• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which photo of your loved ones will you choose?

mrjurrs

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
1655143074894.png

Bring it home. Make it real. These children and their teachers can not.

This is kinda weird man. Like, what is this thread even supposed to be?

I suspect he is asking of people who do not want to hear about any gun control, in a very roundabout way, whether they really believe they would take the same rigid stance if it was their world that was suddenly and pointlessly shattered rather than other peoples'.

This is kinda weird man. Like, what is this thread even supposed to be?
The impact of mass shootings doesn't really strike those that are not directly involved. Make it real for yourself. If your loved ones are killed in a mass shooting, which photo of them would you choose to use of them?

When you make it real, something that actually means something to you, I think people's attitudes about the shootings change.

The impact of mass shootings doesn't really strike those that are not directly involved. Make it real for yourself. If your loved ones are killed in a mass shooting, which photo of them would you choose to use of them?

When you make it real, something that actually means something to you, I think people's attitudes about the shootings change.
I get that and agree. But as a thread there isn't much to discuss. That's all.

I get that and agree. But as a thread there isn't much to discuss. That's all.
I agree. But self reflection can lead to deeper discussions as well. What do you think about the premise?

I agree. But self reflection can lead to deeper discussions as well. What do you think about the premise?

It's dumb as dirt, because you are focusing on an inanimate object. What's even worse is you don't even support getting rid of all guns - instead you only want state agents to have guns, even though murders committed by the public sector has historically dwarfed those committed in the private sector.

It's dumb as dirt, because you are focusing on an inanimate object. What's even worse is you don't even support getting rid of all guns - instead you only want state agents to have guns, even though murders committed by the public sector has historically dwarfed those committed in the private sector.
You know nothing jon snow.

Are they related to you?

You can show all the pictures you want and people still think murduring babies is just a fetus

View attachment 67396332
Maybe because a baby does not exist in the womb. So you are not only incorrect in your analogy, your use of Mollie Tibbets is wrong as well. She was not the victim of a mass shooting.

You wouldn't support Criminal Background Checks for motor vehicle possession, because you didn't want to inconvenience criminals. Yet we're supposed to believe this weepy shit is any sort of rational argument from you? It's political opportunism.

The one my wife picked out

You wouldn't support Criminal Background Checks for motor vehicle possession, because you didn't want to inconvenience criminals. Yet we're supposed to believe this weepy shit is any sort of rational argument from you? It's political opportunism.
It's not at all political. It is personal. Go ahead and blow it off, but in America today you are a fool if you don't believe that some bullet could strike a loved one dead today. Do you think any of the Uvalde victims loved ones didn't believe they had more time with them?

It's not at all political. It is personal. Go ahead and blow it off, but in America today you are a fool if you don't believe that some bullet could strike a loved one dead today. Do you think any of the Uvalde victims loved ones didn't believe they had more time with them?

But everyone is immune from criminal drivers.

If you aren't a criminal, associate with criminals, living in a criminal infested neighborhood, or living in a violent domestic relationship, your chance of being a homicide victim is pretty low. Kellermann established in his 1993 that it's lower than living alone or renting. According to CDC data, the firearm homicide rate for white non-Hispanic Americans, the majority of the populace, is 1.53 over the last 20 years. The automotive death rate for that same demographic is over six times higher at 13.36

If you aren't a criminal, associate with criminals, living in a criminal infested neighborhood, or living in a violent domestic relationship, your chance of being a homicide victim is pretty low. Kellermann established in his 1993 that it's lower than living alone or renting. According to CDC data, the firearm homicide rate for white non-Hispanic Americans, the majority of the populace, is 1.53 over the last 20 years. The automotive death rate for that same demographic is over six times higher at 13.36
I imagine that's what the parents in Uvalde believed.

Back
Top Bottom