• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

Who will still be standing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dooble

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've noticed a lot of churches have been caving in to the demands of gay activists, so my question here is, which of the remaining 4 will still be standing after the dust settles?

re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

Oh, I'm sure there will still be plenty of places for you to worship with others who share your biased views.

"Gay Agenda" ?

You mean, like wanting people with arbitrary prejudice to stop persecuting them? That agenda?

I've noticed a lot of churches have been caving in to the demands of gay activists, so my question here is, which of the remaining 4 will still be standing after the dust settles?

I don't know, but I'm sure you could always join WBC's congregation.

"Gay Agenda" ?

You mean, like wanting people with arbitrary prejudice to stop persecuting them? That agenda?

Wanting equality is wanting extra rights.

I'm gona go with the Roman Catholic Church on this one.

"Gay Agenda" ?

People with arbitrary prejudice will never stop persecuting whom they are prejudice against. That's the nature of prejudice. We still have Black Panthers, La'Raza, The Brady Campaign, Army of God, etc. This stuff will never go away.

The Catholic Church once supported slavery and the Mormons and Southern Baptists didn't allow black priests. Social pressure force them to change their views or watch themselves become marginalized out of existence. Homosexuality is no different. Every generation is less prejudiced than the last and the number of people who will refuse to associate with a church preaching bigotry will only increase.

WAAAAA:2bigcry:

My prediction will be the LDS. They're the only religion (that I'm aware of) that claims to be directed by ongoing revelation, and God has been clear on his views about homosexuality. The church will pack up and move to "Zion" before it embraces same-sex marriage.

No church can stand against the coming gaypocalypse.

No church can stand against the coming gaypocalypse.
There can be only one.

My prediction will be the LDS. They're the only religion (that I'm aware of) that claims to be directed by ongoing revelation, and God has been clear on his views about homosexuality. The church will pack up and move to "Zion" before it embraces same-sex marriage.

On the contrary, they can simply have a new revelation like they did when they abandoned the theological racism. The cognitive dissonance needed to handle the inconsistency is well within normal human limits.

Nice recovery. Do you need another wet wipe?

Thanxs but ill get my own if I need. I'd be afraid of catching something from your used one

That's what I thought at first, and somebody who sounds like they're a little more familiar with the Church of Latter Day Saints than I am responded by saying their stance against homosexuals is actually relaxing.

I actually think the LDS Church and its adherents are more amenable to this sort of social change than a lot of Evangelical denominations. I wouldn't be surprised if Utah ends up allowing gay marriage legislation to pass through before Mississippi or equivalent states. People underestimate changing youth demographics among Mormons and the proclivity for adapting to social change that the Church has routinely shown. Even now the Church as an organization has begun to quietly shift its resources away from fighting gay marriage and pointedly did not sever its ties with the BSA and did so rather smoothly unlike a whole host of Baptist and Evangelical associations which have cut ties.

If he's right maybe you should think about drawing up some of those "Thank God for dead soldiers" signs.

I'm more interested in the many religions that support homosexuals and equal rights. Many denominations of Christianity, including the Episcopal and Lutheran churches, some sects of Catholicism, the United Church of Canada, Quakers, some Mennonites, and then there's Unitarians, Reform Jews, and many Buddhists, and then there's Wiccans and American Indian faiths... all of which express support for gay rights and gay marriage.

There is literally not a single faith in the whole world without homosexual members, nor one without heterosexuals who support them.

I'm more interested in the many religions that support homosexuals and equal rights. Many denominations of Christianity, including the Episcopal and Lutheran churches, some sects of Catholicism, the United Church of Canada, Quakers, some Mennonites, and then there's Unitarians, Reform Jews, and many Buddhists, and then there's Wiccans and American Indian faiths... all of which express support for gay rights and gay marriage.

There is literally not a single faith in the whole world without homosexual members, nor one without heterosexuals who support them.

Ah, but by Doobie's standards those churches are no longer "standing their ground."

Guessing it won't be Catholicism...

I wasn't aware religion had to fight off the gay agenda. I wasn't aware they were in antithesis.

You seem to be looking for problems and creating the perception of a problem where there isn't one to begin with.

To tell the truth, I highly doubt that anyone of them will be standing due to change. I am sure 150 years ago people were wondering which religion would stand for slavery. But in the end, there is a realization that we are all human. So if I may, please stop hiding your bigotry behind your religions.

In 1978 the Mormons caved and let Black men into the church's lay priesthood, eventually the Mormons will cave on this and other issues-it's just a matter of time.

I'm gona go with the Roman Catholic Church on this one.

I would have picked them 5 years ago. What with Pope Francis saying that some atheists may find themselves in the Kingdom of God, I find a change of leniency that may extend to the homosexuals in this world.

I picked the Southern Baptists.

Back
Top Bottom