• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Would You Prefer?

Because it is true, of course. Nothing in nature could exist if God was not the infinite Creator of all those things.

Think about it. Everyone is taught making something out of nothing is impossible. Before the creation of any astronomical object, there was nothing for things to be created from. Only a supernatural Creator could have made Earth because before Earth existed, it was nothing but outer space.
I accept that you and a diminishing number of others believe that to be true.
A whole lot of space is quite a large amount of something fro which an unknown duration of existence we have no way of knowing what Nature did to create what came to exist physically.
I remain open to new theories based on at least some evidence.

I accept that you and a diminishing number of others believe that to be true.
A whole lot of space is quite a large amount of something fro which an unknown duration of existence we have no way of knowing what Nature did to create what came to exist physically.
I remain open to new theories based on at least some evidence.

Space is nothing. It is a place, not a thing. There was nothing for Earth to be made of, so without a supernatural Creator we call God, it never could have existed. Because you made a claim this is not true, you have the burden of proof.

Answers that can't be questioned.

Space is nothing. It is a place, not a thing. There was nothing for Earth to be made of, so without a supernatural Creator we call God, it never could have existed. Because you made a claim this is not true, you have the burden of proof.
I'm not trying to prove anything, just saying I have no knowledge of how the universe we live within came into existence, but your answer leaves nothing but more questions to be asked with no universally accepted/proven/provable answers.
Physics is where I feel any reasoned and rational answers will be found, if ever.

I'm not trying to prove anything, just saying I have no knowledge of how the universe we live within came into existence, but your answer leaves nothing but more questions to be asked with no universally accepted/proven/provable answers.
Physics is where I feel any reasoned and rational answers will be found, if ever.

All science started with God., including physics.

I know what I believe is a fact. You just don't want to think about it.
Facts are what has been proven true. And I have thought to what you and some others have claimed to be fact though all that can be given as evidence has to be believed true.
Beliefs founded on nothing more than beliefs remain beliefs.

Facts are what has been proven true. And I have thought to what you and some others have claimed to be fact though all that can be given as evidence has to be believed true.
Beliefs founded on nothing more than beliefs remain beliefs.

The existence of anything is evidence of this fact.

As I said, what YOU believe to be facts.

I believe it because I know it is a fact.

You choose to not even think about how it could be true for the sake of avoiding the use of critical thinking skills.

I believe it because I know it is a fact.

You choose to not even think about how it could be true for the sake of avoiding the use of critical thinking skills.
When you can prove it to everyone, then it will become fact.

The application of critical thinking when considering all the evidence which conflicts with your and others religious claims is what leads me to believe there are no questions which an answer will include Gods or supernatural beings.

When you can prove it to everyone, then it will become fact.

The application of critical thinking when considering all the evidence which conflicts with your and others religious claims is what leads me to believe there are no questions which an answer will include Gods or supernatural beings.

If you do not believe God exists, you must be able to explain how astronomical objects exist and back that up with undeniable proof.

Their existence alone is proof an infinite Creator exists because it is scientifically impossible to create something out of nothing.

Back
Top Bottom