• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which of these is the most important 2020 issue to you?

Which of these is the most important 2020 issue to you?

• Advancing racial justice and/or reforming policing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Statues

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh, stop, you're gonna make me blush... ;) :lol:

Love you too, buddy, get back to it when you can. :)
It's the Canuck thing. Everybody loves Canadians! :2razz:

It's the Canuck thing. Everybody loves Canadians! :2razz:

:lamo Not everyone bud....I can think of a few folks on here who won't have me on their prayer list... :lol:

Nate, why is your avatar an elephant?

The most important issue is ALWAYS fixing the health care system. Although its problems have affected me personally for decades, I would say that even if I was always in perfect health with no pre-existing conditions. There are no excuses for the government, both at the federal and state levels, to let millions of Americans suffer and die because they can't afford what they need to get healthy, stay healthy, manage chronic conditions, etc. It is not difficult to figure out a much better health care system would have prevented all of the hospitalizations caused by COVID-19 and thousands of deaths to the disease, so it is a bigger issue than ever since the ACA was signed in 2010.

Well you won't fix healthcare if there is any way the republicans can stop it.

Get rid of Trump and the Republicans in congress and there is a chance.

Right now, managing this pandemic is probably my top political priority. It's part of my work, and I don't want my family or me to get it.

Right now, managing this pandemic is probably my top political priority. It's part of my work, and I don't want my family or me to get it.

It's also a necessary step for repairing the economy.

Nate, why is your avatar an elephant?

Damn, I almost didn't see this. :) My avatar is about balance. It is an attempt to remind myself to be disciplined in that regard. It helps me be right more often... ;)

I get the question, though...hehe... I'm Canadian, an elephant is just a big, cool animal, your American gang signs don't apply to me...lol

Economy, then (or 1b) expanding health care. Also my usual stuff that'll never happen like legalizing gambling, prostitution, weed, etc.

I chose other: keep the Left out of power.

Other...

Climate Change.

Climate change.....LOL!

Thats like number 5 million and 2 on my list of things that most concern me.

Ya got nothing else important to worry about huh?

Other...

"Our inability to field decent candidates for public office."

I would also add the total unwillingness of our two major parties to work together to solve this country's problems. Each party has their own set of problems that are far more valuable to use as a campaign tool than to solve. To solve them would take those issues off the campaign trail. Each wants to use them for their own partisan party's political advantage.

None of the problems mentioned in the op can be solved in today's modern era of polarization and ultra high partisanship. To solve them would mean working together which neither party is willing to do. Of course each party will always blame the other for this non-cooperation.

Economy, then (or 1b) expanding health care. Also my usual stuff that'll never happen like legalizing gambling, prostitution, weed, etc.

Better health care will help us solve our economic crisis.

What single issue is so important to you that Democrats certainly would destroy your sanity?
My sanity isn't threatened by Democrats in power, but my liberties certainly are.

Setting aside my many disappointments with and criticisms of the Republican Party, the Democrat Party is worse on every single issue. Not every issue that's important to me. Not every issue I can think of. Every issue.

Naturally, your mileage may vary so there's not much point in listing the issues individually. I'm certain that you're aware of the party's differences on the issues. Where you and I might disagree is the desirability of one party's policy over the other's, not on where the party's stand.

Climate change.....LOL!

That's like number 5 million and 2 on my list of things that most concern me.

You got nothing else important to worry about huh?

So you don't care about any of the harmful effects of climate change that have been happening for many years, knowing it will definitely get much worse every year and cause mass species extinctions during this decade?

My sanity isn't threatened by Democrats in power, but my liberties certainly are.

Setting aside my many disappointments with and criticisms of the Republican Party, the Democrat Party is worse on every single issue. Not every issue that's important to me. Not every issue I can think of. Every issue.

Naturally, your mileage may vary so there's not much point in listing the issues individually. I'm certain that you're aware of the party's differences on the issues. Where you and I might disagree is the desirability of one party's policy over the other's, not on where the parties stand.

I am fully aware Republicans want to take every pregnant citizen's constitutional right to have an abortion away. Republicans also want to ban civil rights for LGBT people. If you want to complain about a party threatening to take your rights away, take some time to think about how only Democrats give all people equal rights and refuse to force women to give up their rights so men can have theirs.

I am fully aware Republicans want to take every pregnant citizen's constitutional right to have an abortion away. Republicans also want to ban civil rights for LGBT people. If you want to complain about a party threatening to take your rights away, take some time to think about how only Democrats give all people equal rights and refuse to force women to give up their rights to men can have theirs.
There is no right to an abortion in the Constitution, despite what some men in black thought they saw in a particular court case. Please tell us what "civil rights" Republicans are calling for stripping from homosexual, bisexual or transgendered persons. The only equality offered by the DNC is that we're equally weak to foreign invasion, equally dependent on the goodwill of whomever is in power in Washington and equally dumb enough to hand them the keys to the kingdom.

You're not fooling anyone.

There is no right to an abortion in the Constitution, despite what some men in black thought they saw in a particular court case. Please tell us what "civil rights" Republicans are calling for stripping from homosexual, bisexual or transgendered persons. The only equality offered by the DNC is that we're equally weak to foreign invasion, equally dependent on the goodwill of whomever is in power in Washington and equally dumb enough to hand them the keys to the kingdom.

You're not fooling anyone.

If you read the abortion forum, it could not be more obvious abortion rights ARE in the Constitution.

Homosexual marriages and civil unions have always been resisted by Republicans. Ohio was totally controlled by Republicans when the legislature put this constitutional amendment issue on the ballot: Prohibit all marriages and unions that are not heterosexual. I voted against the issue. It passed.

Another one is although sexual orientation is not a legal reason to fire someone, transgenders still lack that employment protection. Democrats want to fix that. Republicans do not.

Last edited:
So you don't care about any of the harmful effects of climate change that have been happening for many years, knowing it will definitely get much worse every year and cause mass species extinctions during this decade?

I guess what you're concerned about is "man made climate change"

I've got news for you....its BS and we've got nothing to do with it and zero control over the climate....the climate on this planet is controlled by the sun...period!

The sun goes through regular hotter and colder periods and so does the earth....we are actually over due for the sun going into a period of reduced act ivy...known as a "maunder minimum"

A few hundred years ago the sun went into a solar minimum, global temperatures dropped a degree or two....crops failed all over and humans died of in huge numbers.....try googling 'little ice age"

The fact is that warmer periods have always coincided with expansion of human civilization...colder periods have always coincided with die offs of the human population......thank you but I'll take warmer any day....its better for us.

The fact is that Global temperatures have been remarkably stable in the last hundred or so years since we've been tracking them.

But the glaciers are melting you say??? SO What!!! Glaciers are vestigial remnants leftover from the last ice age....they are supposed to be melting as having glaciers and ice at the poles is not normal except during ice ages.

So you want something environmental to worry about??? Worry about something real that we can actually do something about like polluting our oceans and environment with plastic and pesticides....now that's an actual problem and one we can deal with if we have the will to do so.

Man made climate change is complete bull****!

Naturally, your mileage may vary so there's not much point in listing the issues individually. I'm certain that you're aware of the party's differences on the issues. Where you and I might disagree is the desirability of one party's policy over the other's, not on where the party's stand.

Watch out for Republicans supporting the Lincoln Project. You may feel threatened by your own party.

Lucky, it is literally impossible to truthfully deny humans both caused and worsened the planet's climate change worldwide after learning the scientifically proven facts.

Back
Top Bottom