• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which "knee" bothers you more?

Which "knee" bothers you more?

• Kaepernick - football player at time of picture

• Chauvin - police officer at time of picture

• Both are equally bothersome

• Both, but for very different reasons

• Neither - I don't understand the question or the photos

• some moronic whataboutism that makes no sense to anyone

• other - please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Somehow, I just knew it would be you who would make a thread like this...
I'm gonna' get down on my knees and hope it's taken down where it belongs.
You can get off your knees.

POTUS wasn't. that was people on your side
epF91Ks.gif

I don't give a flying fig what you do with your knee as long as you aren't hurting someone.

Trump called Kaepernick a son of a bitch. That's about the worst personal insult I can think of. Do you agree with him, Kaepernick is a son of a bitch?
Just at a wild guess, do you think Trump will call Chauvin a son of a bitch?
Nah, my favorite insult is from the movie Major League: "How's your wife and my kids?"

What does it say about conservatives when their blood boils over Kaepernick, but have a lukewarm reaction (at best) over the Chauvin/Floyd tape?
Suppose we post an example of a black man murdering a policeman and then stage protests that all blacks are violent and must be punished? What about the blank man who shot a white child in cold blood? Where were the protests and posts how all blacks are dangerous? No? Well that is exactly what was going on in the Floyd case. So you have a cop who used excessive force on a drug addict and he died. That’s on the cop and he was prosecuted snd found guilty. The racists are the ones who want to drive these false narratives. Maybe only black cops should work in primarily black communities in order to put an end to this racial nonsense. Or maybe the race baiters can do without cops in their communities altogether.

Suppose we post an example of a black man murdering a policeman and then stage protests that all blacks are violent and must be punished?What about the blank man who shot a white child in cold blood? Where were the protests and posts how all blacks are dangerous? No? Well that is exactly what was going on in the Floyd case. So you have a cop who used excessive force on a drug addict and he died. That’s on the cop and he was prosecuted snd found guilty. The racists are the ones who want to drive these false narratives. Maybe only black cops should work in primarily black communities in order to put an end to this racial nonsense. Or maybe the race baiters can do without cops in their communities altogether.
Why would we do that again?????

Where are the race baiter communities?

so far the only false narratives are in the meltdown you just posted
😁 🍿

Well one is a picture of freedom of speech (even if it has private consequences), and the other depicts a murder in progress, so seems pretty self-explanatory.

You mean someone committing murder and someone peacefully protesting aren't equally bothersome?

How can that be?

What you reject is the reality that you choose to find as uncomfortable, because it would ruin your white-wing narrative.

You're fooling nobody but fascists and yourself. :)
I’m not sure what this babble is about because having witnessed this critical race theory that’s being peddled in schools snd the workplace ......this is more of the same. White privilege is a racist attack intended to create racial tensions. Nothing more. I’ve seen videos from college classes where black profs scream at and threaten white students who disagree. Instead of receiving a civil discussion, they will get kicked out, possibly reported to the dean and Then possibly kicked out of school. If the extreme response doesn’t occur, do you know what happens? Their grades will suffer and if she/he is really nasty, will figure out a way to flunk the student. In other cases, if the student doesn’t agree praise and promote this theory ....don’t expext to pass any classes taught by this instructor. The most successful white students must stand in front of the class and express their self hatred of their whiteness. If I am not to be believed see what happens if you speak out against this bigotry.

I’m not sure what this babble is about because having witnessed this critical race theory that’s being peddled in schools snd the workplace ......this is more of the same. White privilege is a racist attack intended to create racial tensions. Nothing more. I’ve seen videos from college classes where black profs scream at and threaten white students who disagree. Instead of receiving a civil discussion, they will get kicked out, possibly reported to the dean and Then possibly kicked out of school. If the extreme response doesn’t occur, do you know what happens? Their grades will suffer and if she/he is really nasty, will figure out a way to flunk the student. In other cases, if the student doesn’t agree praise and promote this theory ....don’t expext to pass any classes taught by this instructor. The most successful white students must stand in front of the class and express their self hatred of their whiteness. If I am not to be believed see what happens if you speak out against this bigotry.
ooooh i see now, you are looking for the conspiracy theory forum, well we have one here and its that way =========>

My right knee bothers me more.

My right has had some nasty swelling. Took a month to finally go down.
I tore mine playing indoor tennis in college. I ran for a ball and my foot landed on the fabric of a court separator. It was hard court but my leg kept going / sliding. I partially tore my ACL but the doctor said since I am not a professional athlete to leave it. I can tell when its going to rain.

Suppose we post an example of a black man murdering a policeman and then stage protests that all blacks are violent and must be punished? What about the blank man who shot a white child in cold blood? Where were the protests and posts how all blacks are dangerous? No? Well that is exactly what was going on in the Floyd case. So you have a cop who used excessive force on a drug addict and he died. That’s on the cop and he was prosecuted snd found guilty. The racists are the ones who want to drive these false narratives. Maybe only black cops should work in primarily black communities in order to put an end to this racial nonsense. Or maybe the race baiters can do without cops in their communities altogether.

I noticed you didn't answer my question. Also, I didn't bring up race in my post. We could replace Floyd with white men who were unjustifiably killed by the police (such as Kelly Thomas). Most conservatives didn't get upset over that death. But they went absolutely apeshit over what Kapernick did.

Well, if you have to twist my arm, I find a policeman slowly and torturously murdering an unarmed citizen who is no threat to him more bothersome than someone refusing to stand and showing respect for the National Anthem.
One could perhaps, depending on context of the situation, imagine kneeling when the national anthem is played to show precisely that respect.

A Matter of perspective, of course.

I noticed you didn't answer my question. Also, I didn't bring up race in my post. We could replace Floyd with white men who were unjustifiably killed by the police (such as Kelly Thomas). Most conservatives didn't get upset over that death. But they went absolutely apeshit over what Kapernick did.
You are making blanket generalizations about strangers which proves nothing but bigotry. Your attempts to weave a racist narrative is transparent. Chauvin was prosecuted snd convicted. Riots looting and inciting riots is wrong and creates division that was never there in the first place. Kapernick is a hypocrite trying to be divisive and trying to pollute sports with bogus propaganda and hatred.

You are making blanket generalizations about strangers which proves nothing but bigotry. Your attempts to weave a racist narrative is transparent. Chauvin was prosecuted snd convicted. Riots looting and inciting riots is wrong and creates division that was never there in the first place. Kapernick is a hypocrite trying to be divisive and trying to pollute sports with bogus propaganda and hatred.

The contrast between your reaction to Kapernick and Chauvin in the above post alone is transparent. Again, I said nothing in my original post about race. You did. I was talking about how conservatives react to police brutality vs how they react to people acting 'unpatriotic'. It just goes to show how twisted and polluted the conservative mind really is.

The knee that bothers me is the one that jerks.

Are you trying to suggest the George Floyd murder was simply a one-time event, and isn’t yet another in a long string of events???

America is racist. I do not accept that.

The world is racist. Does that make you feel better about it? Look at the power white majority countries have compared to minority majority countries. Proportional representation is globally way behind the US. It's something everyone is working on. There's no exceptionalism.

Racism is real. Context is global. It's a problem and not only for minorities, it holds society back in wasted potential. So, you can live in a fantasy world where racism doesn't exist but don't expect anyone to join you.

First we attain proportional representation (power and wealth) in the US, we lead, and then the world. We should embrace our role as world leader. Our diversity makes it real.

Last edited:
The world is racist. Does that make you feel better about it? Look at the power white majority countries have compared to minority majority countries. Proportional representation is globally way behind the US. It's something everyone is working on. There's no exceptionalism.

Racism is real. Context is global. It's a problem and not only for minorities, it holds society back in wasted potential. So, you can live in a fantasy world where racism doesn't exist but don't expect anyone to join you.

I didn't say it doesn't exist; just that America is not a racist country though will become that one on our current course.

Did you see Biden's spokesperson dodge the question of Biden's culpability for institutional racism through his near 50 years in Washington?

I didn't say it doesn't exist; just that America is not a racist country though will become that one on our current course.

Did you see Biden's spokesperson dodge the question of Biden's culpability for institutional racism through his near 50 years in Washington?

See addition in edit.

One could perhaps, depending on context of the situation, imagine kneeling when the national anthem is played to show precisely that respect.

A Matter of perspective, of course.
Colin K. has pretty much said he doesn’t think the US is deserving of respect so, in his case, it is not intended as a show of respect. It’s no big deal he feels that way and he has a right to his own opinion, just as everyone has a right to their opinion about his actions/message. As has been said frequently, freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom from consequences or freedom from criticism.

Back
Top Bottom