• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which is the greater threat to US and European security?

Which is the greater threat to US and European security?

• Total voters
A characteristically simple-minded response. What say we put a special tax on bigots, confiscating all their assets, and use the money for foreign aid to impoverished countries with large Muslim populations.

>>Can you read?

Yes, and more importantly I can think. Can you?

>>How do you imagine Islam spread? Defensive wars?

How did Christianity spread across North America? Prayer meetings?

>>Yes, the people who devoutly adhere to Islam want everyone to know authentic Islamic teaching, rather than a watered down version. Thank you for pointing this out.

Incomprehensible gibberish.

It is rather humorous that you, an atheist, purport to know more about Christianity and Islam than their most devout adherents.

I'm an Episcopalian. What are you? A Bigotarian?

Perhaps your understanding of the atheist would be enhanced if you admitted/knew that most of the atheists have studied (and rejected) your religious texts far more than you have before dismissing them.

Just an observation to help you out.

If we didn't allow bigots to breath, we wouldn't have to tolerate their presence.

>>Are you still having problems grasping this concept as too complicated for you to understand and you need help?

No, ignorant despicable bigotry is very easy to understand.

>>Do you let everyone who knocks on your door in or do you assess the risks based of a very cursory and superficial examination?

I sure don't judge people by their race. Like I said, I'm not a filthy, stinkin' bigot.

>>how many "refugees" live with you now?

Two. Susie and Mickey, the coonhound sisters. Rescue dogs.

>>Do you feed them?

Yes.

>>Are you paying their kids' tuitions?

They're not parents.

>>why should I as a taxpayer?

As I suggested, because we should enact a 100% confiscatory asset tax on bigots. And then deport them to the garbage patches in the Pacific.

>>Japan's policy: no immigration, no asylum. Are they all bigots? Israel accepts only Jews. Are they bigots, too?

The ones who are bigots are bigots. One day Labour will get back in power in Israel.

Interesting how it appears that you and those like you get to decide who the bigots are with no recourse and declare the "punishment" administered. Would that not make you bigots?

Interesting how it appears that you and those like you get to decide who the bigots are with no recourse and declare the "punishment" administered. Would that not make you bigots?

The leftist loons are still smart enough to know that it's impossible to prove a negative. That is why they so generously slap all these labels while fully aware that I can't prove that I am not what they claim. To make it even harder for the targets, they never define those labels. When pressed, they will tell you with straight face that blacks, by definition, cannot be racists or bigots. Only whites.

The leftist loons are still smart enough to know that it's impossible to prove a negative. That is why they so generously slap all these labels while fully aware that I can't prove that I am not what they claim. To make it even harder for the targets, they never define those labels. When pressed, they will tell you with straight face that blacks, by definition, cannot be racists or bigots. Only whites.

And yet you dodge the actual question by making an unrelated proclamation. Interesting.

I agree with almost everything you wrote except for the last sentence. They hate the US because these bastards know that the US, globally, and Israel, locally, can offer an effective and immovable obstacle in their world conquest. Europe is weak morally, politically, and militarily Europe is a joke on our dime and blood. Hence, they attacked Europe first, and, predictably, without any major resistance, just like France, Belgium, Holland and Norway in WW2. In fact, Europe, and more specifically that super moron, Merkel, is in full suicide mode. The only question that remains is, will the American voters elect an anti-Merkel, or will they join the suicidal PC crazies in Europe and elect the communist or Obama 2.0.

But. . .the REASON we present that obstacle to them is in our love for liberty and unwillingness to be subject to the will of the mullahs or the dictates of Shariah law. In other words it is our love of liberty that they hate.

In other words it is our love of liberty that they hate.

You are being way too idealistic. Why don't they attack Canada with equal determination? Or Poland? Or Latvia? Or Chile? It's because these countries are irrelevant to the process of the Islamic global conquest. For now.

You are being way too idealistic. Why don't they attack Canada with equal determination? Or Poland? Or Latvia? Or Chile? It's because these countries are irrelevant to the process of the Islamic global conquest. For now.

If you will notice, they are branching out all over Europe. If they haven't hit Poland or Latvia yet, they'll get around to it. And you've find Canada's version of homeland security also on guard and vigilant as well. Note just some of the activity in recent years:

The Islamic Terrorist Threat in Canada

If you will notice, they are branching out all over Europe. If they haven't hit Poland or Latvia yet, they'll get around to it. And you've find Canada's version of homeland security also on guard and vigilant as well. Note just some of the activity in recent years:

The Islamic Terrorist Threat in Canada

You are correct. Still, all I hear is "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" and exclusively from Muslims. Nobody else, just from these primitive Stone Age idiots. Duly noted. In response, the a-hole in the White House invites more of them. We are screwed.

Last edited:
You are correct. Still, all I hear is "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" and exclusively from Muslims. Nobody else, just from these primitive Stone Age idiots. Duly noted. In response, the a-hole in the White House invites more of them. We are screwed.

The "Death to America' or "Death to Israel' is probably due to our media focusing on that. And of course, attacks on the USA get lots of publicity so they use their successful attacks on us as recruitment propaganda. And then too, the USA provides a lot of support and security for Israel and other 'infidels' so it is possible that we would be perceived as a bigger prize. Who knows?

But you are right, naivete' re the danger posed by our elected leaders in the name of political correctness does not serve us well.

You never finished the series?

3 or 4 times now... so I decided to start buying the seasons instead. I would rack up a lot in over due fees and it was pissing me off.

[President Obama] can't stop … apologizing to every a-hole out there.

That's not true — he hasn't apologized to you, for example.

most of the atheists have studied (and rejected) your religious texts far more than you have before dismissing them.

So what if they have?

it appears that you and those like you get to decide who the bigots are with no recourse and declare the "punishment" administered. Would that not make you bigots?

Nah, just tired of bigots.

I can't prove that I am not what they claim.

Yer right, yer too busy proving that you are what we claim.

We are screwed.

You are, and deservedly so.

Perhaps your understanding of the atheist would be enhanced if you admitted/knew that most of the atheists have studied (and rejected) your religious texts far more than you have before dismissing them.

Just an observation to help you out.

Evidence? Proof? My experience is that Atheists don't know much about religion at all and claim it is false on basic philosophical principles...

That's not true — he hasn't apologized to you, for example.

So what if they have?

Nah, just tired of bigots.

Yer right, yer too busy proving that you are what we claim.

You are, and deservedly so.

I will not respond to you personal insults, as I have a rule to never arm wrestle with girls and debate mentally ill liberals. Win or lose, it feels like s***. I apologize for being redundant in the last three words of the first sentence.

Evidence? Proof? My experience is that Atheists don't know much about religion at all and claim it is false on basic philosophical principles...

If this is your "experience" then what you believe is severely flawed and you are in no way interested in the truth. To be expected from your stated beliefs.

If this is your "experience" then what you believe is severely flawed and you are in no way interested in the truth. To be expected from your stated beliefs.

And this gives me a second time to ask you... Evidence? Proof?

Based off of other "experience" debating you... I fully expect that you will debate, again, like crap.

I understand. My point was regarding Arjay's point that agnostic/atheists know more about Christianity than Christians do... as he was talking with mmi about THAT as he stated in this quote: "if you admitted/knew that most of the atheists have studied (and rejected) your religious texts far more than you have before dismissing them."

According to your source: "On questions about Christianity – including a battery of questions about the Bible – Mormons (7.9 out of 12 right on average) and white evangelical Protestants (7.3 correct on average) show the highest levels of knowledge."

I remain correct. Arjay is wrong.

In addition to the points Bodhisattva made, I'd say a number of the questions in that survey are sort of "trivial," or not at least much related to an understanding of religious texts, e.g.,
  • whose writings and actions inspired the Protestant Reformation?
  • what religion are most of the people in India, Indonesia, and Pakistan?
  • what religion was Maimonides?
  • where do Mormons believe Jesus appeared?
  • which is the king of gods in ancient Greek mythology?
I'd focus more on things like:
  • how do the ethical teachings of the major religions differ?
  • what does it mean to believe that there is a moral order/dimension/component to the universe?
  • is there life after death?
  • what is the nature of religious faith?
  • how does that differ from being a diehard Red Sox fan, and
  • is it true that Yankee fans must serve penance in Purgatory?

Back
Top Bottom