• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which group is more guilty of a coup attempt?

There is a good chance that if the laptop story wouldn't have been censored, the outcome of the 2020 election would have been different.
Maybe. That doesn't make social media moderation (or lack thereof) a coup.

No question, the Twitter scam actually worked. They convinced voters to elect the current empty suit and all the problems he came along with.
Your preposition is dangling.

It is, unfortunately for some here, a PROVEN FACT that Twitter, in concert with US government officials, suppressed any discussion of the PROVEN GENUINE Hunter laptop.
There is no disputing that.
The big social media sites, legacy news sources, Hollywood and academia are major sources of leftist propaganda.
I suppose it hurts them to lose one.
Personally, I wish they all went the way of Twitter.
There is no room for lies in a real Democracy.

It is, unfortunately for some here, a PROVEN FACT that Twitter, in concert with US government officials, suppressed any discussion of the PROVEN GENUINE Hunter laptop.
Kind of like Fox News didn't sufficiently cover the 1/6 investigations. Heck the entire media may have an agenda one way or the other. Maybe it all balances out. Nothing said here makes it a coup to report (or fail to report) important info.

Would that be the overzealous clowns that broke into the Capitol?
Or was it the suppression of information and propaganda that was pre-Elon Twitter?

No question, the Twitter scam actually worked. They convinced voters to elect the current empty suit and all the problems he came along with.

The 1/6 clowns had no chance of accomplishing anything.

Twitter lies and deceptive practices were the real coup. The real threat to democracy.
The people who tried to overthrow the government and instal Trump on Jan 6 2021

I dismiss crazy bullshit in my life, yes. Same as I do Neo-Nazis, and racists, and misogynists.

They're a lunatic if they espouse lunatic nonsense. I will not treat this lunatic nonsense as if it should have a seat at the rational table. It's not rational; it's lunacy and dangerous to our democracy.
Do you really believe that if one watches Fox News they are as bad as "Neo-Nazis, and racists, and misogynists."? I am just trying to understand all the generalizing.
I would never think that because someone watches MSNBC it follows that they are in favor of burning buildings and attacking journalists.

The big social media sites, legacy news sources, Hollywood and academia are major sources of leftist propaganda.

Dang, care to share some of this PROOF?

Would that be the overzealous clowns that broke into the Capitol?
Or was it the suppression of information and propaganda that was pre-Elon Twitter?

The 1/6 clowns had no chance of accomplishing anything.

Twitter lies and deceptive practices were the real coup. The real threat to democracy.
You know nothing jon snow.
If not for the awareness of some interns, the EC votes would have been left in the House Chamber. If more shooting had taken place, the vote would not have continued.

Yo0u honestly believe that twitter influenced 150 million American voters? Laughable.

Do you really believe that if one watches Fox News they are as bad as "Neo-Nazis, and racists, and misogynists."? I am just trying to understand all the generalizing.
I would never think that because someone watches MSNBC it follows that they are in favor of burning buildings and attacking journalists.

I believe if someone is a lunatic, they are a lunatic.

Whatever the **** you wrote here has nothing to do with what I said.

So you admit that it was the corrupt members of Trump administration that organized and incited the violence on Jan. 6th.
Yes, though Trump has never had control of the corrupt DOJ/FBI. Furthermore, Trump didn't have any control over corrupt members of Congress.

If it was the government, that means it's trump and associates.
Wrong.

There was much more to government than "trump and associates".

It was Tweety, his loyalists, the insurrectionists, and, to some extent, the so what crowd that wants to "whatever" the whole thing away.

Proving fact; no dispute, huh?

Well then you should have no trouble citing what specifically was censored, how it was censored and who in the government supposedly did so.
Not conjecture; facts. Who; what; and how.

Fortunately the some here are merely a bunch of random paranoid pensioners with no serious responsibilities at work.

Meanwhile this Trumpist starts a poll thread about whether Musk should be allowed to stop Twitter interfering despite the fact that (1) he says Musk didn't explain let alone itemize what Twitter supposedly did that he is calling "interference", (2) cannot explain what he is asking people Musk should be allowed to do:

Musk sends a single tweet and these people run to the hyperpartisan cheerleading. Every ****in' time.

As I said then:

At any rate, I don't understand how anyone engaged in this massive cheerleading respects themselves. Musk has repeatedly shit on Trump and Trumpists. He doesn't like them. But the moment Fox tells you that liberals are mad that Musk bought Twitter, he's suddenly your biggest hero. So now, all you Trumpists are imagining that he's now trying to take revenge on your behalf for the perfectly legitimate investigation into Russia's proven interference attempts.
And yet, I can't recall any DP left-lean people being mad about Musk buying Twitter. Jokes all along. I mean, I'm sure you can find a couple if you search really hard. We've got thousands here, and more broadly, there are 8 billion people on Earth. You can always find someone saying something . . .
Ah well, back to the play-acting.

The only way democracy survives is if Trumpism dies. These people don't care about anything but themselves and the thought that they have "owned the libs." Christ.

Does commie guy attempt to itemize what Twitter supposedly did and what Musk wants to do? Nah, commie guy - the guy who wants you to think he is a Big Tough Patriot - is happy to simply assume that Twitter must have done something because Fox told him liberals were mad that Musk bought Twitter, itself a moronic ****ing lie.

Fox pushes a button and they leap into battle blind. Democracy may not survive.
"Fox pushes a button and they leap into battle blind". This is a theme in many of your posts. We don't say "Mr Person only thinks what MSNBC tells him to think". I disagree with you on many things
but don't feel the need to degrade as you do. Can't you have an honest disagreement with someone?
Do you ever do anything but play victim?

I never saw you on DP until recently. And since I have seen you on DP, all I have seen you do is reply to people you consider left-lean and complain about how they're being mean to Trumpists. Stop whining and address the subject, which is not how big of a victim you all are.

Subject: What exactly is Twitter alleged to have done that is "interference" or "coup attempt", why should I conclude that Twitter actually did those things, why should I conclude that it is "interference" or a "coup attempt," and what specifically does Musk propose to do about it?

Got anything directly on point? I'm not interested in more whinging on about how I'm being mean to the "**** your feelings" crowd, which attempted to topple American democracy and basically acts like the only good liberal is one that isn't drawing breath. You can't do that for years, then demand to be treated like royalty.

PS: no, there is no way to have an "honest disagreement" about 1/6. Trumpists attempted to topple the government by killing Pence and Democrats, or at the very least stall certification long enough for Trump to find a means to steal the election, and in the process they shat everywhere, got people killed, and generally showed what they're all about.

So that was it? You just wanted to complain about how libruls are mean to Trumpists and have nothing to contribute to the subject?

::makes mental notation::

This premise of this thread has to be the dumbest of all false equivalences I've read on this board. And there have been some whoppers. Even worse than that, a false equivalence when one of the two premises being compared is a complete fabrication.

1. The "overzealous clowns" didn't engage in a coup. They were part of a riot. Furthermore, it's getting more and more obvious that the riot was engineered by corrupt members of the government.

2. The suppression of information and propaganda from Twitter was also engineered by corrupt members of the government.

So...the answer to your question about a coup is...neither. It was corrupt members of the government.
Wasn't sure it would ever happen, but we actually agree on a few things.
1) Trump and other corrupt GOP members of government definitely engineered the "riot" (I would say coup attempt however)
2) Twitter was definitely trying to suppress GOP/Trump propaganda designed to mislead GOP followers and damage true democracy.

Wrong.

There was much more to government than "trump and associates".
So when you say government you must mean the dems were behind it all? Is that what you're saying? Admit it mycroft, trump and cronies are caught.

Addressed to and in reply to no one. Another cowardly hit and run thread? Just trolling?

Well, whatever. The more insane lies and extremist crap you people throw at the wall, and the longer you do it, the more you alienate all but the extremists. Frankly, if you bleed yourselves out of power you'll save us the effort.

Have a .... night, commies guy

This premise of this thread has to be the dumbest of all false equivalences I've read on this board. And there have been some whoppers. Even worse than that, a false equivalence when one of the two premises being compared is a complete fabrication.

At this point, perhaps everyone else should encourage it. Their numbers aren't dwindling fast enough to remove the threat to democracy, but fast enough to suggest the fire is dying; never a reason to become complacent, but reassuring.

There were only about 43,000 votes in battleground states that separated Biden and Trump.
Yes, if the truth were allowed to be discussed, it may have made all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom