• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Generation Are YOU?

Which Generattion Are YOU?

• G.I./Greatest Generation, born between 1901 – 1926.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes, I knew what you meant. Just having a little fun with the imprecise language by which you described yourself.

When there are two ways of thinking about a stretch of words and one of them is so at variance with reality that only an insane person would tell you that it is true then no mistake has been made.

Kindly dont waste my time further.

You do realize that you can get this information right on DP.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/profilestats.php

Of course, its registered users versus active ones.

As you can see there are THOUSANDS of "members" listed in that chart, but the vast majority (50,000+) are either non-active or in some cases no longer members (banned).

We have a couple of hundred or so who are actively participating, and as my OP states, I am seeking info on those who ARE still actively participating.

Um, that is not what college / university is about. Is it too late to get your money back? On the other end, professors love to encourage meaningful discussion. If its completely off the wall with no support except that it came out of your head (or other places) you will get the same kind of dismissal from a PhD that you would get for unsubstantiated, off the wall arguments and propositions. Do you have a history of this?

Professors are people. They can be intolerant, wrong, pig-headed and blind, just like anyone else. If a professor has totally bought into evolutionist fake science then he will not likely be open to discussing the errors of his thinking.

We're at Post 116.

The counts are getting more mixed. With 108 voting in the poll.

3 (3%) are Silent Generation.

43 (40%) are Babyboomers

33 (31%) are Generation X.

28 (26%) are Generation Y/Millennials.

1 (1 %) is Generation Z/Boomlets.

I am pleased to see that we do have some members of the Silent Generation actively participating in the Forum. Kudos!

However, (WARNING: Personal Opinion at this point)

I also note that many of our "usual suspects" (several of the most "progressive/trolling" ;) ) and also a few other relatively active members have not voted.

Perhaps it's because of the descriptor used for "Millennials" which may have been off-putting, and for that I apologize. It is the "standard use" description meant to be tongue-in-cheek and not to be intentionally insulting. :3oops:

Still, IMO while some did not respond simply because they may have missed the poll, several have previously self-identified as falling into one of the categories between 1965 - Present.

I believe that some simply don't want this to be confirmed, because several also appear to be the most "woke" Forum participants and might prefer not to show this could have something to do with how they have been "educated/indoctrinated" during that period.

IMO that should not have been a problem if they truly believe this is actually a positive trend which should be emulated and lauded as progressive advancement. END of Personal Opinion.

lol are you "Gathomas" in "disguise"?

(forreal tho many people don't like giving their age away online and I don't think theres a problem with that).

As you can see there are THOUSANDS of "members" listed in that chart, but the vast majority (50,000+) are either non-active or in some cases no longer members (banned).

We have a couple of hundred or so who are actively participating, and as my OP states, I am seeking info on those who ARE still actively participating.

True, but sampling is sampling. What is true of your sample should be pretty close to what DP has collected.

Baby Boomer here. Parents were a WWII & Korean War veteran father & Midwest Small Town mother. Raised by my mother but mostly by my mother's parents after she divorced my father, when I was less than two years old. I never got to know him. My dad is dead, he died when I was 19. Mother is still alive but the man she remarried when I was 16 is also passed away.

Us old leftists might look stupid and then you take away our spotlight by saying something stupid. Respect your elders child.

I'm the same generation as you. I just knew when t put the bong down.

I'm a boomer baby.

5. Generation Y/ Millennials, born between 1981 – 2000. "They have been told over and over again that they are special, and they expect the world to treat them that way. They do not live to work, they prefer a more relaxed work environment with a lot of hand holding and accolades."

As a Millennial, I would say this is a accurate generalization.

I am not a Baby Boomer...I am in that tiny in between...I am a Brady Boomer....Marsha was hot.

(though at this age, Alice is looking kinda hot....)

MAGA goes well past the Greatest, and back to our roots. Yeah the Greatest look great compared to Millennials who don't seem to have a clue outside their phones. But the Welfare State and massive debt came from them.

How did they create those states from mommies basement or from school?

So what will this coming generation be called?

I was born late in '84. I suppose that makes me old for a 'millennial'.

A group of people that are characterized by being the youngest politically-active generation, and thus are often **** on for having a significant population of clueless teens/early-twenty-somethings and for being more liberal than older generations, which, unless I'm mistaken, probably has been a societal constant throughout our nation's history.

One generation doesn't understand rock and roll and the gyration of Elvis' hips. The next generation doesn't understand hard rock. The next doesn't understand anime. I wonder when I'll find myself at a point in my life where I'm complaining about 'them damned kids' and 'their X thing that I don't understand, and thus malign.'

They voted for them.

Ah...I see....so these cellphone addicted lazy idiots voted in the folks that created welfare and such, then voted everything else in to existence once they did?....Dayum, talk about power,

Ah...I see....so these cellphone addicted lazy idiots voted in the folks that created welfare and such, then voted everything else in to existence once they did?....Dayum, talk about power,

The same generation was running Congress. Are you having difficulties? And they didn't have cellphone in the 1960's when this stuff was implemented.

The same generation was running Congress. Are you having difficulties? And they didn't have cellphone in the 1960's when this stuff was implemented.

They were?....I suppose I am having difficulties with believing your BS, as I do with anything easily proven false. The Senate has 54 Republicans, 44 Democrats, and 2 Independents, who both caucus with the Democrats. The average age of Members of the House at the beginning of the 114th Congress was 57.0 years; of Senators, 61.0 years. They do not age in reverse.

They were?....I suppose I am having difficulties with believing your BS, as I do with anything easily proven false. The Senate has 54 Republicans, 44 Democrats, and 2 Independents, who both caucus with the Democrats. The average age of Members of the House at the beginning of the 114th Congress was 57.0 years; of Senators, 61.0 years. They do not age in reverse.

You've proven nothing false. You seem to also not understand which generation I'm talking about. I'm talking about the 89th Congress as one example of that generation.

You've proven nothing false. You seem to also not understand which generation I'm talking about. I'm talking about the 89th Congress as one example of that generation.

The generation in question was far too young to even vote at that time.

Back
Top Bottom