• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Which Party Is Smarter?

Simon W. Moon said:
Libertarians are prob'ly the smartest crew. But, it hasn't helped them all that much.

I know this is an old post but...

yes, definatly libertarians. between republicans and democrats, I see a lot of smart and stupid people in each group. as a whole, libertarians are much more likely to be consistent in their arguments. though I dont always agree with their values, I do respect that they tend to take them to their full conclusion.

at least, thats what i've seen.

I find it hard to tell the two parties apart sometimes quite honestly. Half the time when I vote I have to pick the candidate I loathe less. If Americans were smart they'd try to break free of this two party system.

Look at the last presidential election skull n bones vs skull n bones and people actually got upset over the results as if the two were any different.

The question isn't which party is smarter.....it's why are Americans so dumb!

Answer: The party to which you belong.

Sheesh.

How intelligent does a person have to be to realize that when posed such a question, the vast majority of people will simply choose that party or ideology they have chosen to follow, themselves, and the stronger their sense of association, the stronger their need to indulge in these silly comparisons? It's just an exercize in ego and defensiveness, and if people were really secure in their own level of intelligence they wouldn't need to resort to such ploys as to try to justifyi their own intelligence as manifest in the imagined intelligence of the political group they have chosen for themself.

Back
Top Bottom