• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which of these 2 police officers do the pro-police zealots side with?

Which of these 2 police officers do you believe the pro-police zealots side with?

• Proctor (the one who did the accosting)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander (the one who was accosted)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

neil

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Here's an incident of a police officer accosting another police officer in uniform whose offense was - wait for it - nothing: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/did-nothing-wrong-other-walking-131300303.html

5a0c6d57fcb2d3d943fc3bdd700f4915.png

This has me wondering - which of these 2 police officers do the pro-police zealots side with?

dailystruggg.jpg

I'm also curious about what forum members believe - and yes, I am asking for an opinion about this.

Both the cop and the diplomat were wrong. Maybe they were just both having bad days.

1. I would hope and expect that police officers would question someone they don't recognize walking around in a police uniform and body armor. I would also expect any well-trained police officer stopped in such a scenario to be understanding and cooperative, not cocky and disobedient.

2. Why does the Embassy of Qatar's private security service have "police" on their uniforms? That seems misleading.

3. The rest sounds like a he said / he said, so I have no view, but it sounds at least like the incident began with the police officers in the right and the Embassy of Qater "policeman" in the wrong.

There is a too-common view at the moment that if you, a member of the public, subjectively feel like you have done nothing suspicious, you don't have to follow police orders, and that is just not how it works. These incidents virtually always start with the "victim" refusing to cooperate in some manner.

Back
Top Bottom