• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which of you are the REAL antivaxxers?

Will you take the covid-19 vaccine if the FDA approves it

• No - not if FDA approved while Trump is president

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - if FDA approved while Trump is president

• No - not FDA if approved while Biden is president

• Yes - only if FDA approved if Biden is president

• Total voters

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Will you or will you not take the covid-19 vaccination if the FDA approves it?

Are you pro-vaccinations, anti-vaccinations or one or the other depending upon who is president?

If the latter, please explain why it matters who is president since the FDA does the approval, not the president.

If the latter is the case and it is because you hate Trump or hate Biden more than care about covid-19, if Dr. Fauci also approves of it then would you take it?

Simple question.

Last edited:

Are you pro-vaccinations, anti-vaccinations or one or the other depending upon who is president?

If the latter, please explain why it matters who is president since the FDA does the approval, not the president.

If the latter is the case and it is because you hate Trump or hate Biden more than care about covid-19, if Dr. Fauci also approves of it then would you take it?

Simple question.

I've planned to not get the Covid vaccine since before Trump endorsed it. I am glad that Trump has gotten all the lemmings to oppose it, as that drastically reduces the chances of me having to choose between my job and risking my safety.

Pro vaxx. Wont take a damn thing from the Trump admin.

:popcorn2: (I’ll be busy for a bit, this thread requires a whole lot of popcorn given the nature of the options and the obvious intention of the OP.)

Actually by the number of Trump supporters at his rallies claiming the virus is a hoax it is highly doubtful they are going to line up for a vaccine for a "hoax virus".

Simple question.

Since trump has been at war with the FDA to downplay the severity of the virus like he's tried to do, I'm comfortable if either the FDA approves it before or after his election.

I've planned to not get the Covid vaccine since before Trump endorsed it. I am glad that Trump has gotten all the lemmings to oppose it, as that drastically reduces the chances of me having to choose between my job and risking my safety.

I will not - no political consideration whatsoever. I am selective on vaccinations. Some definitely. Flu vaccine is absolutely not. Same for covid-19. Others such as tetanus - absolutely yes.

We have discussed what we will do if Biden is elected and it is ordered - with refusal making it a criminal offense to leave our house or have a job. A vaccination is being injected with a disease whatever chemicals were used during making it by whatever company makes it.

I should have added an option of does it matter whether it is made in the USA or China, shouldn't I?

Since trump has been at war with the FDA to downplay the severity of the virus like he's tried to do, I'm comfortable if either the FDA approves it before or after his election.

A very reasonable response for the non-partisan nature of it. I think it would be impossible for the President - either party - to corrupt the FDA to that extent. We dealt a lot with the FDA and it is one of the few agencies that playing politics with just doesn't work. For many, it does.

Actually by the number of Trump supporters at his rallies claiming the virus is a hoax it is highly doubtful they are going to line up for a vaccine for a "hoax virus".

The poll isn't asking what other people will do - but what you will do? I would most general antivaxxers are more like to vote for Trump since they are more into personal liberty and freedom over your own body - a right the Democratic Party tends to only give to pregnant women.

Simple question.

I'm not antivax but I don't plan on getting this one right up front. When people say that they sped it through the FDA and call a medical solution so new a Warp Speed plan I don't care for that. I would rather see or have a treatment for the thing than a vaccine. I would take the same approach with whoever is the president.

I won't know what I will do until I see the vaccine, side effects involved and how much research has been done on the vaccine involved. I may skip this one, because I am very worried that it has not had enough time to be at trial. There are multitudes of reasons that vaccines are extensively tested... will I get one once testing is properly done? Yes...likely I will...but not until then. I get the flu vaccine, I got the pneumonia vaccine as well. I have no issue with well researched vaccines or medications.

I'm not antivax but I don't plan on getting this one right up front. When people say that they sped it through the FDA and call a medical solution so new a Warp Speed plan I don't care for that. I would rather see or have a treatment for the thing than a vaccine. I would take the same approach with whoever is the president.

Fair enough. It's your life and your body.

I am not anti-vaccination but I am against mandatory vaccinations. I personally will not get the vaccine for Covid since I am extremely low risk anyway, but I wouldn't fault anybody else for choosing to get it if that's what they want to do.

I'm getting an FDA-approved vaccination as soon as I can get one and I don't see the relevance of who is president on that decision.

The poll isn't asking what other people will do - but what you will do? I would most general antivaxxers are more like to vote for Trump since they are more into personal liberty and freedom over your own body - a right the Democratic Party tends to only give to pregnant women.

If the vaccine has gone through the proper trials and is determined safe and effective I would take it. Hell yes.

But Trump has turned this all political even claiming wearing a mask indicates you are against him. His demand to speed up the vaccine trials should make anyone with an IQ over 45 leery.

Look back at some vaccines such as the polio vaccine in 1955 that contained live polio infecting many or in 1976 when a Swine Flu vaccine was reponsible for causing Guillain-Barré Syndrome in many.

Who in their right mnd would trust Trump?

I'm getting a vaccine--and voting for Trump--again.

I'm getting an FDA-approved vaccination as soon as I can get one and I don't see the relevance of who is president on that decision.
<br>
<br>
Anyone but Trump, I would agree. The criminality in his administration runs deep. I'm having similar doubts about the UK vaccine, though with Johnson I suspect it's more ****-up than conspiracy, and the medical research community is fairly robust as a whole. Some of his "medical advisers" have proved very pliable to his wishes though.

Last edited:
Anyone but Trump, I would agree. The criminality in his administration runs deep.

Are you refusing to take other FDA approved prescription drugs as long as Trump is president?

Are you refusing to take other FDA approved prescription drugs as long as Trump is president?

I see no danger in taking drugs approved by the FDA before Trump's term or where he has no political investment in their being approved.

A very reasonable response for the non-partisan nature of it. I think it would be impossible for the President - either party - to corrupt the FDA to that extent. We dealt a lot with the FDA and it is one of the few agencies that playing politics with just doesn't work. For many, it does.

the non-partisanship might soon be gone. trump just installed one of his boosters, a person with no medical background to oversee the messaging that comes from the FDA! But as long as I see trump trying to downplay the seriousness of the FDA's message, I'm comfortable they've not yet been corrupted.

Trump has launched an all-out attack on the FDA. Will its integrity survive?

WASHINGTON — President Trump has instigated an all-out crusade against the Food and Drug Administration at a critical point in the federal government’s fight against Covid-19.

Three senior FDA officials and several outside experts told STAT that Trump’s attacks threaten to permanently damage the agency’s credibility — especially when combined with a disastrous series of public misstatements on Sunday from Stephen Hahn, the cancer doctor who became FDA commissioner in December.

Beyond long-term concerns, these officials expressed a more immediate fear: that political incentives could interfere with approval decisions surrounding a Covid-19 vaccine, which Trump has repeatedly suggested could come before the Nov. 3 election. A premature approval, experts said, could further weaken Americans’ confidence in vaccine safety, especially if it appears rushed or politically motivated.

I'm in the UK so I'll take the version that gets approval here.
I'm confident the vacine producers will do a good job purely out of self interest if nothing else as if we find out they cut corners in the US at least they'll be sued into oblivion.

Guillain–Barre syndrome - Wikipedia

The above is ADULT Guillain Barre Syndrome.
The immune system attacking ones peripheral nervous system about
a weak after responding to an infection. Viral or bacterial.

Okay? You Ready?

Newborn and young children have a different
Blood Brain Barrier
Blood–brain barrier - Wikipedia

For example, the brain cancer drug adults can only receive by intracranial infusion, ala Jackie Kennedy, children can receive via IV, blood transport to brain.
The child's BBB does not respond as the adult BBB in this case.

Autism has risen with the rise of required vaccines.
Remember Hib & Pneumococcus are not 1 but over 10 each
as Polio is 3.
When I was a kid, I got Polio = 3, plus a D, a P and a T. Total = 6
Today kids routinely get over 50, stimulated immune responses!
And autism rates rise!
And stranger than strange, the elementary schools
with Chickenpox outbreaks involve vaccinated kids.
Yet the unvaccinated get punished

Post Vaccination Autism is a Pediatric Variant of GB Syndrome.
My pharmacist never agreed until child #5 of 6 changed after an MMR.

More vaccinations from my basic 6
more opportunity for brain damaged children.
And of course this reaction can occur in children with a primary, not vaccination
but nature infection.
So unvaccinated kids may go autistic too

Yes I Believe in Polio, and DPT vaccination, gov't enforced.
All else should be optional.
How about that Heb B "shot" on the day of birth. profit driven

Moi, M.D. ret.

I'm in the UK so I'll take the version that gets approval here.
I'm confident the vacine producers will do a good job purely out of self interest if nothing else as if we find out they cut corners in the US at least they'll be sued into oblivion.

The US government passed blanket immunity laws for vaccinations decades ago. They have a specific sub-agency for it that has paid a lot of money over the years, but not massive amount. No company may be sued for a vaccination. Rather, you can make a case to that agency. I don't think they've ever admitted a vaccination harm - but have paid anyway.

The greatest number of claims and indications of harm is to military personnel who, when deployed to some regions, are giving an entire cocktail of vaccinations at the same time.

Personally, from my lay investigation, the greater claim against vaccinations is not any one vaccination. It is about give people - particularly kids - a dozen or more vaccinations in the same shot. That is infecting the kid with a dozen or more diseases - since that is what most vaccines are. Do they interact with each other while in the vial? Do they mess up the immune system - triggering other effects?

So while the covid-19 vaccination may be great as a stand alone vaccination, how will it interact with other vaccinations all in the same window period? Flu, pneumonia (2 types), shingles - the list is long.

Doing sample group testing my giving them the single covid-19 vaccine may not be the same as if the person's body is also dealing with other vaccinations at the same time.

Last edited:
I'm not an 'anti-vaxxer', but I'm a 'cautious vaxxer' - meaning I generally don't do drugs or treatments unless there's a strong compelling reason. Consequently, I don't do vaccinations.

That said, Covid is a different beast than the other maladies I've seen in my life. So, I would possibly consider getting vaccinated - but only after it's been out & tested a significantly long time. Maybe a year? Or, more?

I also was concerned when it was explained - I think by Dr. Fauci - that as long as it is 50% effective that's good enough.

Since the vast majority of people infected with covid-19 show little to know symptoms AND the covid-19 tests have been proven to be anything but perfectly accurate - injecting someone with water might pass the 50% mark - for which the only real reason for testing is for negative effects, not covid-19 avoidance.

It is possible that for various reasons even some I could list, the vaccine itself may just be a placebo to get the economy and country back into full gear because the shut down is killing other people other ways - and avoiding death isn't the sole purpose of life. If the shutdown severely and permanently damages the economy - then will healthcare long into the future so suffer than ultimately there will be many, many more deaths as a result of the shutdown versus opening up and then more covid-19 deaths?

There are serious and debatable policy questions in this all and many answers are probably in shades of grey.

Back
Top Bottom