• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which wing of the GOP House will emerge victorious with the Senate Immigration Bill?

Linc

NIMBY
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Bush-43, advocates hope to sway House GOP on immigration--conservatives may resist, rejecting Senate bill's citizenship path--from the Chicago Tribune's Washington Bureau

Re: Which wing of the GOP House will emerge victorious with the Senate Immigration Bi

Former President Bush, with Laura Bush, will preside over a ceremony Monday for new U.S.citizens at his library in Dallas. In a keynote address to mark the center's first major policy event, Bush will argue that overhauling the Nation's laws will be good for the Country. A panel discussion, "What Immigrants Contribute," will follow.

Re: Which wing of the GOP House will emerge victorious with the Senate Immigration Bi

Former President Bush, with Laura Bush, will preside over a ceremony Monday for new U.S.citizens at his library in Dallas. In a keynote address to mark the center's first major policy event, Bush will argue that overhauling the Nation's laws will be good for the Country. A panel discussion, "What Immigrants Contribute," will follow.

Obviously, what the GOP does or doesn't do on immigration will affect the GOP's future success, or lack of a future, or success.

"All of the problems that we face in the USA today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian." ~ Pat Paulsen

Obviously, what the GOP does or doesn't do on immigration will affect the GOP's future success, or lack of a future, or success.

"All of the problems that we face in the USA today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian." ~ Pat Paulsen

The advice given by those who would never vote for a GOP candidate never ceases to amaze...

I continue to vote for GOP candidates, but not McCain or Romney. I could easily vote for the other Bush or Christie, common-sense Repubs who work with the Dems and still believe in the old GOP of Ford, a party of ideas. Some here simply cannot put aside their snark.

I continue to vote for GOP candidates, but not McCain or Romney. I could easily vote for the other Bush or Christie, common-sense Repubs who work with the Dems and still believe in the old GOP of Ford, a party of ideas. Some here simply cannot put aside their snark.

So, as along as they have no real convictions, you have no issue voting for a Repub. Amazing...

The advice given by those who would never vote for a GOP candidate never ceases to amaze...

100 percent wrong.

I voted for Reagan, and G.H.W.Bush.

100 percent wrong.

And today you would vote for whom? Christie doesn't count...

Here's another quote from the article. "There's a large majority that could support reform and is either inclined YO or undecided, and that's where our efforts are most focused."

Here's another quote from the article. "There's a large majority that could support reform and is either inclined YO or undecided, and that's where our efforts are most focused."

Any representative supporting the Senate's reform measure will lose in 2014...

So, as along as they have no real convictions, you have no issue voting for a Repub. Amazing...

Christie has forgotten more about convictions than you and your partisan saboteurs ever knew. Accusing one of no real convictions is against DP rules for at least one very good reason. It is why the GOP House has this Country in the out-house.

Way too early to take a position.

Christie has forgotten more about convictions than you and your partisan saboteurs ever knew. Accusing one of no real convictions is against DP rules for at least one very good reason. It is why the GOP House has this Country in the out-house.

The members of the House were elected by your so called saboteurs, the citizens of their districts. Why would you want to disparage them?

Way too early to take a position.

It was a rather broad question, but I'm sure you must have some thoughts...

I would have voted for Huntsman in this last election. Would I have been right? I like Huntsman's apparent intellect but then again, I thought I saw that in Obama 2008 and he turned out to be much less of an intellectual and more of a politician.

In a few non-partisan words, can anyone remind me of why Bush's immigration plan failed to win support? I honestly can't remember.

Any representative supporting the Senate's reform measure will lose in 2014...

Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour and former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff will tell conservatives next week in Houston that immigration reform is important for National Security.

Who will win the GOP civil war, the dividers or the combiners?

I would have voted for Huntsman in this last election. Would I have been right? I like Huntsman's apparent intellect but then again, I thought I saw that in Obama 2008 and he turned out to be much less of an intellectual and more of a politician.

In a few non-partisan words, can anyone remind me of why Bush's immigration plan failed to win support? I honestly can't remember.

Public outrage over amnesty...

It was a rather broad question, but I'm sure you must have some thoughts...

I don't see anyone on the GOP side who I believe is likely to be elected President of the USA any time soon.

Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour and former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff will tell conservatives next week in Houston that immigration reform is important for National Security.

Who will win the GOP civil war, the dividers or the combiners?

Immigration control yes, but not amnesty for those here illegally...

I don't see anyone on the GOP side who I believe is likely to be elected President of the USA any time soon.

The question was not confined to the Presidency. Any elected federal office will do..

The members of the House were elected by your so called saboteurs, the citizens of their districts. Why would you want to disparage them?

I disparaged your reps, not your voters. You continue to B/F/T in violation of DP rules. Are you trying to derail my thread? Are you at all interested in solving immigration or just stalling, your MO everyone on DP is keenly aware of?

I disparaged your reps, not your voters. You continue to B/F/T in violation of DP rules. Are you trying to derail my thread? Are you at all interested in solving immigration or just stalling, your MO everyone on DP is keenly aware of?

it would be difficult for you to criticize members of the House without involving those that were responsible for their election. I have no interest in derailing your thread, but your fixation on my opposition to your ideas is doing more than I would even attempt...

100 percent wrong.

Hahahaha!
The question was not confined to the Presidency. Any elected federal office will do..
FFS...now you remove the context!

Good grief.

Hahahaha!
FFS...now you remove the context!

Good grief.

Let me know when you understand context...

Let me know when you understand context...
If you stipulate "not Christie" and "a fed position"....that kind of narrows it down a bit.

But go on, try to save face.....this is funny.

Back
Top Bottom