• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which do you think is potentially the bigger problem for the president?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

The Mueller report or the southern district of new york investigations?

As an outsider it is very hard to know what Mueller has.

But as a problem I believe the childish stunt he played in creating the longest government shutdown in history is going to remain with him forever. It truly caused hardship for innocent bystanders.
It is all about him, always has been.

Oh, 6 of one; half a dozen of another. Although, it's probably harder to deal with the southern district of NY investigations. He can't fire or obstruct as easily there.

I don't know if he has any capability for honesty. Pathological liars are sick people.

SDNY already has the President as an unindicted co-conspirator in an admitted crime. We know publicly that they already likely have the goods to move forward with an indictment once the President is the former President, if he has not already been indicted under seal (which would stop the clock on any statue of limitations issues).

Payoff off mistresses to influence a political campaign is just one of many, many things that might send him to jail, it just happens to be the one we have clearest indication of his proximity to the crime. This isn't even counting the assistance the Enquirer and David Pecker are giving to the SDNY.

I think the Mueller investigation will prove to expose the worse crimes though. Not just the direct obstruction and the lying, but the coordination on some level with assets of the Russian government and the Trump Organization's long, long relationship with questionable Russian, Ukrainian, and other money directly and laundering it through his real estate ventures.

Count me in for SDNY being the more immediate problem from a know indictability perspective, Mueller being the biggest problem.

the State of New York is definitely a more worrisome problem. They are decidedly unencumbered by a Dept of justice set of guidelines or a AG office decision.

To add, I don't think the Mueller report will be all that revealing. The vast, vast majority of it will have been penned in indictments, court filings, plea agreements, etc. before the report ever reaches Burr's desk, or whomever it is that ends up having the privilege of serving as Attorney General to the most criminal, most venal, President in our nation's history.

the State of New York is definitely a more worrisome problem. They are decidedly unencumbered by a Dept of justice set of guidelines or a AG office decision.

The OP was asking about Mueller versus SDNY.

The State of New York definitely adds a third wrinkle to it.

The OP was asking about Mueller versus SDNY.

The State of New York definitely adds a third wrinkle to it.

I stand corrected. SDNY is a very different kettle of fish, although my larger point still stands.

As it is extremely unlikely that Trump will ever be sentenced to prison, and no matter how heavily he could be fined for financial crimes, he’ll still be rich, I believe the greatest threat to Trump is the potential for findings in Mueller’s report to destroy the legacy he has spent decades creating for himself. Image is everything to Trump. Without that, he’s nothing.

As it is extremely unlikely that Trump will ever be sentenced to prison, and no matter how heavily he could be fined for financial crimes, he’ll still be rich, I believe the greatest threat to Trump is the potential for findings in Mueller’s report to destroy the legacy he has spent decades creating for himself. Image is everything to Trump. Without that, he’s nothing.
You'd think that someone who's image' image' is everything, might periodically try to do something to improve it. This Presidency has done nothing but kill his.

Back
Top Bottom