• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which best describes Biden?

Which best describes Biden?

• Smart, religious, saavy

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Senile, corrupt, flip flopper

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Too far left

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Combination of above or other

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A bit off-topic, but someone needs to tell Biden to shave those ear hairs - just, ew!

Screenshot_20200904-220813_Chrome.jpg

LMAO - Biden has been an adult since Dwight Eisenhower was president.

And a good one. Did you know there's only three years age difference between our man-child president and Joe Biden? I was born right after WWII and both are a bit older than myself. But your point is well take. Biden has been an adult since IKE, something Trump has yet to achieve. At least mentally, he still behaves like a spoiled, rotten four year old brat with his name calling and throwing of temper tantrums.

Mark my word, it won't be Trump's policies or stances on issues, it will be his obnoxious, uncouth, rude personality that defeats him. Is it too much to ask of a president that he at least acts like a president instead of a WWE wrestler in a pre-fight interview?

A good person. A kind person. An empathetic person. A person that loves this country and had a son that fought for it.

I am 44 years old. As much as I hate to admit it, 44 years is pretty good while to be on this earth. Once you hit your 40s, you have reached a point in life where you have seen a fair amount over the course of your life. I hope to see another 40 years, but my point is I have been here long enough to see a fair amount so far.

When I was born Gerald Ford was president and despite what one might have thought of his politics, he was a good man. Then Jimmy Carter was president and despite what anyone thought of his politics, he is a very good man. For what seemed like most of my childhood, Reagan was president. Again, despite what one thought of Reagan's politics, he was a good man. George Bush was then president, and by any measure, George Bush was a good man. In my high school and early adulthood years, Bill Clinton was president, and though Bill Clinton had his personal failings, namely he was a womanizer, he was capable of empathy, and did seem to care for this country and it's people. After him, George W. Bush was president. There is no doubt, that the events in the Bush years were very divisive, particularly the Iraq War, but regardless of that, George W. Bush is a good man that cared for this country, those that serve it, and tried to do what he thought was right for this country. Following him, Obama was president, coming into office during a challenging time, again his policies were often divisive, but regardless of that, Obama is a good man that cares for this country and tried to do what he thought was right for this country and the American people.

So, until Trump, I had gone my entire life with presidents leading this country that, despite whatever one thought of their politics, were all men trying to do what they thought was right for this country and having concern for the American people. They were all good men, flawed in different ways, but good men.

Trump is not a good person. He is not a good father. He is not a good husband. He is not a good friend to anyone. He is not honest. He is not hard working. He has no integrity. He has no honor. He is a narcissist that lacks any semblance of a conscience. He lacks any redeemable qualities in any aspect of his life. He is an utterly despicable human being in every respect.

Setting aside the fact we lead the world in COVID deaths. Setting aside the fact that tens of millions of Americans are out of work. Setting aside the fact that countless small businesses have failed and along with them a lifetime of the work and dreams of their owners. Setting aside that this is all entirely due to his own incompetence. The fact remains, Trump is a terrible person. Why does that not matter to you?

Well said.

And a good one. Did you know there's only three years age difference between our man-child president and Joe Biden? I was born right after WWII and both are a bit older than myself. But your point is well take. Biden has been an adult since IKE, something Trump has yet to achieve. At least mentally, he still behaves like a spoiled, rotten four year old brat with his name calling and throwing of temper tantrums.

Mark my word, it won't be Trump's policies or stances on issues, it will be his obnoxious, uncouth, rude personality that defeats him. Is it too much to ask of a president that he at least acts like a president instead of a WWE wrestler in a pre-fight interview?
Unfortunately for you... you nominated a guy who wasn't very smart even in his prime, and is now just a joke that you have to cheer everytime he says a few lines without making an idiot of himself.

Joe Biden: Why Don't We Teach History? "A Black Man Invented The Lightbulb, Not A White Guy Named Edison" | Video | RealClearPolitics

Which set of words best describes Biden?

Not bothering taking another one of your troll polls.

Patriotic :2usflag:
Intelligent
Mature
Responsible
Empathetic
Loyal
Honorable
Respected

Other.

1. He is too mentally and physically frail to be a hands-on President. (He is not able to hit the ground running after his inauguration.)

2. He is a mediocrity. He understandably likes the prestige and power of being in D.C. for forty years.

3. He is basically a moderate who has been forced to move left. His heart may not be in it, but he knows that the Dem powers-that-be expect him to defer to Ms. Harris.

4. His remarks in the past about ethnicity X are today judged "racist," but in those days, people who spoke like him were just being patronizing, not necessarily "racist."

5. In short, he fits the description of "White privilege" to a t(ee), as described by Ms. Hillary in her 2016 campaign.

Yes, they would turn out smart, business savvy, pro life, pro Constitution, anti fake news....

They would be rats; liars, thieves and sinners with no interest in knowledge or science.

LMAO - Biden has been an adult since Dwight Eisenhower was president.
When is Trump likely to become one do you suppose?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately for you... you nominated a guy who wasn't very smart even in his prime, and is now just a joke that you have to cheer everytime he says a few lines without making an idiot of himself.

Joe Biden: Why Don't We Teach History? "A Black Man Invented The Lightbulb, Not A White Guy Named Edison" | Video | RealClearPolitics

I'm just an old swing voter and military vet who got mad at Trump for his dissing of McCain and our POW's held in the Hanoi Hilton. But I couldn't vote for Hillary in 2016, so I voted third party, Johnson against both major party candidates. Biden is good enough this time around where Hillary wasn't in 2016. I wonder how many more swing voters have come to the same conclusion as I.

FYI, in 2016 actually 54% of all swing voters voted against Trump although he did win the independent vote 46-42 over Hillary with 12% voting third party, against both Trump and Clinton. That's the 42% who voted for Hillary and the 12% who voted against both adding up to 54%. I wonder how many of those 12% who disliked both Trump and Hillary in 2016, knowing they still disliked Trump have come to the conclusion Biden is the adult in the room vs. the man-child with his raunchy personality? I guess we'll find out in November.

Not bothering taking another one of your troll polls.

Patriotic :2usflag:
Intelligent
Mature
Responsible
Empathetic
Loyal
Honorable
Respected

Ha ha .

Literally LOL

Another victim of fake news

Guess that Kool aid tastes pretty good..regardless of how things end when ingested

Other.

1. He is too mentally and physically frail to be a hands-on President. (He is not able to hit the ground running after his inauguration.)

2. He is a mediocrity. He understandably likes the prestige and power of being in D.C. for forty years.

3. He is basically a moderate who has been forced to move left. His heart may not be in it, but he knows that the Dem powers-that-be expect him to defer to Ms. Harris.

4. His remarks in the past about ethnicity X are today judged "racist," but in those days, people who spoke like him were just being patronizing, not necessarily "racist."

5. In short, he fits the description of "White privilege" to a t(ee), as described by Ms. Hillary in her 2016 campaign.

In other words

Train wreck

Lovers of America will have none of it

I'm just an old swing voter and military vet who got mad at Trump for his dissing of McCain and our POW's held in the Hanoi Hilton. But I couldn't vote for Hillary in 2016, so I voted third party, Johnson against both major party candidates. Biden is good enough this time around where Hillary wasn't in 2016. I wonder how many more swing voters have come to the same conclusion as I.

FYI, in 2016 actually 54% of all swing voters voted against Trump although he did win the independent vote 46-42 over Hillary with 12% voting third party, against both Trump and Clinton. That's the 42% who voted for Hillary and the 12% who voted against both adding up to 54%. I wonder how many of those 12% who disliked both Trump and Hillary in 2016, knowing they still disliked Trump have come to the conclusion Biden is the adult in the room vs. the man-child with his raunchy personality? I guess we'll find out in November.

Makes zero sense voting 3rd party

May as well not bother voting.

Could hav weeded the garden instead

Makes zero sense voting 3rd party

May as well not bother voting.

Could hav weeded the garden instead

It makes all the sense in the world if you really dislike the two major party candidates. You don't want neither one to win. The only way to accomplish that is to vote for someone other than either of the two major party candidates. True, it's a very long shot. You probably stand a better chance of getting hit by lightening three times in one day and winning back to back the power ball and the mega millions lottery.

It also give you a way to officially registered you profound dislike of both major party candidate while having a direct say in all the down ballot offices and measures. The fact 9 million people choose to vote for someone they knew that never had a chance to win shows you how much disliked and distrusted both major party candidates were in 2016. Fact is only 36% of all Americans viewed Trump favorably, 60% viewed him unfavorably while 38% of all Americans had a positive or favorable view of Hillary Clinton, 56% unfavorably.

Neither one was wanted by a majority of Americans to become this nation's next president. I officially registered that sentiment in my vote along with 6% of other Americans and 12% of swing voters, the non-affiliated, the less to non-partisan independents.

To compare that 6% to 2012 when 1.5% voted third party, 2008 when 1.2% did and in 2004 when an even 1.0% did. Here's the list of all major party candidates favorable/unfavorable's since Eisenhower. Look to see who is at the bottom. The most disliked, Trump was one lucky SOB to be matched up against Hillary Clinton, all the rest would have trounced him to include Barry Goldwater.

Highest to lowest favorable/unfavorable ratings of each major party presidential candidate.
Favorable/unfavorable
1956 Eisenhower 84/12%
1964 LBJ 81/13%
1976 Carter 81/16%
1960 JFK 80/14%
1960 Nixon 79/16%
1968 Nixon 79/22%
1976 Ford 79/20%
1972 Nixon 76/21%
1968 Humphrey 72/28%
1984 Reagan 70/30%
1980 Carter 68/32%
1984 Mondale 66/34%
1980 Reagan 64/31%
1992 Bill Clinton 64/33%
2008 Obama 62/35%
2012 Obama 62/37%
1956 Stevenson 61/31%
2004 G.W. Bush 61/39%
2008 McCain 60/35%
1992 G.H.W. Bush 59/40%
2000 G.W. Bush 58/38%
2004 Kerry 57/40%
1996 Bill Clinton 56/42%
1988 G.H.W. Bush 56/39%
2000 Gore 55/43%
2012 Romney 55/43%
1972 McGovern 55/41%
1996 Dole 54/45%
1988 Dukakis 50/45%
1964 Goldwater 43/47%
2016 Hillary Clinton 38/56%
2016 Donald Trump 36/60%

It depends a lot on how much Biden is allowed out of the basement. He's really not fit to be President, I'm still surprised that out of 30 candidates, that who was selected - though I think there was a very heavy DNC thumb on the scale post-SC.

Most "swing voters" or "moderates" are people who don't know much about politics, or are single-issue voters. They tend to vote left, which is of course why Democrats are so keen to send ballots out unrequested.

It depends a lot on how much Biden is allowed out of the basement. He's really not fit to be President, I'm still surprised that out of 30 candidates, that who was selected - though I think there was a very heavy DNC thumb on the scale post-SC.

Most "swing voters" or "moderates" are people who don't know much about politics, or are single-issue voters. They tend to vote left, which is of course why Democrats are so keen to send ballots out unrequested.

Most swing voters, moderates, independents if you will swing back and forth. Perhaps that is why they're called swing voters. Here's their history from 2006 through 2018. House of representatives and the presidency since only 1/3rd of the senate is up for reelection in any given election. I left the senate out.

2006 House, independents voted Democratic by a margin of 57-39 over Republicans with 4% voting third party.

2008 independents voted for Obama by a 52-44 margin over McCain. Independents voted 52-45 for Democratic congressional candidates.

2010 independents voted 56-37 for the Republican House candidates over Democratic congressional candidates with 7% voting third party.

2012 independents voted for Romney by a 51-48 margin. Independents voted 50-49 for Republican congressional candidates.

2014 independents voted 54-42 for Republican congressional candidates.

2016 Independents voted for Trump 46-42 with 12% voting third party. In congressional election independents voted Republican 51-47.

2018 Independents voted for the Democratic congressional candidates by a 54-42 margin with 4% voting third party.

So you can see independents, swing voters, the non-affiliated, moderates if you will swinging back and forth. I say you're correct in the fact independents don't follow politics much. They certainly aren't political junkies like us on this site. But I think they make up their mind based on their likes/dislikes of the candidates and or party, their perspectives and whether or not they're angry at the party in power.

Most swing voters, moderates, independents if you will swing back and forth. Perhaps that is why they're called swing voters. Here's their history from 2006 through 2018. House of representatives and the presidency since only 1/3rd of the senate is up for reelection in any given election. I left the senate out.

2006 House, independents voted Democratic by a margin of 57-39 over Republicans with 4% voting third party.

2008 independents voted for Obama by a 52-44 margin over McCain. Independents voted 52-45 for Democratic congressional candidates.

2010 independents voted 56-37 for the Republican House candidates over Democratic congressional candidates with 7% voting third party.

2012 independents voted for Romney by a 51-48 margin. Independents voted 50-49 for Republican congressional candidates.

2014 independents voted 54-42 for Republican congressional candidates.

2016 Independents voted for Trump 46-42 with 12% voting third party. In congressional election independents voted Republican 51-47.

2018 Independents voted for the Democratic congressional candidates by a 54-42 margin with 4% voting third party.

So you can see independents, swing voters, the non-affiliated, moderates if you will swinging back and forth. I say you're correct in the fact independents don't follow politics much. They certainly aren't political junkies like us on this site. But I think they make up their mind based on their likes/dislikes of the candidates and or party, their perspectives and whether or not they're angry at the party in power.
Independents and moderates are not the same thing. Lots of people reliably vote left or right, but call themselves "independents" because they don't like to be affiliated with a party label. The "independent" ranks ebb and flow based on how popular a party is at the time.

As I said before, people who describe themselves as "moderates" tend to be more left wing:

"unlike independents, moderates are more likely to be Democrats. The average moderate in the Voter Study Group data is solidly center-left on both economic and immigration issues."
The Moderate Middle Is A Myth | FiveThirtyEight

Back
Top Bottom