• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Sports Organization is the Best?

Which organization is more corrupt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
30 plus year sentence handed down to Brazilian Olympic head for bribery in the awarding of the 2016 Olympic Games.

NCAA hands down. The others are pretty much openly corrupt.

NCAA hands down. The others are pretty much openly corrupt.
You remember how quickly FIFA put the kibosh on the “Super League?”

I hear there are rumblings about revisiting the SL.

I agree, the NCAA pretends to be lily-white…..they have been ever so slow in being dragged into fair play!

I feel like the thread title is at odds with the poll question

You remember how quickly FIFA put the kibosh on the “Super League?”

I hear there are rumblings about revisiting the SL.

I agree, the NCAA pretends to be lily-white…..they have been ever so slow in being dragged into fair play!
When the IOC was in Vancouver evaluating the city's bid for the Winter Olympics the city provided them with cars. The committee members were apparently quite annoyed they weren't allowed to keep them, as had been the custom in previous potential host cities.

What’s wrong with a little click-bait to get eyeballs?
If it works out well ask Schweddy if you can monetize this thread.

When the IOC was in Vancouver evaluating the city's bid for the Winter Olympics the city provided them with cars. The committee members were apparently quite annoyed they weren't allowed to keep them, as had been the custom in previous potential host cities.
What I fail to understand is how this continues. The Olympic Games have been mostly a money pit for the host nation for as long as I can remember. And with the Brazil guy, who got the 2 million that he funneled?

What I fail to understand is how this continues. The Olympic Games have been mostly a money pit for the host nation for as long as I can remember. And with the Brazil guy, who got the 2 million that he funneled?
It's a money-pit for vendors as well. No supplier ever turns a profit at the games but they continue to bid for the marketing bragging rights. The kickbacks (legal) required to provide so much as an ice cream at the games are enormous. Someone's getting rich and it's not the athletes, sponsors or host countries.

F1 has the same scam going.

Fifa and IOC do not compete with the NCAA when it comes to corruption. But one thing the FIFA and IOC do not do is make hundreds of millions over the backs of athletes that live like professionals but are not allowed to profit from their own work, their own name, their own rights when it comes to copyright. They make tons of money and do not get any financial rewards for the risk they take with their bodies. But again, not corrupt in the financial way but rather a crooked way of viewing their "money makers".

FIFA. 2015 proved that.

Fifa and IOC do not compete with the NCAA when it comes to corruption. But one thing the FIFA and IOC do not do is make hundreds of millions over the backs of athletes that live like professionals but are not allowed to profit from their own work, their own name, their own rights when it comes to copyright. They make tons of money and do not get any financial rewards for the risk they take with their bodies. But again, not corrupt in the financial way but rather a crooked way of viewing their "money makers".
NCAA is begrudgingly giving up ground, millimeter by millimeter.

NCAA is begrudgingly giving up ground, millimeter by millimeter.
Kicking and screaming and kicking and screaming and all while trying to dig their heels in, tied to this beast

Größenvergleich_Schaufelradbagger_Mobilbagger.JPG

the bagger 288, 721 feet long, 151 feet wide and 315 feet high, weighing a solid 29,800,000 lb

Back
Top Bottom