• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Religions Treat Women as Equals To Men?

1. -Discordianism is the clear winner, with language in their holy text explicitly allowing anyone of any combination of chromosomes, gender identities, sexual orientations, or lack of gender identity to serve in any capacity or role.
    "There are no particular qualifications for Ordination because if you want to be a POEE Priest then you must undoubtedly qualify. Who could possibly know better than you whether or not you should be Ordained?"
  2. -The Baháʼí Faith comes in second, with language in their holy text explicitly stating equality between men and women is necessary:
    "The world of humanity is possessed of two wings: the male and the female. So long as these two wings are not equivalent in strength, the bird will not fly. Until womankind reaches the same degree as man, until she enjoys the same arena of activity, extraordinary attainment for humanity will not be realized; humanity cannot wing its way to heights of real attainment. When the two wings or parts become equivalent in strength, enjoying the same prerogatives, the flight of man will be exceedingly lofty and extraordinary."
  3. -The Satanic Temple will allow anyone of any gender to become a member, and won't allow anyone of any gender to be ordained.
  4. -Wicca has a balance of masculine and feminine energy as a prevailing theme. Wiccans don't have a strong centralized religious structure, so there are no doubt some covens that allow a man to become a High Priestess, and others that do not.

There are some christian denominations that will ordain women:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordination_of_women_in_Protestant_denominations

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/religion-ordain-women_n_5826422

OrdinationOfWomen3.png

Which religions around the the world treat women as absolute equals to men?

We know this is NOT Catholics. We know it's NOT most Islamic denominations. We know it's NOT the Jehovah's Witnesses. Pretty sure it's NOT Mormons.

So which religious denominations allow or permit women to achieve or hold any position within the organization that a man can hold?

Are most major religions misogynistic?
Would that make "god" a misogynist?

If yes, are you fine with that?
Do you think that's the way it should be?
Should men run the show when it comes to religion?
If yes, why?

Why can't a female be the leader of the church/group/hall/denomination/sect?
Reform Jewish people have women Rabbi's now, but that is a relatively recent thing. Even the conservative Jews now do that. I think it will be a long time before the Orthodox change, They only got their first female rabbi in 2006

Reform Jewish people have women Rabbi's now, but that is a relatively recent thing. Even the conservative Jews now do that. I think it will be a long time before the Orthodox change, They only got their first female rabbi in 2006

More reasons why basing your beliefs and practices on traditions formed over 2000 years ago makes little to no sense.

More reasons why basing your beliefs and practices on traditions formed over 2000 years ago makes little to no sense.

I think it all depends on how ridged a group is. Conservative mindsets tend to be more ridged , either secular or religious.

I think it all depends on how ridged a group is. Conservative mindsets tend to be more ridged , either secular or religious.

What's amazing to me is this.

Which group could be closer to a "god-like" entity?

Women:
who give birth (kinda hard to top this one...)
who are nurturing, caring, and gentle
who are less aggressive, and less violent

-or-

Men:
who will cut your head off and stick it on a pike
who will go to war at the drop of a hat
who are far more aggressive and violent

Guess it depends on which "god" you think exists out there.

Reform Judaism? LOL!

What we have with Reform Judaism is a hodgepodge of beliefs that are all over the board, including even non-belief! Some say there is a creator and some say there is no creator. There is no official recognition of an afterlife, or even a Jewish Messiah. If there is an afterlife, it's based on rewarding works. Believing in God is not even necessary. This is somewhat humorous since who is it that's supposedly going to reward those works if God doesn't exist?.

As noted in their beliefs below, most believe God is forgiving of all. One has to wonder then if Reform Jews will feel at ease in eternity with Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin and other serial murderers running loose in their midst?

In addition, rather than embrace traditional Judaism which teaches that Homosexual relations are a sin, Reform Jews, according to the link, will openly endorse gay sex, saying such behavior is God-created! What's more, reincarnation is in too if they want, which is a documented pagan belief contrary to reason and traditional Judaism.

In short, Reform Judaism is pretty much whatever people want to believe, based on their man-made whims. Questions such as, What happens to you if you are not a Reform Jew, and, How many works, and what kind of works, does it take to be rewarded with the afterlife are obviously anyone's guess.

IMO, Reform Judaism is a hodgepodge philosophical structure which is ill-defined, often contradictory to traditional Judaism, etc., man-created, and can certainly incorporate and embrace not only pagan beliefs but also far-left. subjective, politically-correct dogma.

Reform Judaism? LOL!

What we have with Reform Judaism is a hodgepodge of beliefs that are all over the board, including even non-belief! Some say there is a creator and some say there is no creator. There is no official recognition of an afterlife, or even a Jewish Messiah. If there is an afterlife, it's based on rewarding works. Believing in God is not even necessary. This is somewhat humorous since who is it that's supposedly going to reward those works if God doesn't exist?.

As noted in their beliefs below, most believe God is forgiving of all. One has to wonder then if Reform Jews will feel at ease in eternity with Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin and other serial murderers running loose in their midst?

In addition, rather than embrace traditional Judaism which teaches that Homosexual relations are a sin, Reform Jews, according to the link, will openly endorse gay sex, saying such behavior is God-created! What's more, reincarnation is in too if they want, which is a documented pagan belief contrary to reason and traditional Judaism.

In short, Reform Judaism is pretty much whatever people want to believe, based on their man-made whims. Questions such as, What happens to you if you are not a Reform Jew, and, How many works, and what kind of works, does it take to be rewarded with the afterlife are obviously anyone's guess.

IMO, Reform Judaism is a hodgepodge philosophical structure which is ill-defined, often contradictory to traditional Judaism, etc., man-created, and can certainly incorporate and embrace not only pagan beliefs but also far-left. subjective, politically-correct dogma.

Sounds cool

Sounds cool
Odd you would say that because it sure sounds like the epitome of a hypocrite/apostate to me...

"For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* teaching,+ but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.*" 2 Timothy 4:3

Odd you would say that because it sure sounds like the epitome of a hypocrite/apostate to me...

"For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* teaching,+ but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.*" 2 Timothy 4:3
Well that is an insult. Would you like it if I called you a religious wacko,?

In short, Reform Judaism is pretty much whatever people want to believe, based on their man-made whims.

Let me fix that for you:

In short, Religion is pretty much whatever people want to believe, based on their man-made whims.

It's much more of an all-encompassing truth that way.

As there is no religion that is NOT man-made.

Well that is an insult. Would you like it if I called you a religious wacko,?
You either want people to walk the talk or you don't...you can't have it both ways...and i wasn't speaking of you but the words of who you quoted and the fact that you thought it sounded cool, when really, if you stop to think about it, it is not cool at all but hypocritical...

You either want people to walk the talk or you don't...you can't have it both ways...and i wasn't speaking of you but the words of who you quoted...
I want people to be free to believe what they want....not what they are told to believe from some bronze age fictional book

I want people to be free to believe what they want....not what they are told to believe from some bronze age fictional book
So, you want them to be free to be hypocrites...got it...just don't call them out on it when they are...

So, you want them to be free to be hypocrites...got it...just don't call them out on it when they are...
No. I want them free of the delusions people like you carry

Which religions around the the world treat women as absolute equals to men?

We know this is NOT Catholics. We know it's NOT most Islamic denominations. We know it's NOT the Jehovah's Witnesses. Pretty sure it's NOT Mormons.

So which religious denominations allow or permit women to achieve or hold any position within the organization that a man can hold?

Are most major religions misogynistic?
Would that make "god" a misogynist?

If yes, are you fine with that?
Do you think that's the way it should be?
Should men run the show when it comes to religion?
If yes, why?

Why can't a female be the leader of the church/group/hall/denomination/sect?
United Church of Canada. They've been ordaining women for years. Gays, too.
Not all congregations accept gay ministers but since 1988 gays have been eligible to be ordained ministers and the first woman was ordained in 1936. She was the minister in Saint Andrews United Church in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.

Last edited:
They may claim anything they like in America.

Its called freedom
True...freedom to be a hypocrite...just don't gripe about it when you run into one...

I have always preferred wiccans and pagans over Christians and others who pretend they stand on ethics and morality. We all know they don't.

True...freedom to be a hypocrite...just don't gripe about it when you run into one...
I avoid you religious hypocrites like the plague

I have always preferred wiccans and pagans over Christians and others who pretend they stand on ethics and morality. We all know they don't.
And to think, we've got posters right here who prefer such ones over those who strive to be true to their name...SMH...

And to think, we've got posters right here who prefer such ones over those who strive to be true to their name...SMH...
They are true to their name

Back
Top Bottom