• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Teacher Would You Want For Your Children?

I think if you'd actually care to ask most teachers (I know you wouldn't) they'd agree our education system needs to model better education systems, such as Finland.

How many believe that education rather than political indoctrination is the goal....see that is the problem......far too few actually want youth to be able to think for themselves and then come to their own conclusions.....for them to live a self directed life.

Far too many teachers want to produce clones of themselves, they are not interested in education, though many lack the self awareness to know this.

Far too many students are not interested in education either, all they want to accomplish is satisfying the teacher.

Almost no one in the building is shooting for education.

Do you dispute this?

Last edited:
Source? Oh, wait, your opinion. Imagine how very incompetent she is according to you, and yet will go to Congress.

She terrifies the right, why else do they attack like they do?

Sure, fine, if you say so. :roll:

Don Lemon: ‘Neil Munro, How Dare You’

"CNN host Don Lemon railed against The Daily Caller and its reporter Neil Munro on his show Sunday for interrupting President Obama during his Friday remarks on immigration policy.

The Daily Caller’s Munro raised many eyebrows last week for what some called his “outrageous” and inappropriate behavior. The Daily Caller tweeted that it was “proud” of Munro and editor-in-chief Tucker Carlson suggested that his reporter’s actions were similar to those of former White House correspondent Sam Donaldson during the Reagan years.

“I don’t remember Diane Sawyer scolding her colleague Sam Donaldson for heckling President Reagan,” Carlson said in a statement after Munro interrupted Obama. “And she shouldn’t have. A reporter’s job is to ask questions and get answers.”

In a statement to The Huffington Post’s Michael Calderone, Donaldson rejected any comparison between himself and Munro, stating, “Never once did I interrupt a president in any way while he was making a formal statement, a speech, honoring awardees or in any other way holding the floor...What this man did yesterday is something new, to me wrong and unusual.”"

Quite the hypocritical display compared to what has occurred before.

How many believe that education rather than political indoctrination is the goal....see that is the problem......far too few actually want youth to be able to think for themselves and then come to their own conclusions.....for them to live a self directed life.

Far too many teachers want to produce clones of themselves, they are not interested in education, though many lack the self awareness to know this.

Far too many students are not interested in education either, all they want to accomplish is satisfying the teacher.

Almost no one in the building is shooting for education.

Do you dispute this?

Barack Hussein Obama.. mmm mmm mmm

A communist community organizer, or a billionaire capitalist? The latter, for sure.

Actually, a 2-term President of the United States versus a man who has sat in that office for only 2 years and who has a very sketchy record as a real estate developer.

He probably meant the one that struck the intern trying to do her job.

Lying like this doesn't help your position at all.

So another poster gave the following example of Obama supposedly being belligerent with reporters in comparison to how Trump is often belligerent with reporters:

Personally, I don't see the resemblance. In fact, I thought Obama handled that reporter with grace and dignity (and he actually answered his question).

Compare that to:

In the education field we are taught how to keep control of the classroom through a calm sternness. Obama demonstrated that well in the first video. Trump... not so much. In fact, he escalated the situation, especially when he threw out the insults (imagine if a teacher called your child a 'terrible person'). It is just yet another example of Trump's failure as a leader.

Acosta is a terrible person,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acosta is a terrible person,

I could not speak to his being a terrible person but he for sure is a terrible reporter.

JA is going to be singularly responsible for the white house press room to require rules of decorum akin to a preschool classroom.

What a child. This goes beyond unprofessionalism.

I could not speak to his being a terrible person but he for sure is a terrible reporter.

JA is going to be singularly responsible for the white house press room to require rules of decorum akin to a preschool classroom.

What a child. This goes beyond unprofessionalism.

But liberals don’t see him as the problem, it’s Trumps fault!

Lying like this doesn't help your position at all.

Perhaps you have not viewed the tape yet. The activity was very similar to the Lewendowsky case.

The charges were dismissed but at least he was detained.

But liberals don’t see him as the problem, it’s Trumps fault!

The childrens rules for the pressroom will likely be in effect long after this administration has moved on.

Actually, a 2-term President of the United States versus a man who has sat in that office for only 2 years and who has a very sketchy record as a real estate developer.

The worst president in United States history? Neh, pass!

Lulz. Obama won the office of the POTUS twice. Trump may not finish out his first.

That you can't face that fact is delicious.

Sometime it helps to remind folks. . .

Perhaps you have not viewed the tape yet. The activity was very similar to the Lewendowsky case.

The charges were dismissed but at least he was detained.

I have. And when CNN sued the whitehouse, the whitehouse dropped that lie even though you seem fit to carry it on.

Of course if he was teaching 5th graders he would have to back off the ussy-pay talk

No he wouldn't. You must have missed his "speech" at the Boy Scout Jamboree

Ah gloat trolling. How'd that work out for you a couple Tuesdays ago? :lol:

I'd laugh my ass off at how pathetic the citizens of Trump Fan Nation are that all they have to cling to is him losing the popular vote 2 years ago but winning the EC, with 3 states he just got his ass handed to him in during the midterms 2 weeks ago, but it isn't funny. It's creepy and sad.

I have. And when CNN sued the whitehouse, the whitehouse dropped that lie even though you seem fit to carry it on.

Not a lie. Unequal justice on display.

Its getting worked out.

Not a lie. Unequal justice on display.

Its getting worked out.

You are lying out of desperation to play your victim card. Sad.

You are lying out of desperation to play your victim card. Sad.

One was charged and one was not in a very similar circumstance. The tapes are clear. It is how we treat them that is different.

Back
Top Bottom