• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Are American Rights?

Which of These are Sovereign American Rights

• Total voters
Oh, how nice to see such an un-typical conservative response.

"No government until I need it, and no empathy unless I've experienced it."

If you have issues with a conservative response that boils down to his skepticism of creating something from nothing - that's worrying in many different ways.

This should be rich.

Indeed. Especially given the actual nature of what a right is.

To answer the question, only the rights which the American Government is willing to enforce. New car? Sure if they'll enforce it. The right to smack down my enemies with extreme prejudice? If they'll enforce it.

Indeed. Especially given the actual nature of what a right is.

To answer the question, only the rights which the American Government is willing to enforce. New car? Sure if they'll enforce it. The right to smack down my enemies with extreme prejudice? If they'll enforce it.

I would think more along the lines of "what rights we want them to enforce that they are willing to give us to get us to stop bothering them".

How is it that you have a right to expect me to provide you with food?

I do not mind helping the poor out, but when I can watch MTV and see a millionaire rapper continue to get food stamps it is time to toss-out the system and start anew. Like regular drug tests for anyone on government assistance. This would free-up probably 75% of Welfare and Foodstamp enrollment.

Here is a little quiz to test your political aptitude.

Which of these ten items are sovereign American rights?

Vote for all that apply. Do not vote for those that don't. Read and vote carefully.

Your score will be a point for each right you vote for and each wrong you don't vote for. A perfect score is 10.

I will let this run for several weeks and announce the correct rights and the highest scorers later.

Which of the poll's ten items are sovereign American rights? This is multiple choice. Vote for all that apply.

IMHO most important right is for good health insurance. It's terrible that every fifth american live without an insurance.

IMHO most important right is for good health insurance. It's terrible that every fifth american live without an insurance.
Everyone, at present, has the right to health insurance. Everyone.
What they do not have is the right to have someone else pay for it.
NO one has the right to have someone else pay for his ability to exercise his rights.

Amazing, isn't it, how the Kool-Aid drinkers swallow everything so easily?

Who...just WHO are the great majority of those without health insurance?

Why, people between 20 and 30, who, for the most part, don't need it, anyway.

Oh, gee, and if they choose to not buy the stuff, they shouldn't be included in any pity-stats trying to manipulate the feelings of those drinking the Messianic Kool-Aid, should they?

Also, since I flat out do not care if they have health insurance or not, and since it's flat out forbidden by the Constitution for the Congress to use my money to buy them health insurance, why is the Constitution being violated and my money stolen to provide them with this magical stuff? Just because too many people are stupid enough to drink the Red Kool-Aid?

Of course they do in the U.S.A.

Learn the distiction between "rights", which are limits on what the government can do to a person, and "entitlements", which are presents the government gives to certain voter blocks by stealing money from others.

Amazing, isn't it, how the Kool-Aid drinkers swallow everything so easily?

Who...just WHO are the great majority of those without health insurance?

Why, people between 20 and 30, who, for the most part, don't need it, anyway.

Oh, gee, and if they choose to not buy the stuff, they shouldn't be included in any pity-stats trying to manipulate the feelings of those drinking the Messianic Kool-Aid, should they?

Also, since I flat out do not care if they have health insurance or not, and since it's flat out forbidden by the Constitution for the Congress to use my money to buy them health insurance, why is the Constitution being violated and my money stolen to provide them with this magical stuff? Just because too many people are stupid enough to drink the Red Kool-Aid?

Why not grape Kool-Aid?

The word "Sovereign" in the poll is a Ron Paul way of putting it.
By definition, a sovereign has a right to anything and everything.

This isn't even remotely true. The actual number of American citizens without health insurance is closer to 10%. Even that number includes a lot of people who could have insurance if they bothered to sign up for it.

This isn't even remotely true. The actual number of American citizens without health insurance is closer to 10%. Even that number includes a lot of people who could have insurance if they bothered to sign up for it.

Emphasis mine.

I'm curious: I'm not aware of any factually accurate way of keeping precice track of how many people are living in the United States, much less who is unemployed, so how do we know this number?

Emphasis mine.

I'm curious: I'm not aware of any factually accurate way of keeping precice track of how many people are living in the United States, much less who is unemployed, so how do we know this number?

It's based on government statistics, which are about as accurate as you're going to get. Even the government acknowledges that a large percentage of the ~42 million people without insurance are either

-Illegal immigrants,
-Wealthy enough to afford insurance,
-Able to be covered by a family member's plan, or
-Eligible for state insurance

Here is a little quiz to test your political aptitude.

Which of these ten items are sovereign American rights?

Vote for all that apply. Do not vote for those that don't. Read and vote carefully.

Your score will be a point for each right you vote for and each wrong you don't vote for. A perfect score is 10.

I will let this run for several weeks and announce the correct rights and the highest scorers later.

Which of the poll's ten items are sovereign American rights? This is multiple choice. Vote for all that apply.

Trial by Jury (if accused)
Own and Keep Weapons
Travel
Own and Use Property (not necessarily own it but if you can afford it you can acquire it and once you own it that right is unalienable save through just cause and due process, but still requires compensation of equal or greater value from the state if they enact eminent domain).

But I think some of them listed but not in the bill of rights or articles of the Constitution, should also be rights but that would require a Constitutional Convention which has not occurred for sometime.

Last edited:
I chose the bottom five including the Right to run a business since I assume one either owns it or is employed by the owner of it. And there is no good reason for the government to interfere with that barring an abuse of an office trust.

I'm willing to stipulate that the government believes that, but there's absolutely no way to verify that.

Fine then I'm going to claim that 100% of Americans have health insurance so prove me wrong. If government statistics don't mean anything then all these claims about so and so % of Americans being uninsured doesn't mean anything either.

Back
Top Bottom