• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Which Bible do you believe in?

tecoyah

Illusionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
The many versions of how we have redefined scripture over the last 2000 yrs have created much confusion, as to what the intended message may very well be. I have noted sects of Christianity that avoid each other over seemingly miniscule differences in interpretation of wording. My question is a very fundamental one (which I already have my own answer to), but may shed light for those who have open minds.

Which Version of the Bible....is the actual word of God?

I personally use the New living translation...its easy to read.
I know most would argue that the King James version is the only true word of the bible because in other translations, words are replaced with words not as meaning ful or dropped all together that throws off the meaning of the sentence. I have personally gone over this, and the living one doesn't do that...and if some wording is different in otehr translations, then it is noted in a footnote.

K.J.V.
anything after this version is not up to par

For the OT I use the Tanakh and the NT I use KJV with translational corrections.

I use Today's English Version (TEV) and I also use New International Version (NIV). But as far as which is one is right? Probably the KJV. But I use the other two because they are easier for me to read. All those "thy", and "shall" words (and others of the like) get annoying after awhile.

I use the NIV bible, New International Version. I would recomend this to all, its fairly easy to read and doesn't lose much of the translation, I would know, I speak ancient Greek.

tecoyah said:
Which Version of the Bible....is the actual word of God?
I use the original Hebrew. :) The best version of them all if I do say so myself.

NewAgeTexDem said:
I use the NIV bible, New International Version. I would recomend this to all, its fairly easy to read and doesn't lose much of the translation, I would know, I speak ancient Greek.
Do you speak Hebrew?

Nope, its offered at my college but I'm in latin right now, ill probably take arabic next if I do another language so Ill have a modern one besides spanish under my belt.

NewAgeTexDem said:
Nope, its offered at my college but I'm in latin right now, ill probably take arabic next if I do another language so Ill have a modern one besides spanish under my belt.
Cool... If you're interested in learning how to at least read the Hebrew so you can check scripture, there is an on-line tutorial... Let me know if interested and I'll post the link.

Binyamin said:
Cool... If you're interested in learning how to at least read the Hebrew so you can check scripture, there is an on-line tutorial... Let me know if interested and I'll post the link.

Could I get that link, please?

I use the New International Version (NIV). But at mass we use the KJV

Back
Top Bottom