• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which country has the least amount of guns?

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
NOTE: This is NOT a gun control thread.

800px-World_map_of_civilian_gun_ownership_-_2nd_color_scheme.svg.png

I was wondering which country has the least amount of guns (per capita). Wikipedia has a page. I didn't make it to the answer because I looked at the top of the list. America is #1 at 120%. There's a drastic drop to nearly half of that: 62%, Falkland Islands. Look at the last column, unregistered guns. America has an estimated 390,000,000. No other country comes close.
Screenshot_20210408-092750.png
Let's look at Canada for comparison: 35%, 10,600,000 unregistered guns.
Screenshot_20210408-092806.png

Think about that.

View attachment 67327459

I was wondering which country has the least amount of guns (per capita). Wikipedia has a page. I didn't make it to the answer because I looked at the top of the list. America is #1 at 120%. There's a drastic drop to nearly half of that: 62%, Falkland Islands. Look at the last column, unregistered guns. America has an estimated 390,000,000. No other country comes close.
View attachment 67327460
View attachment 67327461

Think about that.

I think you need to verify that source, there is no way there are that many unregistered guns, unless there is some huge smuggling going on.

View attachment 67327459

View attachment 67327460
View attachment 67327461

Think about that.

So if availability of guns makes a country safer the US should be the safest country in the world shouldn't it.

View attachment 67327459

View attachment 67327460
View attachment 67327461

Think about that.

Unregistered guns in Canada includes everything that isn't restricted. Handguns and full auto are restricted, require a restricted weapons license and need to be registered. Rifles don't need to be registered. And there's a lot of rifles in Canada.

I think you need to verify that source, there is no way there are that many unregistered guns, unless there is some huge smuggling going on.
Which guns in the USA need to be registered?

What gun smuggling?

Back
Top Bottom