• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which car would you buy?

Which care would YOU buy?

• Ford C-Max Hybrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ford Fusion SE

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Ford Escape SE

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Nissan Rogue

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

tessaesque

Bring us a shrubbery!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Of the available choices, which would YOU buy? ONLY these choices, please: Ford C-Max Hybrid, Ford Fusion SE, Ford Escape SE, Nissan Rogue.

OUt of those choices, probably the fusion. My mom does have a Ford Escape, though, and it is a very nice car, and the gas mileage is decent. I've never owned a Nissan, so I can't give you any input on that one.

Of the available choices, which would YOU buy? ONLY these choices, please: Ford C-Max Hybrid, Ford Fusion SE, Ford Escape SE, Nissan Rogue.
What quality do these 4 share that made them get to your short-list? Just curious.

Pics or GTFO.

What quality do these 4 share that made them get to your short-list? Just curious.

C-Max: hybrid, gas-mileage, fiance owns one and we've loved it so far
Fusion: that's what I had (Fiona) and I loved it
Escape: Fiance had one before he bought the C-Max and we loved it. The new model has mileage comparable to the Fusion
Rogue: comes highly recommended from friends/family, decent gas mileage, right size w/right amount of storage/cargo space.

And all of 'em can be within my price range.

NM I looked.

The Ford Escape I suppose, though I'd probably have to change my name in shame for buying any Ford other than a pre-1970 Mustang or a full size truck.

I haven't driven any of them but based on the numbers and assuming you want the utility of an SUV I'd go with the Nissan.

NM I looked.

The Ford Escape I suppose, though I'd probably have to change my name in shame for buying any Ford other than a pre-1970 Mustang or a full size truck.

The Escape is essentially almost the same thing as my Honda CRV (small SUV). Same size, same general style, very similar drive. In the older models (mine is an '05) you could barely tell the two apart by just looking at them, but Honda has made a lot of changes in the newer models.

Based on your description you seem to be more leaning Nissan so go for it if that is in fact what you want.

I'd look them up on Consumer Reports and pick the one that has a big red dot next to "predicted reliability." That's what I did when I bought my Toyota Tundra, and it has given me 11 years (so far) of trouble free service. Ditto my Honda Accord and my Toyota Camry. I should have done the same with my Chevy Impala, and I never would have bought it.

Nissan rogue. Very reliable, BUT, the thing has four O2 sensors, which go out about every 40-60k miles, and they cost close to 300 each.

The Escape is essentially almost the same thing as my Honda CRV (small SUV).

No, not at all.

One is a respectable American vehicle, made by the only remaining great American automobile maker, while the other is a piece of Japanese trash. Not comparable at all.

A Subaru

• Ford C-Max Hybrid
  • Ford Fusion SE
  • Ford Escape SE
  • Nissan Rogue

I would not buy a hybrid (as neat as I think the technology is, I remain convinced that in the long run, a hybrid vehicle is just asking for much, much more trouble and maintenance cost than a more conventional vehicle—just not worth it for a slight increase in fuel efficiency), and I would not buy a piece of Japanese trash.

The two remaining choices look good to me. I intended to vote for the Fusion, but it appears that I somehow inadvertently voted for the Escape instead. I could go either way.

Last edited:

I like the Impreza "station wagon" style (looks more like a hatchback to me, but whatever), but I wasn't 100% sold. Why do you prefer the brand?

No, not at all.

One is a respectable American vehicle, made by the only remaining great American automobile maker, while the other is a piece of Japanese trash. Not comparable at all.

I love my CRV. Absolutely love it.

my folks just bought the escape. they love it, and the electronics make me jealous. i have driven it twice, and it's responsive.

the others might be great, too, but this is the one i have experience with.

Tessie, odd you should ask because I just saw earlier on CNN that the new crash tests are in, and the Nissan was the lowest performer in the bunch. It flat failed.

Something to think about.

Tessie, odd you should ask because I just saw earlier on CNN that the new crash tests are in, and the Nissan was the lowest performer in the bunch. It flat failed.

After Tuesday, that's a very good point.

You sure about that? I just checked 4 different sites and didn't see anything negative.

I like the way the Ford SUVs drive. I'm a huge Edge fan....but alas that's way out of my price range. The Escape is a good compromise.

The Ferrari ! seriously they all sound like good cars. I had a Nissan and it was great though.

Tess, I bought a 2012 Rogue about 7 months ago. I like it. It's good on gas, pretty comfy, and has a lot of bells and whistles. Has tons of storage space, too, and big enough to seat 5 people.

I'm positive. Now it may not be the same model, but Honda's Civic was the best and the Nissan was the absolute worst, even worse than the Kia.

Honda aces crash test. Kia and Nissan fail - Aug. 8, 2013

These aren't hybrids, though, but the test itself means I'd be doing a lot more research on crash tests on the model she's interested in.

OK. That particular article covered compacts but there was also a link to SUV tests and the Escape did worse than the Nissan according to the same folks - Ford Escape, Hyundai Tucson SUVs do poorly in crash test - May. 16, 2013

Back
Top Bottom