• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which of the 7 deadly sins does Trump most embody?

Which of the 7 deadly sins does Trump most embody?

• Pride

• Greed

• Lust

• Envy

• Gluttony

• Wrath

• Sloth

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Let's have a more fun thread that won't incite heavy emotions. Sins aren't real, but provide general guidelines for what a society might find taboo, or frowned upon. Which of the 7 deadly sins does Trump most embody?

(1) vainglory, or pride
(2) greed,
(3) lust,
(4) envy
(5) gluttony
(6) wrath
(7) sloth

----

Or none in any noticeably capacity to the point where he is just an average, regular guy making mistakes. No harm no foul.

I cant decide between lust, pride, wrath and greed

Let's have a more fun thread that won't incite heavy emotions. Sins aren't real, but provide general guidelines for what a society might find taboo, or frowned upon. Which of the 7 deadly sins does Trump most embody?

(1) vainglory, or pride
(2) greed,
(3) lust,
(4) envy
(5) gluttony
(6) wrath
(7) sloth

----

Or none in any noticeably capacity to the point where he is just an average, regular guy making mistakes. No harm no foul.
WOW! When you see them all in a list like that, it's hard not to make an argument for every single one of them.
Instead of a "None" option, there should have been an "ALL" option.

1 Check
2 Check
3 Check
4 Check
5 Check
6 Check
7 Check

WOW! When you see them all in a list like that, it's hard not to make an argument for every single one of them.
Instead of a "None" option, there should have been an "ALL" option.

1 Check
2 Check
3 Check
4 Check
5 Check
6 Check
7 Check

The idea of sins is that they exist and they are bad little misdeeds. If they do exist, they can be qualified and quantified to some degree in everyone. As such, I structured the poll to reflect that.

It is low level stuff, I admit it, but we gotta remember there are dum dums in the audience.

(1) vainglory, or pride
(2) greed,
(3) lust,
(4) envy
(5) gluttony
(6) wrath
(7) sloth

----

I had to choose Pride, especially since you had vainglory next to that choice in your OP.

excessive elation or pride over one's own achievements, abilities, etc.; boastful vanity.
empty pomp or show.

I had to choose Pride, especially since you had vainglory next to that choice in your OP.

excessive elation or pride over one's own achievements, abilities, etc.; boastful vanity.
empty pomp or show.
Pride as well for me. Even accumulating money seems to be a means for him to boast about how much he has.

empty pomp or show.

See, I am not sure about pride, because Trump isn't necessarily proud. Once he is out of office, he is going to put his name on anything he still can. Endorsement money is good money in the third world, and Trump could make a living even in prison.

So with that consideration I had to take greed. If it doesn't make him richer, it doesn't matter - and that is the family value he has passed down to more polished versions of himself.

Except Tiffany. Poor girl.

Pride above all others.

(1) vainglory, or pride
(2) greed,
(3) lust,
(4) envy
(5) gluttony
(6) wrath
(7) sloth

----

How...how to just pick one? He's all of them!

But if I were forced, absolutely forced, I'd say it's a coin-flip between pride and wrath. Gonna give the underdog a vote and go with wrath.

I do not disagree that Pride is near the top, but let's be honest guys. How proud is a man that does all of this?

If you say: I'd do it for the paycheck! You do not understand the level of Pride I am talking about.

I do not disagree that Pride is near the top, but let's be honest guys. How proud is a man that does all of this?

If you say: I'd do it for the paycheck! You do not understand the level of Pride I am talking about.

One should not confuse "pride" with "dignity." If we are to understand "Pride" as believing oneself as naturally superior to everyone else and an inability to acknowledge their own faults (or indeed, believing oneself incapable of fault), a proud and vainglorious man can clearly be devoid of any sense of dignity.

Answer: Everyone.

(1) vainglory, or pride
(2) greed,
(3) lust,
(4) envy
(5) gluttony
(6) wrath
(7) sloth

----

He tags them all, but I suspect Greed is his overriding identity.

It was a toss up between Pride and Greed but I chose Pride; the reason being that his Pride is how he justifies his Greed, so there.

SlotH-The idea that Trump should do something but does not.

He wanted to "eliminate the swamp" but surrounded himself with swamp monsters to be part of his staff. Gingrich and Bolton being the standouts but Guiliani isn't far behind.

But Trump's laughable delays in tackling the tech industry really came back to bite him in a spectacularly embarrassing way.

Sin is a package deal with Donnie Peachs. Buy one, get em all.

I like your poll but it should be on Saturday night live. Something like Find-a the Pope in the Pizza or A session with Church Lady. It 's a great poll that joke writers would have the audience laughing all night. ...even "I see you chose envy..." "Jane, you ignorant slut"

I'm going with this:

1) Pride
2) Greed
3) Envy
4) [tied] Lust, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony

He absolutely exemplifies all of them though.

The idea of sins is that they exist and they are bad little misdeeds. If they do exist, they can be qualified and quantified to some degree in everyone. As such, I structured the poll to reflect that.

It is low level stuff, I admit it, but we gotta remember there are dum dums in the audience.
There is a difference between sins and the seven deadlys. Simple sins are discreet acts. The seven deadly sins are defects of character that lead to committing sins. I voted for greed. Trumps greed for money, for adulation, for power are the source of so many of his repulsive actions.

Back
Top Bottom