• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which medical supplies, procedures, etc. should be provided to anyone for free in the US?

Sure. Anyone can get a MRI if they pay for it. If you don't want to pay for a MRI and a medical professional agrees with you, it's a medical necessity.
If medical care is free then I shouldn't have to pay for it.

If medical care is free then I shouldn't have to pay for it.
If you don't have the resources you wouldn't have to. If you have the resources and you want it to be free you would have to go through medical channels, the same way the person without resources would have to.

If you don't have the resources you wouldn't have to. If you have the resources and you want it to be free you would have to go through medical channels, the same way the person without resources would have to.
What?! What good is free medical care if I can't get the care I need?

Americans always try these gatcha semantics with regards to health care.

Ours is not perfect, it has many issues.

But the American system isn’t just an issue of having to pay, it’s brutally unfair, built on greed and lacking in its purpose.

If the goal of the American healthcare system is to deliver healthcare…

Its not doing it.

It is there to milk people dry and destroy them financially.

How can anyone support such a system?

What?! What good is free medical care if I can't get the care I need?
Where did you read that? If you don't want to pay for it you would have to go through a medical practitioner. If you want the care without that, you'd have to pay.

If you want a MRI today, you can go through your medical practitioner and if deemed necessary the procedure is paid for (depending on your current medical plan). If it is deemed unnecessary, you can still get the MRI, you just have to pay for it.

Where did you read that? If you don't want to pay for it you would have to go through a medical practitioner. If you want the care without that, you'd have to pay.

If you want a MRI today, you can go through your medical practitioner and if deemed necessary the procedure is paid for (depending on your current medical plan). If it is deemed unnecessary, you can still get the MRI, you just have to pay for it.
Isn't this whole thread about what should be free?

Isn't this whole thread about what should be free?
Yes it is, and I feel pretty confident that I have laid out my position of what should be free and what shouldn't. It is not based only on medical stuff, it is partially based on capacity to pay.

Yes it is, and I feel pretty confident that I have laid out my position of what should be free and what shouldn't. It is not based only on medical stuff, it is partially based on capacity to pay.
I don't think you understand the concept of "free". If I have to pay for it then it isn't free!

If we use tax dollars then SOMEBODY is paying for the service. The only way to do this is to make all medical care completely free.
We all would be paying for single payer.

About 44% of Americans don't pay federal taxes now so I'm going to guess it won't be everyone.

About 44% of Americans don't pay federal taxes now so I'm going to guess it won't be everyone.
Those 44% dont make enough or possibly even live under the poverty line. OMG the horror that poor people aren't paying enough taxes. Maybe Fox News could organize outrage parades for the Klan and Neo-Nazi viewers to address this issue?

Those 44% dont make enough or possibly even live under the poverty line. OMG the horror that poor people aren't paying enough taxes. Maybe Fox News could organize outrage parades for the Klan and Neo-Nazi viewers to address this issue?

:rolleyes:

When President Donald Trump met with the Congressional Black Caucus in 2018, the topic of welfare reform came up. One member of the caucus told Trump that enforcing stricter rules would be detrimental to her constituents, "Not all of whom are Black," according to NBC News.

The president is said to have replied, "Really? Then what are they?" apparently assuming that a welfare recipient couldn't be white.

In fact, far more white people have benefited from US welfare programs over the years — reflecting their greater share of the population — while Black people and other people of color have been denied them in various ways, multiple historians and researchers tell Business Insider.

The coronavirus pandemic has exposed the underbelly of American inequality in many ways, with people of color disproportionately likely to be laid off, to be on the financial brink, and to die from the virus. That has helped prompt a growing chorus of financiers, business leaders, and regular folks to call for a reimagining of American capitalism and for moves to end racial inequality. Some top economists are calling for a "New New Deal" specifically targeting inequality, a platform to which the Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden seems open.

I don't know why you're typing this at me.
Post number #36. You started the discussion with your passive aggressive tactics, but it didn't end well for you so now you are complaining about it.

I would be good with an extensive list of procedures and would seek to replicate a system like is in place in Germany or Canada as a tax supported model.

Post number #36. You started the discussion with your passive aggressive tactics, but it didn't end well for you so now you are complaining about it.

You said we would "all" be paying for it and I corrected you. That's it. You, again, are imagining more words were said.

You said we would "all" be paying for it and I corrected you. That's it. You, again, are imagining more words were said.
We would all pay into it according to our income level. Obviously there are some that dont have the income to pay into it. Many of those people are already on Medicaid. How exactly would you tax the poor and destitute?

Not if it’s free. Like I said before, just take a bunch of the illegals coming across and make them health care professionals for a few years so they can become citizens.

We would all pay into it according to our income level. Obviously there are some that dont have the income to pay into it. Many of those people are already on Medicaid. How exactly would you tax the poor and destitute?

You're assuming things I've never said. Why do you do that?

Not if it’s free. Like I said before, just take a bunch of the illegals coming across and make them health care professionals for a few years so they can become citizens.
Its not free. We all pay into Medicare and Medicaid, despite the fact that there is no cost at the time of service. Do you even understand how insurance works?

JFC on a stick!

Its not free. We all pay into Medicare and Medicaid, despite the fact that there is no cost at the time of service. Do you even understand how insurance works?

JFC on a stick!
Hey! We’re talking about the magic unicorn system here. Free means free! Medicable care is a human right!!!

Hey! We’re talking about the magic unicorn system here. Free means free! Medicable care is a human right!!!
It is a human right. Do you think that judges and cops that enforce our constitutional rights also work for free?

Depends on if it's a medical necessity (some sort of professional guidance) or an over-the-counter purchase. If you can afford it you would likely just purchase it. If you couldn't afford it, you'd need some sort of prescription.
Anything over-the-counter should be paid for by the individual purchasing it as there is no way to know whether it is necessary or even helpful to that individual. Medical services, which are licensed should be paid through taxes. There is no "for free" medical care. It may be of no direct cost to the individual but everyone pays some form of taxes. If they don't, they certainly cannot afford the ridiculous high prices of licensed health care. Get insurance companies out of the picture. They have contributed mightily to the high cost. Doctors have to hire several staff members just to deal with insurance companies.

Back
Top Bottom