• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which wing of the GOP House will emerge victorious with the Senate Immigration Bill?

Re: Which wing of the GOP House will emerge victorious with the Senate Immigration Bi

it would be difficult for you to criticize members of the House without involving those that were responsible for their election. I have no interest in derailing your thread, but your fixation on my opposition to your ideas is doing more than I would even attempt...

You started with opposition to moderate GOP ideas that I typed from a Repub paper. I cannot oppose your ideas since you don't present any. I did not ask you to tap on my post. Your wing of the GOP has this Country in quick sand

Re: Which wing of the GOP House will emerge victorious with the Senate Immigration Bi

If you stipulate "not Christie" and "a fed position"....that kind of narrows it down a bit.

But go on, try to save face.....this is funny.

Quick civics lesson... There are 536 people elected to federal office...

You started with opposition to moderate GOP ideas that I typed from a Repub paper. I cannot oppose your ideas since you don't present any. I did not ask you to tap on my post. Your wing of the GOP has this Country in quick sand

Considering I don't rely on a wing for my posts, I feel the country will be safe...

Hahahaha!
FFS...now you remove the context!

Good grief.

Refusal to speak directly has been his MO since Politico days.

Quick civic lesson... There are 536 people elected to federal office...
LOL....was Christie interested in any other but one? I'm mean I know he is a big guy, but his occupying more than one position would be tough.

LOL

Listen, if you have something to post about me, man up, and do it directly. You know my opinions in many areas...

Considering I don't rely on a wing for my posts, I feel the country will be safe...

Which is why you oppose the growing moderate GOP wing on immigration, just for starters.

You should see some of his pendantry!!

LOL....was Christie interested in any other but one? I'm mean I know he is a big guy, but his occupying more than one position would be tough.

LOL

Personally, I don't include him when asking those who claimed to have voted for another party in the past because his party is where his next win might lie...

Immigration reform does not need an amnesty component at all. All talk of "back of the line" is simply nonsense if the line does not start in one's country of origin.

Which is why you oppose the growing moderate GOP wing on immigration, just for starters.

I oppose any "wing" which seeks to excuse illegal immigration in the same manner that was done in 1986...

Listen, if you have something to post about me, man up, and do it directly. You know my opinions in many areas...

I know of zero opinions, just diversions. Be careful with your direct ordering of anyone. You came on here with an attitude.

I know of zero opinions, just diversions. Be careful with your direct ordering of anyone. You came on here with an attitude.

Then I would say I had given you too much credit in the past with regard to comprehension as those opinions had been discussed somewhat extensively...

I oppose any "wing" which seeks to excuse illegal immigration in the same manner that was done in 1986...

So you oppose what Reagan did? Why do hide your name in the thread info?

Personally, I don't include him when asking those who claimed to have voted for another party in the past because his party is where his next win might lie...
I'm sorry, when has Christie run as anything other than a Republican? And just to keep this in perspective, has he expressed interest in running for a position other than POTUS going forward?

Keep scrambling, keep looking for that way out of your blunder...

So you oppose what Reagan did? Why do hide your name in the thread info?

Yes to the first, and none of your business as to the second...

Then I would say I had given you too much credit in the past with regard to comprehension as those opinions had been discussed somewhat extensively...

That does not square with your recent posts at and about me before today. "Linc" is a chemist with solutions. What are your solutions"

I'm sorry, when has Christie run as anything other than a Republican? And just to keep this in perspective, has he expressed interest in running for a position other than POTUS going forward?

Keep scrambling, keep looking for that way out of your blunder...

I've only know dense as it relates to....

Never mind, you're not worth an infraction, but I would suggest you read for comprehension next time...

I've only know dense as it relates to....

Never mind, you're not worth an infraction, but I would suggest you read for comprehension next time...
Oh...the IRONY!!!!

That does not square with your recent posts at and about me before today. "Linc" is a chemist with solutions. What are your solutions"

My posts towards you have remained consistent regardless of the forum. My "solution" is to simply secure our borders, fully implement E-verify, and develop a system to track those in the country on Visas. If these were done, there would be no need to discuss the issue in the future as it relates to illegally residing in this country, but what is being proposed now does not insure any of these will occur...

Will the "Hastert Rule" continue to stymie immigration reform and be the GOP excuse for opposing Obama, even whe he puts forth proposals Hastert used to support? Btw, Hastert represented a nearby CD and coached wrestling and taught history when my high school faced his Yorkville H. S. Is the Hastert rule "constitutional"?

Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour and former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff will tell conservatives next week in Houston that immigration reform is important for National Security.

Who will win the GOP civil war, the dividers or the combiners?

I don't really care who wins, But I believe that the Democratic party will benefit from the GOP infighting.

I don't really care who wins, But I believe that the Democratic party will benefit from the GOP infighting.
The reason why I want the moderate wing to beat back the "Hastert" rule is that Boehner will be forced to put the bill up for vote, guaranteeing it's victory. I expect a conference committee forced on Reid, which he has been turning down and Boehner knows it.

My posts towards you have remained consistent regardless of the forum. My "solution" is to simply secure our borders, fully implement E-verify, and develop a system to track those in the country on Visas. If these were done, there would be no need to discuss the issue in the future as it relates to illegally residing in this country, but what is being proposed now does not insure any of these will occur...

What is this bill not doing to secure the border more, as Obama has each year since coming in, no slam on Bush intended? Obama continues to set records on deportation. And I have not heard the 4 Mexican border governors complain, or am I missing something?

What is this bill not doing to secure the border more, as Obama has each year since coming in, no slam on Bush intended? Obama continues to set records on deportation. And I have not heard the 4 Mexican border governors complain, or am I missing something?

Totally securing the USA's borders' must be an integral part of immigration reform

Back
Top Bottom