• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Country has the Best Dressed Males?

ESQ-best-dressed-the-caveman-lg.jpg

Just making sure, you get some people who call Britain England. Its really annoying.

Yeah, but it's usually only annoying the first time.

Once they get out of the hospital after referring to a Scot as an Englishman, they usually learn the proper lesson.

Ahhh, it didn't show him from waist down, but I do see the sporran .....

I have no problem with Samuel Jackson in a kilt.... you wear one, and I'll be the judge. :wink:

Nah.....I'll just use that which you wimmens folks can't resist. :lol: The Italiano Style.
comeandgetitff.gif

the-italiano-0310-lg.jpg

The Italiano

Also Known As: The sprezzatura man, the American who looks vaguely European.

Dress code: Soft-shouldered tailoring, colorful accessories, driving shoes. First known sighting: Naples, Italy, early twentieth century. Recent sighting: Corner table at Cipriani. Signature accessory: Billowing pocket square. Bragging rights: Headed to South Africa for the World Cup. Cause for stress: Not really sure how soccer works. Hobby: Practicing his rolling r's. Pickup line: "Can I buy you a drrrrrrink?" On his iPod: David Bowie. In his driveway: Vespa scooter. In his closet: Two-button cotton blazer ($795) by Prada; cotton shirt ($395) by Ermenegildo Zegna; silk tie ($205) by Ermenegildo Zegna Couture; silk pocket square ($75) by Robert Talbott; cotton-and-linen trousers ($395) by Loro Piana; suede moccasins ($350) by Fratelli Rossetti; leather belt ($275) by Giorgio Armani; titanium Thoroughbred Belmont chronograph ($5,400) by David Yurman; comb by Mason Pearson.

Read more: American Men Style - How American Men Dress - Esquire
Follow us: @Esquiremag on Twitter | Esquire on Facebook
Visit us at Esquire.com

Course not in those Spumoni Colors. :2razz:

Nah.....I'll just use that which you wimmens folks can't resist. :lol: The Italiano Style.
comeandgetitff.gif

The Italiano

Also Known As: The sprezzatura man, the American who looks vaguely European.

Dress code: Soft-shouldered tailoring, colorful accessories, driving shoes. First known sighting: Naples, Italy, early twentieth century. Recent sighting: Corner table at Cipriani. Signature accessory: Billowing pocket square. Bragging rights: Headed to South Africa for the World Cup. Cause for stress: Not really sure how soccer works. Hobby: Practicing his rolling r's. Pickup line: "Can I buy you a drrrrrrink?" On his iPod: David Bowie. In his driveway: Vespa scooter. In his closet: Two-button cotton blazer ($795) by Prada; cotton shirt ($395) by Ermenegildo Zegna; silk tie ($205) by Ermenegildo Zegna Couture; silk pocket square ($75) by Robert Talbott; cotton-and-linen trousers ($395) by Loro Piana; suede moccasins ($350) by Fratelli Rossetti; leather belt ($275) by Giorgio Armani; titanium Thoroughbred Belmont chronograph ($5,400) by David Yurman; comb by Mason Pearson.

Visit us at Esquire.com

Course not in those Spumoni Colors. :2razz:

Gag.......

Italy. You have to keep in mind that if one is going to be vying for a spot around a kettle of sheep's head soup and fighting for the eye balls, you really need to have something else going for you.

Italy. You have to keep in mind that if one is going to be vying for a spot around a kettle of sheep's head soup and fighting for the eye balls, you really need to have something else going for you.

Heya HB. :2wave: Yeah, it was Italy.....with the Brits and the US coming in behind them respectively.

So which American Style fits you......did you say. :2razz:

Heya HB. :2wave: Yeah, it was Italy.....with the Brits and the US coming in behind them respectively.

So which American Style fits you......did you say. :2razz:
I haven't worn a suit in over a year. I'm strictly a jeans and tee shirt or flannel shirt guy. It's rare than I approach anything that could be characterized as stylish. More often than not I'm just over the line of "decent" in that I wear stuff until it's completely worn, with holes, tears, and spots nearly worn through. Why would I? I'm already somewhat dirty from early this morning. Another cup of coffee, and I'll probably get seriously dirty doing what I do.

:agree: I would add that it would probably be advisable to have more than one other thing going for you! :lamo:

Good morning, humbolt. :2wave:

I haven't worn a suit in over a year. I'm strictly a jeans and tee shirt or flannel shirt guy. It's rare than I approach anything that could be characterized as stylish. More often than not I'm just over the line of "decent" in that I wear stuff until it's completely worn, with holes, tears, and spots nearly worn through. Why would I? I'm already somewhat dirty from early this morning. Another cup of coffee, and I'll probably get seriously dirty doing what I do.

Ah.....the jeans and T-shirt type of guy eh. Well on the choices ya got here I guess that would put ya in the Workman Style. ;)

the-workman-0310-lg.jpg

The Workman

Also Known As: The blue-collar guy, Joe Six-Pack.

Dress code: Canvas or wool jackets, denim jeans, work boots. First known sighting: The Industrial Revolution. Recent sighting: Steel mills in Pittsburgh, artists' studios in Brooklyn. Hall of Famers: Jackson Pollock, Jack Kerouac, Jean-Michel Basquiat. Signature accessory: Rips and/or paint splashes. Bragging rights: Earned every one of those rips and paint splashes. Pickup line: "Would you like to feel my calluses?" Favorite book: The Grapes of Wrath. On his iPod: Johnny Cash. In his driveway: Vintage Ford pickup. In his closet: Two-button cotton blazer ($1,500) by Etro; cotton jacket ($425) by Woolrich Woolen Mills; cotton shirt ($98) and cotton T-shirt ($27) by J. Crew; cotton jeans ($98) by Levi's.

Visit us at Esquire.com

:2razz:

Clearly, it is Germany and if you disagree men in beautiful uniforms will arrive at your door soon.

I would add that it would probably be advisable to have more than one other thing going for you!

Good morning, humbolt.

Heya Polgara.
hat.gif
Yeah cuz the song money can't buy ya luv just didn't explain all those facts.. :lol:

th

Yes.....that redeeming one other thing.
shades.gif

Ah.....the jeans and T-shirt type of guy eh. Well on the choices ya got here I guess that would put ya in the Workman Style. ;)I confess, that's me - you nailed it. I'm even originally from Pittsburgh. The only thing is, I have never spent anywhere near that much money on my daily attire and the only thing vintage in my driveway is the gravel, unless a 1996 Dodge pickup counts.

the-workman-0310-lg.jpg

The Workman

Also Known As: The blue-collar guy, Joe Six-Pack.

Dress code: Canvas or wool jackets, denim jeans, work boots. First known sighting: The Industrial Revolution. Recent sighting: Steel mills in Pittsburgh, artists' studios in Brooklyn. Hall of Famers: Jackson Pollock, Jack Kerouac, Jean-Michel Basquiat. Signature accessory: Rips and/or paint splashes. Bragging rights: Earned every one of those rips and paint splashes. Pickup line: "Would you like to feel my calluses?" Favorite book: The Grapes of Wrath. On his iPod: Johnny Cash. In his driveway: Vintage Ford pickup. In his closet: Two-button cotton blazer ($1,500) by Etro; cotton jacket ($425) by Woolrich Woolen Mills; cotton shirt ($98) and cotton T-shirt ($27) by J. Crew; cotton jeans ($98) by Levi's.

Visit us at Esquire.com

I confess, that's me. I'm even originally from Pittsburgh. The only thing is, I have never spent anywhere near that much money on my daily attire and the only thing vintage in my driveway is the gravel, unless a 1996 Dodge pickup counts. And my haircuts are seasonal, done by a local sheep shearer. Doctor is a large animal veterinarian.

Back
Top Bottom