• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

which sucks worse

?

• servercore

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • ipad

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
choices:
windows 2008 server core
apple ipad

I am going to go with servercore BECAUSE MICROSOFT CANNOT MAKE COMMAND LINE TOOLS WORTH A CRAP

ok I feel better now.

I have no idea, as no experience do I have with either.

Well, perhaps a tiny bit with MS windows 2008 server core, but not on the level you speak of...

But the following general rule seems to apply everywhere I look:

MS products have more users than any of their competitor's do, and at the same time have more bugs/issues than any competitor does.

I have no idea, as no experience do I have with either.

Well, perhaps a tiny bit with MS windows 2008 server core, but not on the level you speak of...

But the following general rule seems to apply everywhere I look:

MS products have more users than any of their competitor's do, and at the same time have more bugs/issues than any competitor does.

I just got annoyed. Their command line tools have no coherence and everyone has different rules for adding details. Some are case sensitive, some are not. Some give feedback, some don't. They need to go back and come up with an overall structure that all the tools adhere to.

which sucks worse

I'm gonna go with "both of them", since I've never heard of either one of them and don't know what they are.
If they were worth a crap, I'd know about them.

I'm gonna go with "both of them", since I've never heard of either one of them and don't know what they are.
If they were worth a crap, I'd know about them.

never heard of the Ipad?

never heard of the Ipad?

Naw. But I'm not much into tech stuff.
I'm sort of resistant to it, actually.
I resisted touching a computer until was in my thirties, and driving a car until last year. :lol:

I've never used either one, but I still voted Ipad. That thing is completely and utterly useless. It has all of the downsides of a smartphone and a netbook, and none of the benefits of either.

I just got annoyed. Their command line tools have no coherence and everyone has different rules for adding details. Some are case sensitive, some are not. Some give feedback, some don't. They need to go back and come up with an overall structure that all the tools adhere to.
Write a program for that, and sell it as a 3rd-party add-on. You'll be rich...

Heh.

Last edited:
Write a program for that, and sell it as a 3rd-party add-on. You'll be rich...

Heh.

It exists and its called MMC, but its not as complete as it should be.

I'm going with the iTampon. While 2008 Server Core sucks, at least you don't have that pompous windbag Steve Jobs telling you what you can and cannot do.

Screw Apple.

Im for capitalism and success, but I certainly hate all those big successful companies.:)

Im for capitalism and success, but I certainly hate all those big successful companies.:)

Nothing to do with hating large companies. Everything to do with crappy useless products or configuration tools that are incoherent to the point I would have to keep a command reference open to do basic tasks.

Nothing to do with hating large companies. Everything to do with crappy useless products or configuration tools that are incoherent to the point I would have to keep a command reference open to do basic tasks.

Hmmmmm..... sounds lame. :C

Back
Top Bottom