• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

Which Party has more violent Ralliers?

• The Left

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • The Right

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Unsure/Neither

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
You're funny.

Normally I'd laugh at such a ridiculous accusation and suggest the person go read a number of my posts and threads over the years. However, this one is even easier. Just go read this ****ing thread and you'll see what kind of an ignorant statement that was.

Where did I ever mention "love and peace"?...

where did I say you did?

That's a point I brought up earlier. I don't know which said has statistically more violence, but I can name 10 peaceful con or lib rallies for every violent one on the news. It just doesn't seem like enough violence to even matter. Moreover, the violence of a few has no impact on the legitimacy of the entire group's arguments.

To be frank this is the flip side of my exact same argument in regards to the BS claims of "The Tea Party is Racist" that turned into "whose more racist the left or right".

Its people focusing on the vast minority of a group that is an insignificant factor and making it an issue for nothing but pure political points while essentially missing the forest through the trees....that the majority AREN'T what you're trying to slander them as due to the actions of a significant minority.

And these cases, be it the racism or the violence, aren't a case where the "minority" is like 49% compared to 51%. Its a case where its a rather insignificant small sample size that happens to be 1) loud 2) political advantageous to focus on 3) stupid which makes it very easy to focus in on them.

where did I say you did?

This post when responding to my comments to you as to why people may bring a gun to a rally other than for what you suggest which is to "threaten" people

bringing a gun to an angry rally, full of accusations of treason & tyranny, is a sign of love & peace???

come on now.

Unless I was mistaken, you weren't saying that to me, and you randomly decided to interject in the thread to debate with an imaginary person in your head that is making arguments no one else is making but that you feel you need to counter through typing on this fourm.

Because really those seem like the only two logical answers as to why that post was there. Either responding to my post talking to you, or apparently responding to someone that doesn't actually exist and thus you were just posting something entirely random and based on nothing into the thread for apparenlty no reason.

This post when responding to my comments to you as to why people may bring a gun to a rally other than for what you suggest which is to "threaten" people...

my comment about "love & peace" was a bit of a strawman, as clearly...bringing guns to a political rally is NOT a sign of peaceful intentions & loving emotions.

Does the right or the left roughly have more violent demonstrators?

To me the left typically has more, and naturally leftists believe conservatives have more.

Do you think there's a way to roughly estimate which groups within either side are more violent?

I think the level of "violence" is relatively equal.

my comment about "love & peace" was a bit of a strawman, as clearly...bringing guns to a political rally is NOT a sign of peaceful intentions & loving emotions.

Right, good thing no one ever suggested it was a sign of loving emotions or even "peaceful" intentions.

One can not be showing peaceful intentions while still not showing violent intentions.

One can not be showing "peace and love" and still not be showing "threatening".

All three of the examples I suggested weren't showing "peace" or "love" but they also weren't showing something intending to be intimidating or violent in nature either. The only one you could kind of argue as being that way would be someone who always carries a gun for self defense reasons and then seriously.....if anyone was walking around there that had ever had any martial arts or boxing classes, had mace or pepper spray on them, or had a knife on them then they must be violent as well because they're doing something for self defense puproses and that apparently would be "violent".

FACT: Left-wing rallies have a greater chance of violence than Right-wing rallies. However, more Left-wing politicians have been the victim of political violence than Right-wing politicians.

FACT: Left-wing rallies have a greater chance of violence than Right-wing rallies. However, more Left-wing politicians have been the victim of political violence than Right-wing politicians.

Which many times they are the target of other people on the left.

I'm unsure of the legitimacy of said fact, especially since "politicians" opens it up all the way from federal to local level and I'm pretty sure there's no concerete numbers on either of those two things. I think that should start "OPINION"

Also i should point out: the "right" and the "left" are not political parties.

Does the right or the left roughly have more violent demonstrators?

To me the left typically has more, and naturally leftists believe conservatives have more.

Do you think there's a way to roughly estimate which groups within either side are more violent?

This poll is idiotic.

Broad political parties aren't violent.

People are violent.

I'd say the left has more rebellious ralliers than the right. This obviously can lead to clashes with police who are trying to enforce laws. Does this mean the ralliers from the left are more violent? No, I don't think so... but it does put them in situations where tensions can easily rise and clashes can occur.

It makes sense for anyone to lash out either vocally or physically when they feel they are being intimidated or wronged. Whether their reasons for lashing out are justified is in the eye of the beholder.

Back
Top Bottom