• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which candidate would you vote for?

Which candidate would you vote for?

• Candidate A

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Candidate B

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters
Candidate A speech:

"The new national government will consider it its first and supreme duty to restore our nation’s unity of will and spirit. It will safeguard and defend the foundations on which the strength of our nation rests. It will firmly protect Christianity, the basis of our entire morality; it will safeguard the family, the nucleus of our body politic and our state. It wants to base the education of our country’s youth on a reverence for our great past, on pride in our old traditions. It will thus declare war on spiritual, political, and cultural nihilism. We must not and will not become prey to anarchic Communism. In place of turbulent instincts, the government will once again make national discipline our guide. In so doing, it will consider with great care all institutions which are the true guarantors of the strength and power of our nation."

Candidate B speech:

“This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself – nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance... We do not distrust the future of essential democracy. The people of the United States have not failed. In their need they have registered a mandate that they want direct, vigorous action... They have made me the present instrument of their wishes. In the spirit of the gift, I take it.”

I'd rather vote for my cat.

Candidate A speech:

"The new national government will consider it its first and supreme duty to restore our nation’s unity of will and spirit. It will safeguard and defend the foundations on which the strength of our nation rests. It will firmly protect Christianity, the basis of our entire morality; it will safeguard the family, the nucleus of our body politic and our state. It wants to base the education of our country’s youth on a reverence for our great past, on pride in our old traditions. It will thus declare war on spiritual, political, and cultural nihilism. We must not and will not become prey to anarchic Communism. In place of turbulent instincts, the government will once again make national discipline our guide. In so doing, it will consider with great care all institutions which are the true guarantors of the strength and power of our nation."

Candidate B speech:

“This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself – nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance... We do not distrust the future of essential democracy. The people of the United States have not failed. In their need they have registered a mandate that they want direct, vigorous action... They have made me the present instrument of their wishes. In the spirit of the gift, I take it.”
Any candidate that vows to use Christianity as the basis for our morality is someone I would not vote for. Our country is not governed in any way by religion. There is no way to choose candidate B either since there is insufficient information.

Who does Tucker endorse?

Candidate A speech:

Candidate B speech:

Candidate B , merits a further look, IMO.

Personally I didn't like either speach but the new national government and Supreme duty verbiage in A made me cringe. Christianity and morality left me cold. For sure not A!

Let's see their platform

Words are cheap

Oh I’m sure idiots on both sides of the political spectrum vote based on speeches.
It wasn't a speech. He said to reporters that his party has no agenda and no plan to put one together, prefers to just oppose the Democrats and Biden agenda.

Back
Top Bottom