• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which will be worst for the US over the next 10 years?

Which scenario will be worst

• Total voters
Which what ?

Which will be worst for the US over the next 10 years?

self-replicating, carbon-eating nanobots, and tuxedo t-shirts becoming popular again.

Which what ?

Nvmnd, couldn't see the poll, now I can.

Hillary as a 3rd Obama term wouldn't just be bad for America, it would have world wide economic and security consequences

About that asteroid -- how big is "gigantic?"

The Dallas Cowboys do not win a Super Bowl.

'Ohhhh the humanity....'

About that asteroid -- how big is "gigantic?"

Exactly. And - where does it hit? If it is a Tunguska-size rock and lands in a populated area, then Trump and Hillary will be only the second and the third worst things that can happen

sadly, yes. in the 1980s.

a8bb7763e0e44f2cd15fc5200875d24d.jpg

In ten years we will all likely agree that global climate change will have been worse for the world and the U.S. than either Clinton or Trump.

In ten years we will all likely agree that global climate change will have been worse for the world and the U.S. than either Clinton or Trump.

I hope I'll be able to think in 10 years...much less agree...with anything. :lol:

I think the fear mongers on the left said the same thing 10 years ago too. I am willing to bet you right now that there will be zero appreciable difference in the climate in 10 years nor will there be a let up in the sky is falling rhetoric from the environuts on the left.

I think the fear mongers on the left said the same thing 10 years ago too.

Fear mongers? Who?

None on the right or none apolitical?

Same thing? What precisely is the "same thing?"

Ten years ago? Documentation that your answers to the questions above said the same thing 10 years ago. Five documented examples will suffice.

I am willing to bet you right now that there will be zero appreciable difference in the climate in 10 years nor will there be a let up in the sky is falling rhetoric from the environuts on the left.

What we are going to experience within the next 10 years is what we are beginning to experience now. Yes, there will be unseasonal and weird weather patterns depending on location. This we will come to realize is the permanent change in weather. Last year was the hottest year ever recorded, but we also saw snow and cold weather in unusual places and dates. Earthquakes will become more frequent and more severe. There may be relentless squalls up the east coast, unheard of precipitation causing problems in deserts, etc.

I think the fear mongers on the left said the same thing 10 years ago too. I am willing to bet you right now that there will be zero appreciable difference in the climate in 10 years nor will there be a let up in the sky is falling rhetoric from the environuts on the left.

That's a shame.

Have to go to the asteroid strike.
All the other things are survivable.

A giant asteroid can be quite large:

The size of what classifies as an asteroid is not extremely well defined, as an asteroid can range from a few meters wide – like a boulder — to objects that are hundreds of kilometers in diameter. The largest asteroid is asteroid Ceres at about 952 km (592 miles) in diameter, and Ceres is so large that it is also categorized as a dwarf planet.

and if one hits Earth, we're practically all toast.

What Is The Difference Between Asteroids and Meteorites? - Universe Today

Without a doubt a natural disaster such as a large asteroid impact, super volcanic eruption or electrical grid destroying coronal mass ejection would far outweigh the other options on any scale ranging from regional up to global in scope. The very life sustaining structure of societies everywhere could be severely damaged. People would literally starve to dealt by the hundreds of millions in addition to those killed by the direct effects.

I went with the asteroid, or any huge disaster like a major earthquake from the San Andreas fault. Politicians come and they go for the most part.

In reality the correct answer depends on how you define "gigantic" for the asteroid.
But assuming that gigantic is refrigerator size, (because that is actually pretty big as far as impacts go), I'd have to say that Trump as President would be the worst thing for both Americans and for the Earth.

I Know Trump was just being his usual moronic self about the nuclear bombs for Europe. But the part about nuking ISIS, he meant. The part about being in favor of nuclear weapons for Japan and South Korea... he meant. The part about defaulting on our debt and challenging China in such a way as to almost guarantee war... he meant.
The following 4 things are very real possibilities under Trump and all 4 can cause more casualties than a massive natural disaster...

-Global Depression
-Large scale conventional war on several fronts.
-Use of small scale nuclear weapons.
-Massive large scale nuclear war.

Back
Top Bottom