• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which is worse, "crisis pregnancy centers" purposefully misleading women in order to persuade them to keep their babies, or real abortion clinics?

Which is more evil or are you neutral? Abortion clinics or pregnancy centers

• Total voters

Maidenrules29

Death to all but METAL!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What do you think?

What lies are pregnancy centers telling, and how is doing what you can to persuade someone not to end a human life evil?

What lies are pregnancy centers telling, and how is doing what you can to persuade someone not to end a human life
For purposes of poll "neutrality" I'm trying to pose the poll questions as a "devils advocate" to both sides.....knowing how passionate each side is on this debate.

By now anyone with two brain cells should have figured out that "crisis pregnancy center" is a euphemism for Right to Lifer center staffed by religious whackos.
If they haven't then they are "amateur people" and learning is anathema to them.

In other words, I can explain it to you but I can't understand or comprehend FOR you...at some point you have to do some braining, even if it is hard to brain.

What lies are pregnancy centers telling, and how is doing what you can to persuade someone not to end a human life evil?
If you do some research you will find that the pregnancy centers advertise referrals to abortion centers when they really dont, advertise contraception when they really don't, etc. I'm not saying this is good or bad, again, for purposes of the poll I'm just putting the info out there. I'm sure that some of the propaganda that is spread by say, Planned Parenthood about the abortion centers is not true, but some facts are able to be checked.....

Two sides of the same coin.

What do you think?
well i have to go with pregnancy centers BUT that's only because every one im familiar with or read about was dishonest, shady and push their own personal agenda even when the person was unwilling

now maybe there are many that dont and that would change my opinion but i haven't encountered one.
and to be shady and push an agenda is kind of the whole reason they excist to the best of my knowldge

For one I wish people on both sides of this issue would stop vandalizing the other's centers.
The pregnancy centers I'm familiar with are using force or lies to try to get women not to have an abortion. Why do abortion clinics not want to do ultrasound on the mother and let them see their babies?

The pregnancy centers I'm familiar with are using force or lies to try to get women not to have an abortion. Why do abortion clinics not want to do ultrasound on the mother and let them see their babies?
Exactly.....

Why do abortion clinics not want to do ultrasound on the mother and let them see their babies?
are mass numbers of abortion clinics denying women from seeing their ultrasounds when they want to . . link?
ones im familiar with do not

Crisis pregnancy centers. They blatantly lie to their customers.

Of course the argument of the other side is that PP centers are also in poor neighborhoods and prey upon the disadvantaged and have been responsible for "killing" millions of POC babies, especially black babies...

What do you think?

I had to chose "other."

I just looked up what they were and found two sources:

This one from Planned Parenthood:

and this one from such a "Center:"

It seems to me that the Planned Parenthood "description" does not seem to match what the Crisis Pregnancy Center clearly advertises about their services.

Now if I were to ONLY read Planned Parenthood, then I would think very negatively about such Centers.

However, if I were to read the Crisis Pregnancy Center information, I would see (in that example) nothing like what Planned Parenthood is alleging.

I have always had mixed feelings about Planned Parenthood after reading about its origins and noting many of these facilities seem to be fairly near our Black and other minority communities.

So while I support a womans right to choose up to the early part of the second trimester, I wonder why so many (38%) were Black women, and 66% were non-white females including Black women per this 2019 CDC report in Pew Research.

"In the District of Columbia and 29 states that reported racial and ethnic data on abortion to the CDC, 38% of all women who had abortions in 2019 were non-Hispanic Black, while 33% were non-Hispanic White, 21% were Hispanic, and 7% were of other races or ethnicities." https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/24/what-the-data-says-about-abortion-in-the-u-s-2/

are mass numbers of abortion clinics denying women from seeing their ultrasounds when they want to . . link?
ones im familiar with do not
I have no idea how many. I have heard that they don't do much discussing of carrying to term for adoption purposes/networking with potential adoptive parents either. Both sides seem to have an agenda. One wants to just mainly abort, with not alot of other options, making the title "PLANNED parenthood" kind of an oxymoron, and the other doesn't believe in "choice" and that all abortion is "murder" and will try bad tactics to avoid it.

I had to chose "other."

Now it seems to me that the Planned Parenthood "description" does not seem to match what the Crisis Pregnancy Center clearly advertises about their services.

Now If I were to ONLY read Planned Parenthood, then I would think very negatively about such Centers.

However, if I were to read the Crisis Pregnancy Center information, I would see (in that example) nothing like what Planned Parenthood is alleging.

I have always had mixed feelings about Planned Parenthood after reading about its origins and noting many of these facilities seem to be fairly near our Black and other minority communities.

So while I support a womans right to choose up to the early part of the second trimester, I wonder why so many (38%) were Black women, and 66% were non-white females including Black women per this 2019 CDC report in Pew Research.

"In the District of Columbia and 29 states that reported racial and ethnic data on abortion to the CDC, 38% of all women who had abortions in 2019 were non-Hispanic Black, while 33% were non-Hispanic White, 21% were Hispanic, and 7% were of other races or ethnicities." https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/24/what-the-data-says-about-abortion-in-the-u-s-2/
Some would say that PP founder Margaret Sanger was dabbling in eugenics.

Of course the argument of the other side is that PP centers are also in poor neighborhoods and prey upon the disadvantaged and have been responsible for "killing" millions of POC babies, especially black babies...

Planned Parenthood's website ends in .org, not .com. Do you know why?

Some would say that PP founder Margaret Sanger was dabbling in eugenics.

Maybe. Either way she was responding to her mom's death in childbirth after having way too many children.

I had to chose "other."

It seems to me that the Planned Parenthood "description" does not seem to match what the Crisis Pregnancy Center clearly advertises about their services.

Now if I were to ONLY read Planned Parenthood, then I would think very negatively about such Centers.

At least the "crisis pregnancy center" labels themselves as such. I think PP should change their name. No one is going there to plan on being a parent. How about "Potential crisis relief center"?

Planned Parenthood's website ends in .org, not .com. Do you know why
Without checking I'm going to guess (maybe poorly) they can have that address because they are partially supported by taxpayer funds?

I have no idea how many. I have heard that they don't do much discussing of carrying to term for adoption purposes/networking with potential adoptive parents either. Both sides seem to have an agenda. One wants to just mainly abort, with not alot of other options, making the title "PLANNED parenthood" kind of an oxymoron, and the other doesn't believe in "choice" and that all abortion is "murder" and will try bad tactics to avoid it.

you heard? LMAO

well i can only go by my experience, what i have seen and facts

in PA at one time there was 33 planned parenthoods, only 11 did abortions, SO can you explain what the vast majority of them did?
hint . . . . they ALL helped with planning parenthood, education, health care and preventing unwanted pregancy so there was no agenda with them
also the word you would be looking for is hypocrisy not an oxymoron but again neither is the case since planing parenthood is in fact what they also do

now in the history of abortion clinics im sure there were shady ones, i have no doubt about that but the reality is thats no common/the norm in anyway that im aware of

how about this
what if we look at 30 planned parenthoods and 30 pregnancy centers

honest answer how many of them do you think lie, false advertise, deny services(dont have the services the claim) and or push an agenda against the person's will?
and do you think that number is close to the same in both cases?

i would guess the ratio is probably 20 to one with PP mostly NOT doing those things, but i fully admit thats a guess but its based on i havent seen any logic to guess different

At least the "crisis pregnancy center" labels themselves as such. I think PP should change their name. No one is going there to plan on being a parent. How about "Potential crisis relief center"?
100% false LMAO
you just proved you have no idea what PP is and what they do, many people have gone there for healthcare totally planning to be a parent, good lord

Without checking I'm going to guess (maybe poorly) they can have that address because they are partially supported by taxpayer funds?

They're nonprofit, unlike some anti-choicers allege.

Back
Top Bottom