• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which do you like more (or despise less): Trump or Bolsonaro ?

Trump or Bolsonaro ?

• Trump

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Bolsonaro

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Here are my observations comparing Trump vs Bolsonaro:

Trump:
Born of wealth and privilege
Changes party and ideology on a dime
Built his fame as a reality show host
Gets few results with great power
When Trump gets in a pinch, he lies and obfuscates
Has questionable business dealings
His opposition to feminism is reduced to posts on Twitter
Trump annoys the left

Bolsonaro:
Built his success from scratch in the Brazilian military
Has been right-wing and anti-Communist his whole adult life
Built his fame as an advocate of the military
Got many results with little power
Is serious about defeating the left and will do whatever is necessary to make that happen
Is ethically squeaky clean
Together with his appointees, has a serious plan to break the back of feminism
Bolsonaro petrifies the hard left by putting them on notice: Leave the country or go to jail.

Last edited:

Trump:
Trump annoys the left

Bolsonaro:
Is serious about defeating the left and will do whatever is necessary to make that happen
Bolsonaro petrifies the hard left by putting them on notice: Leave the country or go to jail.

**** Mods: I seem to have muffed adding a poll. Consider this a request to delete this note and add a poll with two options: 1) Trump 2) Bolsonaro

A few more things about Bolsonaro you missed out:

He called the military dictatorship a glorious period and said the dictatorship's main problem was that it didn't kill enough citizens.

He also said the Chilean dictator Pinochet, who killed 300,000 people, should have killed more.

i'll take the none of the above option.

That is some terrified man-boy crap right there.

Trump:
Trump annoys the left

Bolsonaro:

Bolsonaro is Brazil's problem. Trump is our problem. I wish Brazil the best of luck with their experiment with a sharp turn to the right. Good luck getting him out of power if the experiment doesn't work out.

Would it have been too much to include "Both" and "Neither" options in the poll?

Bolsonaro is Brazil's problem. Trump is our problem. I wish Brazil the best of luck with their experiment with a sharp turn to the right. Good luck getting him out of power if the experiment doesn't work out.

Except for those of us who choose to move there as soon as it's financially practicable to do so. Already a weird minority, #MeToo, "Diversity", "Political Correctness" and so-called "hate speech" won't be a consideration. Imagine staring at chick's tits on the bus and smiling and all she does is smile back. The movie referenced below is realistic:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077393/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

A Dama do Lotação - The Lady on the Bus

Carlos and Solange, childhood sweethearts, marry after a chaste courtship. On their wedding night, Solange refuses to make love to him. First he pleads, then in anger he rapes her. She says she adores him, but, even after months of marriage, can't endure his touch. To prove to herself she's not frigid, she begins a daily routine of seducing strangers on public busses; she also takes Carlos's best friend to a motel. Carlos figures out that she's unfaithful and, armed, confronts Solange. Meanwhile, she seeks psychiatric help because she feels no remorse. Will there be violence and death, a psychological breakthrough, or more bus rides?

Last edited:
Which do you like more (or despise less): Trump or Bolsonaro ?
I despise Bolsonaro less than Trump, because Bolsonaro isn't the head of state for the country of which I'm a citizen and he's not a head of of a "first tier" democratically-run state.

Trump:
Trump annoys the left

Bolsonaro:
I'm not sure we know everything about Bolsonaro, and I haven't looked into it much.

At a glance based on my current info I'd say Trump is a worse person and less competent, which may mean he's less dangerous to people than Bolsonaro.

OTOH Trump is POTUS, which gives his cruel impulses and general incompetence greater impact.

Unquestionably, Trump is worse for the USA, and Bolsonaro is worse for Brazil.

But I need more info on Bolsonaro, frankly.

I don't fully trust American media, and in some areas it's far less trustworthy.

I'm not sure we know everything about Bolsonaro, and I haven't looked into it much.

At a glance based on my current info I'd say Trump is a worse person and less competent, which may mean he's less dangerous to people than Bolsonaro.

OTOH Trump is POTUS, which gives his cruel impulses and general incompetence greater impact.

Unquestionably, Trump is worse for the USA, and Bolsonaro is worse for Brazil.

But I need more info on Bolsonaro, frankly.

I don't fully trust American media, and in some areas it's far less trustworthy.

You shouldn't trust the Brazilian media either. Bolsonaro was elected via WhatsApp with almost no money.

You shouldn't trust the Brazilian media either. Bolsonaro was elected via WhatsApp with almost no money.
I wasn't clear.

When I said "in some areas it's far less trustworthy", I was referring to media in other nations.

Are you not remotely concerned that he has threatened his political opponents with jail and said Brazil's former dictatorship should have killed more citizens?

Trump:
Trump annoys the left

Bolsonaro:

They are both loathesome disgusting nazi sympathisers. Brazilians wanted change and boy they are gonna get a massive load of manure dumped on their heads. Just like Americans got.

They are both loathesome disgusting nazi sympathisers. Brazilians wanted change and boy they are gonna get a massive load of manure dumped on their heads. Just like Americans got.

Personally the Brazilian dictator needs a tree frog acupuncture treatment before he harms a single tree in the Amazon rainforest

Trump:
Trump annoys the left

Bolsonaro:

Trump has proven to be an excellent man to navigate rough political seas while still steering America in the right direction. I don't think other people or approaches would have proven to work as well.

Of course, I like President Trump better.

He has NEVER said the unkind things about certain groups that President Bolsonaro has.

You seem like someone with a rather sad life. Whether it be because of Trump or in spite of Trump, life in these United States is rather good these days. If reducing the 13.1% unemployment rate and being able to walk the street at night is manure, I'm sure Brazilians will use that manure wisely and fertilize many fields. It's your ideology that produced said crime and unemployment rates.

Trump has proven to be an excellent man to navigate rough political seas while still steering America in the right direction. I don't think other people or approaches would have proven to work as well.

Remember, up until the recent mid terms, he's had both the house and the senate playing defense for him. When you've got a bunch of 800 pound gorillas deflecting everything that comes your way, walking to the finish line is easy.

Of course, I like President Trump better.

He has NEVER said the unkind things about certain groups that President Bolsonaro has.

Trump started the 'My nation first' movement so I rank him first but Brazil's Bolsonaro, Italy's Salvini, Austria's Kurz
are all on the right track. The visgard nations of Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia who challenge
Merkel deserve mention & perhaps the one I like best is Orban of Hungary probably the leader of the Vnsgards who
had the nerve & ability to force that creep George Soros to leave Hungary!

Back
Top Bottom