.

I have no idea. I don't even remember like the first 3-5 years of my life, let alone when I was in the womb. And even about 5 years after that it's damned hazy.

Personally I think late-term (after 3rd trimester) abortions should only be done if it's the only option to save the life of the mother.

Fetuses cannot reason, hence the whole point of this question, what they'd "rather" have happen is irrelevant.

Learn to read.

What do you mean, "learn to read?"

Of course they reason.

They do everything we do including respond to love.

They learn the sound of their parents voices.

True, their faculties are probably not so developed that they as a fetus could assemble you much of an answer to this question.

My Question is what are you going to say to the Lords of Karma when they drag you up kicking and screaming and perhaps ask you this very same question?

Wouldn't you be better off if you had contemplated this question a little while you still held a body that could retain memory?

As long as it happens before I have a mind there wouldn't be a "me" to care one way or the other.

Of course they reason.

True, their faculties are probably not so developed that they as a fetus could assemble you much of an answer to this question.

My Question is what are you going to say to the Lords of Karma when they drag you up kicking and screaming and perhaps ask you this very same question?

Wouldn't you be better off if you had contemplated this question a little while you still held a body that could retain memory?

There is no karma. Geez, can we do without the religious retardation around here?

WTF????

We're all in what together?
We all share responsibility for what?
We're all going to be aborted a couple of times?????

Seriously dude....WTF?

3395571.gif

There is no karma. Geez, can we do without the religious retardation around here?

WTF????

We're all in what together?
We all share responsibility for what?
We're all going to be aborted a couple of times?????

Seriously dude....WTF?

Sorry, but I can't let this be the last word on my discussion.

With no logical arguments you resort you name calling and ridicule.

Don't worry, I take this affectionately, but I'm not laughing quite as hard as when I made these posts.

As far as there not being karma don't find yourself like the guy in the Chick tract that says his resurrection and judgment can't be happening (before they throw him into the Lake of Fire.)

Here's the tradeoff. The Fetus is going to want to cling to life as long as possible, but the longer he goes the more painful and gruesome the abortion becomes. This is the dilemma.

I don't have a problem with abortion, but I think we should be honest with ourselves about what we are doing. I don't like us lying to ourselves that a fetus is just a bunch of tissue with no soul or sentience.

Not every seed that falls from a tree can grow up to be a big tree. If one weeds their garden they are murdering weeds but there is merit; you feel good with your accomplishment.

Our society would be nicer if there was no abortion but how to untangle the present mess probably isn't to make abortion illegal. This would just produce some other undesirable outcome.

Of course they reason.

Bold: Looks to me like you already knew your answer when you posted this thread.

My answer: I don't approve of abortion on a personal level. But I do approve of the woman's Right to Choose no matter the circumstance. What I would "rather" have happened is entirely moot because it isn't my choice or anyone else's choice for that matter. And Karma wouldn't be dragging me anywhere as if my mother had had an abortion I wouldn't be around to say hello to Karma.

In that situation I wouldn't be self-aware. I wouldn't have the ability to understand what was going on or to make a choice, so it wouldn't matter.

In that situation I wouldn't be self-aware. I wouldn't have the ability to understand what was going on or to make a choice, so it wouldn't matter.

You'd be busy dividing cells, replicating DNA, learning, growing and absorbing nutrients and then you would realize it was going to end and then you might think, "well, just do me then," but no, they let you develop and then the gruesome deed finally hits you.

I know a guy, everyone told his mother to have an abortion but she had him anyway. Boy is he anti-abortion.

You'd be busy dividing cells, replicating DNA, learning, growing and absorbing nutrients and then you would realize it was going to end and then you might think, "well, just do me then,"

No, I wouldn't realize it was going to end, and I wouldn't think "just do me then". I wouldn't be capable of either of those things, not while still in the womb, or for several years after to be honest.

No, I wouldn't realize it was going to end, and I wouldn't think "just do me then". I wouldn't be capable of either of those things, not while still in the womb, or for several years after to be honest.

Your brain might not record very prominently for future consideration what you experience in your soul or subtle bodies as between embodiments but this wouldn't change the record of what transpires and its effect on these bodies.

How come you don't have the option to be transported to a side dimension and saved at the last second?
I'm just trying to remain as rational as the thread. Sorry.
This was my logical response.

How come you don't have the option to be transported to a side dimension and saved at the last second?
I'm just trying to remain as rational as the thread. Sorry.
This was my logical response.

The living entity is sovereign so if you have enough energy you may do this.

In the dimensional universe everything that could be happening is happening every way it could.

It is only by the Grace of the Supreme Personality that the world appears congruous.

Your brain might not record very prominently for future consideration what you experience in your soul or subtle bodies as between embodiments but this wouldn't change the record of what transpires and its effect on these bodies.

It seems to me that you don't have a very good idea of what the brain of a fetus is and isn't capable of.

It seems to me that you don't have a very good idea of what the brain of a fetus is and isn't capable of.

My approximation seems pretty good to me.

We are more than these brains and bodies, however, nothing records memory better than the atomic structure.

This is why we seek a material body while traversing creation in our subtle bodies between embodiments.

My approximation seems pretty good to me.

We are more than these brains and bodies, however, nothing records memory better than the atomic structure.

This is why we seek a material body while traversing creation in our subtle bodies between embodiments.

That is a lot of pseudo-mystical garbage.

That's ridiculous.

So the second a child is born, he/she is sentient...but the second before they're born, he/she is not?

Of course not.

Back
Top Bottom