• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Party Governs Best?

Ideology aside, do you think that:

• Total voters

Dav

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Put aside ideological issues for a moment, and consider: which party is simply the best at governance when it is in charge? Specifically, which one is more corrupt, and which more competent?

That's like asking which testicle would you like to have drop-kicked ...

Crap.

Can someone with the power to do so please change "less" to "more" in poll option #5?

Crap.

Can someone with the power to do so please change "less" to "more" in poll option #5?
Hmm ... which party are you again? :doh

Put aside ideological issues for a moment, and consider: which party is simply the best at governance when it is in charge? Specifically, which one is more corrupt, and which more competent?

The system has stagnated and both the Republicans and the Democrats are nothing more than a steaming pile of self-serving ****. Supporting the status quo will not change the status quo.

Both parties are about the same. Very little difference in my mind.

Could not answer poll. As for governing best, the only choices listed were Republicans and Democrats, otherwise known as Republicrats.

Crap.

Freudian slip?

In the terms of your poll, I don't think "competence" or corruption are partisan. I think democrats more closely match my beliefs, but that does not make them more competent.

If I had to go by the past 15-20 years, I couldn't say that either party, collectively speaking, knows their ass from a hole in the ground, and that both are riddled with self-serving corruption.

On the whole, I favor gridlock.

Both parties suck. Hey, I'll go even farther and say *ALL* parties suck, most just haven't had the ability to put their incompetence on parade like the Republicans and Democrats have. There isn't a party out there that I'd trust more, they're all bad.

I would say it would be better to ask which administrations have been more or less corrupt.

Both parties suck. Hey, I'll go even farther and say *ALL* parties suck, most just haven't had the ability to put their incompetence on parade like the Republicans and Democrats have. There isn't a party out there that I'd trust more, they're all bad.

I think thats just baggage that comes with being a a political party; corruption, incompetence, distrust, etc.

I voted "Other" because "Both have totally failed us" was not an option.

I voted "Other" because "Both have totally failed us" was not an option.

Well, maybe not totally, but just about. We still do have government, infrastructure, some education, etc. It could definitely be worse.

I'm hoping for a government so corrupt, it can't annoy me anymore. Ironically, such corruption would have a lot in common with competent governing.

Both party's suck. As a country, we have lost our way.

There is only one party, The Party of Corporate America. There are two wings of the PCA, and they market themselves to the masses in different ways. When the repubs when, corp. america rejoices as they get all the tax money for themselves and the little people get nothing. When the dems win, corporate america makes a killing and the little people get a few scraps.

"Republicans in government are more corrupt"
"Democrats in government are less corrupt"

Err...same option...were is the "Democrats in government are more corrupt"?

If you read back, the OP asked a mod to change it.

Tis a mistake.

Democrats are more competent, and not just in the sense that I agree with their policies more (although I'm sure that's part of it). I find that most Republican politicians are more likely to believe that government can't do anything right...and that reflects the attitude they take toward governance themselves, creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Corruption tends to be pretty bipartisan. If there's any variation in corruption at all, it's more incumbent-versus-minority party, as opposed to Democrat-versus-Republican.

Its alongside the, "I'm partisan" choice. All 3 of those choices are.

I think thats just baggage that comes with being a a political party; corruption, incompetence, distrust, etc.

I don't think it's the parties themselves that are the problem but our political system which is inherently corrupt and only really allows the dishonest to have any hope whatsoever at winning the vote. Anyone who actually tried to run a clean, positive campaign would never have a shot, they'd be ripped apart by the political machine.

I don't think it's the parties themselves that are the problem but our political system which is inherently corrupt and only really allows the dishonest to have any hope whatsoever at winning the vote. Anyone who actually tried to run a clean, positive campaign would never have a shot, they'd be ripped apart by the political machine.

It's not our political system that is inherently corrupt. It is politics which are inherently corrupt.

That's never gonna happen.

And both parties stink.

Speak for yourself, some of us can answer a question intellectually without personal bias.

It seems to me that the Republican party is more unified. That makes them better at governing in the same way a dictatorship is good at governing. It doesn't make it a good thing, I just think they are more effective at implementing their policies when in power. For evidence of this I would cite the events after the 2000 election.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom