• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which political entity is worst?

Which political entity is worst?

• Total voters

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, Planned Parenthood was rated positively by 45 percent of those surveyed, while 30 percent said they viewed the organization negatively.

The NRA got a positive rating from 43 percent of respondents and a negative rating from 32 percent.

How the Public Views Planned Parenthood and the NRA - NBC News

NRA revenue - $348 million
Planned Parenthood revenue - 185 million

NRA - hated by liberals, PP hated by conservatives.

Neither of them are bad or good. Hell they aren't even in the same category and are really hard to compare in any real way.

Not a very valid comparison, voted other.

Planned Parenthood may also be a political entity, but they are also a healthcare provider. You may only see an abortion provider, but they also have a primary care practice, preventative screening service for types of cancer and sexually transmitted diseases, etc.

The NRA is a political entity with the purpose of protecting the 2nd Amendment and providing training, education and marksmanship.

They both have their positive aspects, and both have their criticism rooted in political opposition (for the most part.) As such, I am not so sure anyone can really be objective enough to suggest one is "worse" than the other. When doing so, that same politics comes out as to why.

I don't see how you can validly compare a health care provider with a gun organization. Apples and oranges.

Not a very valid comparison, voted other.

Planned Parenthood may also be a political entity, but they are also a healthcare provider. You may only see an abortion provider, but they also have a primary care practice, preventative screening service for types of cancer and sexually transmitted diseases, etc.

The NRA is a political entity with the purpose of protecting the 2nd Amendment and providing training, education and marksmanship.

They both have their positive aspects, and both have their criticism rooted in political opposition (for the most part.) As such, I am not so sure anyone can really be objective enough to suggest one is "worse" than the other. When doing so, that same politics comes out as to why.

Nothing but net...

I voted for Planned Parenthood because they provide a service that directly leads to death of a non protected class group of people. The NRA is a non-discriminatory organization that provides services and education for self-preservation.

One organization is rooted in constitutional rights while another group engages in lawless discriminatory behavior.

I voted for Planned Parenthood because they provide a service that directly leads to death of a non protected class group of people. The NRA is a non-discriminatory organization that provides services and education for self-preservation.

One organization is rooted in constitutional rights while another group engages in lawless discriminatory behavior.

How hilarious this is when you advocate that it's A-OK to put people into concentration camps based purely on their religion (Muslims).

"THE CONSTITUTION! (Does not apply to people I don't like)".

How hilarious this is when you advocate that it's A-OK to put people into concentration camps based purely on their religion (Muslims).

"THE CONSTITUTION! (Does not apply to people I don't like)".

I resent the above comments;

(1) An internment camps is not a concentration camp.

(2) I support putting people in internment camps that are a threat to national security. The Muslim religion is not a religion, it is more a cult-like organization.

Let's not get into this topic in this thread.

How the Public Views Planned Parenthood and the NRA - NBC News

NRA revenue - $348 million
Planned Parenthood revenue - 185 million

NRA - hated by liberals, PP hated by conservatives.
Somehow, you managed to combine two of the forum's most fiercely contentious topics of discussion into one, posted outside the more heavily moderated specific areas where these topics usually reside, and made a poll out of it to boot!!

Good luck! :cheers:

Neither of them are bad or good. Hell they aren't even in the same category and are really hard to compare in any real way.

The amount of power they wield politically and ability to re-elect politicians?

The amount of power they wield politically and ability to re-elect politicians?

Neither group has any ability to reelect any politicians.

I always laugh when people call Planned Parenthood a healthcare provider. They kill healthy fetuses every single day and people still want to call them a healthcare provider. :lamo

I resent the above comments;

(1) An internment camps is not a concentration camp.

(2) I support putting people in internment camps that are a threat to national security. The Muslim religion is not a religion, it is more a cult-like organization.

WOW. Jetboogieman was right in his analysis. Your views are disgusting.

I always laugh when people call Planned Parenthood a healthcare provider. They kill healthy fetuses every single day and people still want to call them a healthcare provider. :lamo

Your ignorance shines like the sun.

So by your definition the only thing you do all day is defecate. Nothing else. You are a defecation machine. That's all.

Your ignorance shines like the sun.

So by your definition the only thing you do all day is defecate. Nothing else. You are a defecation machine. That's all.

So a healthcare provider can kill for any reason it feels like and be called a healthcare provider? So what, providing death is the same thing as providing healthcare?

Lol, Planned Parenthood prevents more abortions than the ones they carry out. And abortions make up about 4% of Planned Parenthood's operations to begin with.

Lol, Planned Parenthood prevents more abortions than the ones they carry out. And abortions make up about 4% of Planned Parenthood's operations.

It's actually three percent of their business, not four. Anyway, do you know how many abortions they do a day?

I am a proud financial supporter of both, so.....

It's actually three percent of their business, not four. Anyway, do you know how many abortions they do a day?
What does it matter how many abortions they do a day? We already know that they provide abortion procedures.

What does it matter how many abortions they do a day? We already know that they provide abortion procedures.

Maybe because that 3% of their business amounts to thousands of abortions a day.

So you're cool with that number?

So you're cool with that number?
I'm not 'cool' with that number perse, as I don't like the idea of a abortion. I just don't really place much of a concern over abortion at all.

I'm personally much more worried about starving children in Ghana, than I am over the unborn.

They are both organizations that advocate regarding something they are passionate about. They are equal in that regard, and in that regard they are both neither good or bad.

But, it has been quite entertaining thus far to watch the extreme partisans here try and portray their preferred one as righteous and the other as evil. :popcorn2:, indeed. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom