• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which wing of the GOP House will emerge victorious with the Senate Immigration Bill?

Re: Which wing of the GOP House will emerge victorious with the Senate Immigration Bi

Totally securing the USA's borders' must be an integral part of immigration reform

I agree. We'll see if the extra border patrol agents get the votes. Why not drone surveillance? Hopefully the Repubs will figure it out so we can get on with the Country's business.

Re: Which wing of the GOP House will emerge victorious with the Senate Immigration Bi

The only influence W would have on this debate is to make Republicans vote the other way. I don't see 118 votes in the house for this bill. If Boehner tries to break the Hastert rule,his career is over.

There are ZERO bills that the Repub House can generate on its own to deal with immigration to get 118 votes from their caucus and enough Dem votes to pass and go to conference. This is what we know it is, broken government. This is not any old House bill on jobs. It is immigration, a problem we all agree needs addressed.

There are ZERO bills that the Repub House can generate on its own to deal with immigration to get 118 votes from their caucus and enough Dem votes to pass and go to conference. This is what we know it is, broken government. This is not any old House bill on jobs. It is immigration, a problem we all agree needs addressed.

The senate bill doesn't solve it. Not even close. After the debacle of Obamacare,where he is not following the law and simply waiving things,why would he not do the same here? As for broken government,I don't know. I would rather have "broken"government than something like Obamacare or the Gang of 8,hastily voted on,rushed,and with no thoughts to the consequences.

Staunch conservative Mark Zuckerberg!

Then let the House do their job, come up with "their" immigration bill and go to conference. The "we're not going to conference since they didn't go on our 15 jobs bills" doesn't cut it on an issue of the importance of immigration. Let's stop living in the past.

Then let the House do their job, come up with "their" immigration bill and go to conference. The "we're not going to conference since they didn't go on our 15 jobs bills" doesn't cut it on an issue of the importance of immigration. Let's stop living in the past.

No thanks. We all know at conference it will be the senate bill. My congressman,Jim Sensenbrenner said that exact thing at a recent town hall meeting(since he serves on judiciary and could well be on a conference committee I believe him).

No thanks. We all know at conference it will be the senate bill. My congressman,Jim Sensenbrenner said that exact thing at a recent town hall meeting(since he serves on judiciary and could well be on a conference committee I believe him).

There it is, broken government. All agree we have a critical problem in all wings of all parties. Let's not go to conference because we won't get our way. Is this what the founders would have wanted?

There it is, broken government. All agree we have a critical problem in all wings of all parties. Let's not go to conference because we won't get our way. Is this what the founders would have wanted?

This president simply ignores parts of laws he knows could be harmful politically(like the employer mandate in Obamacare). Why in heck would we then trust him on other issues? Is that not part of "broken government"? It always amazes me that people that don't like how government operates then want more government,which will as it grows larger be even more dysfunctional.

This president simply ignores parts of laws he knows could be harmful politically(like the employer mandate in Obamacare). Why in heck would we then trust him on other issues? Is that not part of "broken government"? It always amazes me that people that don't like how government operates then want more government,which will as it grows larger be even more dysfunctional.

How would you suggest the House fix immigration, assuming it is a problem?

If the House continues with its incremental approach to any reform, they might be able to gain traction, but I, personally, would like to see the effects of having existing law truly enforced before making any changes...

If the House continues with its incremental approach to any reform, they might be able to gain traction, but I, personally, would like to see the effects of having existing law truly enforced before making any changes...

1) Incremental approach to any reform--let's see what "THE HOUSE" puts on the table; 2) existing laws truly enforced--Does "the House" believe any more patrol soldiers and resupplies are need? IOW, what are their payoffs as compared to the Senate ones?

1.Stop pushing a "comprehensive"approach. Whenever any potus has done this,it leads to a surge of illegal aliens crossing the border,expecting legalization.
2.Go incremental. Actually finish the border fence,double layered. Then ask congress to improve the entry exit system. Implement the Goodlatte guestworker program for agriculture(which makes the workers truly temporary. They can also not bring family with them,unless they are already here.
Hire more ICE,not more border agents. Interior enforcement is the bigger problem. Get rid of chain migration. Get rid of the diversity visa lottery. Put a ceiling on legal immigrants allowed yearly(at about 1 million,which is still very generous). THEN,it may be acceptable to go forward with a legalization,for people who came here as kids,ala the Dream Act.

Back
Top Bottom