• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Ranks as MORE IMPORTANT right now: White House Incompetence or Border Security?

Which issue right now, White House Incompetence or Border Security, presents a greater danger?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trippy Trekker

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Which issue right now, White House Incompetence or Border Security, presents a greater danger to the United States?

Ask us a hard one.

Trump is the greatest threat this nation has faced in a very long time.

Both have been an issue for the last 30-40 years, and the sky hasn't fallen.

You could say Bama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan have not been incompetent...but I'd argue it. If what we've gotten from our government from the last couple decades is competence...then I shudder to think what incompetence would look like. And I'm sure you're thinking...it looks like a trump presidency...but the truth is, the only real change is the dialogue used to narrate it. Reagan made corporations disgustingly wealthy, as well as declared "war" on drugs (so long as they were drugs not approved of by lawmakers). Bush 1 continued that, and set the stage for infinity war. (Not marvel, Middle East). Clinton obligingly followed that path laid out for him, and doomed literally millions of people's lives in so doing. Oh, and NAFTA. Bush 2 "stayed the course", and also decided those corporations Reagan enriched just didn't quite have enough, so we got citizens United. Oh, and patriot act, the single greatest threat to each our individual liberty since...well, King George, I'd say. And Obama decided to "stay the course" but called it something different. Oh, and TARP...billions f dollars, the majority of which, went towards wealthy executive bonuses and golden parachutes. Ever since then, corporate profit margins, and executive pay, have increased at exponentially higher rates than ever before...at least post Great Depression. Everyone else? Nada. Zilch. Median income has failed to keep up with inflation (which is being kept low by the fed this entire time). Oh, and ACA. Literally handing buckets of money to insurance company's. And now, Trump.

Ask yourself. Ignoring the dialogue, the words themselves, and focusing just on actions and results, how is he so much worse?

Ask us a hard one.

Trump is the greatest threat this nation has faced in a very long time.

:lol: I laugh, but sadly it's too true.

Unfortunately a partisan question as Trump supporters won't acknowledge he is incompetent at all, much less weigh it against any other issues or problems.

Unfortunately a partisan question as Trump supporters won't acknowledge he is incompetent at all, much less weigh it against any other issues or problems.

And Trump haters will consider everything he does incompetent, whether it is or not. This whole thing breaks down along party lines, which means the whole question is stupid.

And Trump haters will consider everything he does incompetent, whether it is or not. This whole thing breaks down along party lines, which means the whole question is stupid.

It is false that this breaks down on party lines.

Trump hating extends beyond the boundaries of the Democratic party. And the wish that Trump would get his act together reaches into the Republican party. There are a many Republicans feeling shafted now by Trump, because Trump is making them wonder how they're going to get through the next weeks and months, and they didn't vote for Trump to make it harder for them to pay their rent and buy their meds.

Chump loves dumb, stupid idiot voters.

Some Evidence:

Under normal circumstances the OP would fall under the loaded question fallacy. However I dare say at this point it is objectively true Trump is a flailing moron, and that only his core supporters are blind to it.

Which issue right now, White House Incompetence or Border Security, presents a greater danger to the United States?

What a stupid poll. Why don't you just ask if you are in Trump's corner or are anti-Trump.

What a stupid poll. Why don't you just ask if you are in Trump's corner or are anti-Trump.

So far, only two highly recognized Right Wing Nuts have characterized the Poll as stupid. Thanks for a grin!

From my perspective, Chump faces a very rough 2019.

I see a Trump orchestrated MSM narrative border security problem. Not much change from previous years. Trump is a rocket scietist compared to GW Bush, so we'll probably survive, even without or because of the lack of a Darth Cheney.
/

President Trump is a genius. He's got most of what he wanted. He's been quietly getting judges approved at a rapid pace. I hope he gets the border walls in places where they will do the most good. Nice to see a president take a campaign promise seriously.

I see a Trump orchestrated MSM narrative border security problem. Not much change from previous years. Trump is a rocket scietist compared to GW Bush, so we'll probably survive, even without or because of the lack of a Darth Cheney.
/

I think GW and Chump score within 5 points of each other on a standard IQ test... with both scoring under 120.

I also believe GW, while physically smaller, would dominate Chump in a 3-round ring match using a wrestling, boxing or MMA format. Both men turn 73 this year.

So far, only two highly recognized Right Wing Nuts have characterized the Poll as stupid. Thanks for a grin!

From my perspective, Chump faces a very rough 2019.

Of course he does! The left wing nut resistance is in full force.

Actually the poll and its two choices give us a very valuable insight on Trump himself since he has openly floated the idea of declaring an EMERGENCY because of our border security.... when there is no real crisis there. We do however have a serious crisis with a Russian asset in the White House just like Alexander Hamilton feared when they wrote the Constitution.

From federalist paper 68 in which Hamilton explained to the nation why they did not need to elect a President directly but instead trust an elite group of wiser men knows as the Electoral College to do the job and protect the nation.

Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption. These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one querter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils. How could they better gratify this, than by raising a creature of their own to the chief magistracy of the Union? But the convention have guarded against all danger of this sort, with the most provident and judicious attention.

Sadly, the Electors FAILED utterly to do this in December 2016 despite the open questions which existed even then. In fact, there is not one shred of verifiable evidence that a single electors gathering even discussed the question.

Abstained; neither of those are dangerous.

White House incompetence is far more of an issue than "border security".

White House incompetence causes problems with border security. So fix the white house and that should take care of the problem.

The National Emergency can be located in the Oval Office at 1600 Penn. Ave., Washington D.C.

Back
Top Bottom