• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which joke is worse?

Which joke is worse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Basically, you're either insulting someone's mom or someone's significant other with these jokes.

Which is worse depends upon two things.

1. context

2. What you mean by "worse" (worse as in "lamer"? or worse as in "more offensive"?)

"thats what she said" can be very effective if used right.

For example, I was playing a mmorpg and some of the people in the clan were trying to decide if they wanted to "wield two smaller ones in each hand or one large on in both hands" it was a good opportunity to use that line.

With both types, it depends greatly on context.

I have found that "your mother" jokes tend towards greater "lameness" (at least the usage I've come into contact with).

I've been around for some epic "that's what she said" jokes, however.

It's all in the context.

As an example of context:

Recently, I was carpooling to work (my car, me driving), and we had passed several school buses being transported (apparently from the seller to the buyer, or perhaps manufacturer to seller...).
Upon noticing ~8-12 more buses in the same style ahead of us on the road, my passenger made the comment that it was "a pack of buses".

I immediately jumped in with "it's a school of buses!"

Funny in context, but...

You're mom jokes are too old to be effective. That's what she said can still be used if done right...

'That's what she said' jokes are invariably lame.

'Yo Mama' jokes can be hilarious, especially if you have two people who are quick on their feet (or know a lot of them) tossing them back and forth at each other.

You're mom jokes are too old to be effective. That's what she said can still be used if done right...

Your mom is too old to be effective, but she can still be used if done right.

"thats what she said" can be very effective if used right.

For example, I was playing a mmorpg and some of the people in the clan were trying to decide if they wanted to "wield two smaller ones in each hand or one large on in both hands" it was a good opportunity to use that line.

Except that you're clearly a virgin.

Both can be used very effectively, although you have to be careful with the "your momma" jokes.
I did that to a girl I went to school with, she followed it up with "my mom is dead."
She was completely serious. :thumbdown

That's the best way to kill "your momma" jokes. It's even more fun than the jokes themselves.

Both can be used very effectively, although you have to be careful with the "your momma" jokes.
I did that to a girl I went to school with, she followed it up with "my mom is dead."
She was completely serious. :thumbdown

And that's when YOU follow up with "I guess that's why she didn't move around so much."

'Yo Mama' Jokes and while they are suppose to be funny? They can be a good way to get an asskicking:)

Back
Top Bottom