• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Teacher Would You Want For Your Children?

How many believe that education rather than political indoctrination is the goal....see that is the problem......far too few actually want youth to be able to think for themselves and then come to their own conclusions.....for them to live a self directed life.

This coming from someone who has probably never stepped inside a classroom as an educator and allows far-right fearmonger sites tell him what to believe.

Far too many teachers want to produce clones of themselves, they are not interested in education, though many lack the self awareness to know this.

You are making an unverifiable assertion.

Far too many students are not interested in education either, all they want to accomplish is satisfying the teacher.

There are many problems with our education system, however, very little of that is directly the fault of teachers.

Almost no one in the building is shooting for education.

Absolute hogwash.

Last edited:
A communist community organizer, or a billionaire capitalist? The latter, for sure.

You mean a guy who worked busted his butt to graduate at the top of his class at Harvard Law but then chose to serve his community rather than cash in vs a spoiled child born rich who spent his career conning people.

Trump is no great example of a billionaire capitalist. How confused are you? Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Sheldon Adelson, etc are great capitalists who started out from nothing.

Here are the top 10 self-made billionaires who started with nothing!

I feel bad for people like you, you're so easy to fool. Trump's entire career is built on selling an image of himself. He says so in his own book. I guess you really fell for it.

Donald Trump said:
"The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It's an innocent form of exaggeration, and a very effective form of promotion."

I guess he has successfully played on your fantasies and sold you a pile of "hyperbole" (just a fancy word for bull****)

So you are basically saying that all opinions by "butt-jack wack jobs" are wrong.
Not all, but most.

Luckyone said:
They have no basis on truth just because they are.......... Well, if you are so knowledgeable about the Electoral College, please make your point as to why it is not unfair.
Did that months ago.

Luckyone said:
If you are going to debase someone for their opinions (and facts) then it must mean you have facts to support your claim about them and about the Electoral College. Go on, prove them both!
Yep, and as I said above, I covered that topic months ago.

"even the whitehouse backed down on?"

Nope.......enjoy being incorrect on your several assertions that the WH was capitulating to the narcissistic Jim Acosta.

They are giving it a go.
We will see what happens.
I am not one to die on a lost hill but I do like " Dont give them an inch".

They did back down. Once CNN sued the whitehouse stopped claiming Acosta struck, or touched or made contact with the intern. They backed down on that lie that you insist on still pushing.

I think you would have been better of going with ' he sucks'

Because he daang sure ain't a "nothingburger."
Or haven't you paid attention to the constant level 11 freeakoutage form liberal?

Come on, you can't be Hiltler and Stalin and be a nothi9ngburger.

LAFFRIOT

You got a point.

Not all, but most.

Did that months ago.

Yep, and as I said above, I covered that topic months ago.

send me a link to where you covered those topics, because I have not seen or read them and this is presently "our debate".

Then again, if you don't that is fine. We will continue to peg each other as we have been doing in the past.

CNN asks for emergency hearing after Trump threatens to revoke Acosta's press pass again

"The White House has issued a new warning to CNN's Jim Acosta, saying his press pass could be revoked again at the end of the month. In response, CNN is asking the US District Court for another emergency hearing."

Round and round.

Enjoy.
View attachment 67244601

Even with you moving the goal posts you fail on the new turf that you moved them to. So yeah... Please do enjoy your crow.

White House backs down from legal fight, restores Jim Acosta's press pass

The White House on Monday said that CNN correspondent Jim Acosta's press pass has been "restored," bowing to days of pressure and a federal lawsuit against the administration.

CNN signaled that it would drop the ongoing litigation over Acosta's access to the White House.

"Today the White House fully restored Jim Acosta's press pass. As a result, our lawsuit is no longer necessary," the network said in a statement. "We look forward to continuing to cover the White House."​

:lamo

This coming from someone who has probably never stepped inside a classroom as an educator and allows far-right fearmonger sites tell him what to believe.

You are making an unverifiable assertion.

There are many problems with our education system, however, very little of that is directly the fault of teachers.

Absolute hogwash.

Paglia and Peterson are right that the University Professors deserve their new roles as serfs because failed to stand up for education.

12:15

1:35:45 for more good stuff on the failure and needed reforms of education.

They're only useful to intellectually indolent people.

Not necessarily. Why Not All Stereotypes Are Bad | Think magazine | CWRU

You may find the section in this article on knowledge insufficiency and how stereotypes are fillers interesting. Also useful is the discussion of how different the perceptions are in individualist vs collectivist societies (where there is greater acceptance of stereotypes as non-offensive). See page 155 for "Can Stereotyping Be Helpful?" http://infinitypress.info/index.php/jsss/article/viewFile/554/353

By the way this is good time to remind ourselves why we want Federalist judges on the bench.
This guy ruled on the merits and NOT on desired outcome.( you know like the lw SC justices did on the Tump travel ban)

So another poster gave the following example of Obama supposedly being belligerent with reporters in comparison to how Trump is often belligerent with reporters:

Personally, I don't see the resemblance. In fact, I thought Obama handled that reporter with grace and dignity (and he actually answered his question).

Compare that to:

In the education field we are taught how to keep control of the classroom through a calm sternness. Obama demonstrated that well in the first video. Trump... not so much. In fact, he escalated the situation, especially when he threw out the insults (imagine if a teacher called your child a 'terrible person'). It is just yet another example of Trump's failure as a leader.

Both Trump and the reporter could have been more mature in this situation.

But then again, people like you never think that way.

Juvenile hackery noted......thank you.

You may find the section in this article on knowledge insufficiency and how stereotypes are fillers interesting. Also useful is the discussion of how different the perceptions are in individualist vs collectivist societies (where there is greater acceptance of stereotypes as non-offensive). See page 155 for "Can Stereotyping Be Helpful?" http://infinitypress.info/index.php/jsss/article/viewFile/554/353

Red:
Given your "red" observation, surely you aren't suggesting that I take seriously a conservative's advocacy for stereotypes?

Or perhaps you had rather conservatives be construed in accordance with the stereotype the authors note: "Societies and people with short-term orientation may be stereotyped as typically masculine, individualist, and even narrow-minded?"

Last edited:
send me a link to where you covered those topics, because I have not seen or read them and this is presently "our debate".

Then again, if you don't that is fine. We will continue to peg each other as we have been doing in the past.
Should I send you a link to the times you said you weren't going to into discussions with me any more? :shock:

You mean a guy who worked busted his butt to graduate at the top of his class at Harvard Law but then chose to serve his community rather than cash in vs a spoiled child born rich who spent his career conning people.

Trump is no great example of a billionaire capitalist. How confused are you? Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Sheldon Adelson, etc are great capitalists who started out from nothing.

Here are the top 10 self-made billionaires who started with nothing!

I feel bad for people like you, you're so easy to fool. Trump's entire career is built on selling an image of himself. He says so in his own book. I guess you really fell for it.

I guess he has successfully played on your fantasies and sold you a pile of "hyperbole" (just a fancy word for bull****)

You don't know that Obama graduated at the top of his class.

Both Trump and the reporter could have been more mature in this situation.

But then again, people like you never think that way.

'People like me.'

Actually, I was a bit critical of Acosta in one of the original DP threads on the event.

Juvenile hackery noted......thank you.

Comparing and contrasting how two presidents handled similar situations is not hackery. Do you even know what hackery is?

Should I send you a link to the times you said you weren't going to into discussions with me any more? :shock:

Funny.

I am glad you reminded me as it makes me remember how little I value your opinion.

Red:
Okay...So there is some use for stereotypes, namely positive ones, in that they "provide us with conscious awareness of differences and the need to understand that different norms and values exist regardless of our assumption of the common;" however, "stereotypes in many cases are insufficient ideas and beliefs about people and events." Notably, they reflect and are used due to one's suffering "incomplete knowledge and understanding of people, events, and situations," which is all well and good until one obtains "learning experiences and opportunities to further [one's] knowledge and understanding of things, people, situations and events." The problem comes when stereotypes persist "despite newly discovered facts, truth, information and knowledge. When stereotypes persist even after learning has taken place then we enter the territory of prejudice, bias, and discrimination." There's nothing beneficial about such stereotyping; moreover, it's illogical as a basis for forming a conclusion.

Using negatively biased unreason, the other member asserted, in response to the question, "How is it you know that the OP-er is party to whatever be the nature and extent of the 'nearly complete failure of the basic education system as well as the University?'", answered "educators are generally failures now," even as the objective and qualitative measures of aggregate success/failure of educators, both globally and domestically, strongly suggest otherwise. To wit:

While I cannot explain the cause(s) of other member's ignorance about the nature and extent of US educators' performance, I can say that given multiple data points and frames of reference, inapt be the stereotype on which he relied to extrapolate his conclusion about the OP-er.

Funny.

I am glad you reminded me as it makes me remember how little I value your opinion.
I couldn't care less how much you value my opinion, but when you say something absolutely dumb-ass stupid you're going to get it.

I couldn't care less how much you value my opinion, but when you say something absolutely dumb-ass stupid you're going to get it.

I wouldn't talk bullseye. You support Trump and that is about as dumb-ass as it gets.

'People like me.'

Actually, I was a bit critical of Acosta in one of the original DP threads on the event.

Comparing and contrasting how two presidents handled similar situations is not hackery. Do you even know what hackery is?

Obama was more of a back handed sleaze ball when it came to these matters and had his attack dogs do his dirty work for him.

Red:
Given your "red" observation, surely you aren't suggesting that I take seriously a conservative's advocacy for stereotypes?

Or perhaps you had rather conservatives be construed in accordance with the stereotype the authors note: "Societies and people with short-term orientation may be stereotyped as typically masculine, individualist, and even narrow-minded?"

I was referring strictly and directly only to the differences between individualist vs collectivist societies and not to conservatives or progressives.

Obama was more of a back handed sleaze ball when it came to these matters and had his attack dogs do his dirty work for him.

Trump will go with the back hand and the front hand, so yeah...

Back
Top Bottom