• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which pending deal are you more interested in?

Which pending deal are you more excited about

• NFL deal

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Debt ceiling deal

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

Tucker Case

Matthew 16:3
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The one that ends the NFL lockout or the one that fixes the debt ceiling stuff and why?

Personally, I'm more excited about the NFL lockout being over because I think a global economic collapse would be slightly less of a disaster than a year without the NFL.

I'm also just sick to death of the bull**** political maneuvering over the debt ceiling, but that's a secondary thing.

The debt ceiling, because football doesn't effect our country anywhere close to how our federal budget does.

$14.5 trillion debt and growing... and we have a chance here to reverse that (or at least start reversing it).

I seriously hope you were being sarcastic Tucker. If not, you need to get your priorities straight. Good luck affording any NFL merch when our economy has collapsed and the dollar isn't worth squat.

I will only call this a little silly.

I would bet people know more about football than Government.

The US can burn for all I care, as long as I can always watch my Patriots I could careless. My friend reminded me that I have to cheer for Alabama in college, but still I would be empty without the NFL.

Hey Tucker, how did that Pats-Bears game go again?

I will only call this a little silly.

I would bet people know more about football than Government.

I'd say more disconcerting than anything.

I could live without football, it would piss me off to no end if my Pell Grant is compromised.

Besides my sports team is already gone and I don't really give a **** what happens to the other Atlanta teams because nothing could be worse then that.

Last edited:
The one that ends the NFL lockout or the one that fixes the debt ceiling stuff and why?

Personally, I'm more excited about the NFL lockout being over because I think a global economic collapse would be slightly less of a disaster than a year without the NFL.

I'm also just sick to death of the bull**** political maneuvering over the debt ceiling, but that's a secondary thing.

Hockey preseason is 2 months away. Football is not needed.

Hockey preseason is 2 months away. Football is not needed.

Just because the Lions fail doesn't mean it isn't needed. Even my friend who is a Bills fan needs football. A BILLS FAN.

Just because the Lions fail doesn't mean it isn't needed. Even my friend who is a Bills fan needs football. A BILLS FAN.

Hockey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Football.

No contest.

the debt ceiling. because real football is played by colleges. not nancy boys afraid to get hurt and lose a season.

Until the season starts, it's hard to say some one has failed. Football however has failed. All the money they make, and they cannot reach an agreement. **** them.

the debt ceiling. because real football is played by colleges. not nancy boys afraid to get hurt and lose a season.

Who exploit their athletes, no thank you.

Until the season starts, it's hard to say some one has failed. Football however has failed. All the money they make, and they cannot reach an agreement. **** them.

No I know. I am pissed it has taken them this long to do anything. I was surprised to see the Kraft family voted given the recent death of Mrs. Kraft.

Colleges do that without question, but it isn't like these kids aren't getting free rides or anything.

They do largely get ****ed over on a regular basis however, especially down south, where they will invite more players than they have scholarships for, bringing players to their school only to say "oops, you don't get the scholarship, there is this better guy".

They do largely get ****ed over on a regular basis however, especially down south, where they will invite more players than they have scholarships for, bringing players to their school only to say "oops, you don't get the scholarship, there is this better guy".

No I know. Happened to my friend. He was going to go play QB at Georgia and they took it from him and he had already turned down all the other schools. Thankfully the Cidatel gave him a chance. Happened here at BU with hockey and it was kind of a big deal given how much money they give the department.

Who exploit their athletes, no thank you.

poor guys, getting free college, laid by the cheerleaders, and paid under the table...... my heart really goes out to them. :roll:

Well the NFL lockout is more important to resolve. If the debt ceiling talks don't work, sure it will affect the economy, but if the NFL lockout isn't resolved my wife will know that I have Sunday's open and she will start thinking this gives her permission to plan things for me to do.

Well the NFL lockout is more important to resolve. If the debt ceiling talks don't work, sure it will affect the economy, but if the NFL lockout isn't resolved my wife will know that I have Sunday's open and she will start thinking this gives her permission to plan things for me to do.

Exactly! Thank you for being the only other person who actually gets it, Crip. That would be absolutley disasterous!

Pfffffffft whats all this about Hockey and Football.

There's only one true sport...

alg_south_africa_goal_mexico.jpg

Exactly! Thank you for being the only other person who actually gets it, Crip. That would be absolutley disasterous!

Plus, without an NFL season, I couldn't be runner up in the DP fantasy football league for a third straight year.

Back
Top Bottom