• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where's The Racism?

If I told you that I don't ever want to work/live near/have my kid date a black person, but that I don't think they are inferior to blacks, would you think it's fair to call me a racist?

You don’t think black people are inferior to black people?

If you meant to say white people, I’d say you were a liar! Your statement is an oxymoron!

I don't think you can have such a strict definition for racism. By that definition, "separate but equal" was in no way racist because we weren't declaring blacks inferior.

Well, liars and biased dishonest folks like to stretch the definitions of lots of words, if they think it will dishonestly fit their biases and agenda and fools will buy the crap.

And beyond just the "is it racist" aspect of this, is it something you'd ever want your president saying? If Trump wanted to say that the judge is biased against him, there's a thousand ways to say that that don't involve "Look! He's Mexican! I'm building a wall and he's Mexican ok?"

The judge’s ethnic heritage is directly relevant to his bias favoring illegal immigrants and thereby a perfectly acceptable and relevant accusation and in no way racist.

As far as Trump’s abilities to be President, I wouldn’t vote for him on a bet, but then again I wouldn’t vote for Hillary either.

I don't think Trump has a deep seated hatred of Mexicans or blacks, but do I think he's shiesty enough to use the hatred that some people do have for political gain? **** yes. And it's pretty damn despicable.

Well, I don’t find Trump’s statement in this particular case out of bounds or racist and that’s the theme of this thread.

Trump has said plenty of things that suggest some races are better than others. He announced his campaign by saying Mexico is sending rapists to America. He retweets white supremacists. He has the support of David Duke and white supmremacists.

None of which proves he's a racist. Get back when you can present a Trump statement that quotes him as saying one race is inferior to another and then you'll have a relevant rational argument. Trump is a narcissists and an idiot, but nobody has ever proven he's a racist, but we see and hear a lot of uninformed dishonest accusations of such from biased dishonest people who think the word "Mexican" is a dirty word that Mexicans should be ashamed of and upset when somebody identifies them as Mexicans. Who's the real racist?

You don’t think black people are inferior to black people?

If you meant to say white people, I’d say you were a liar! Your statement is an oxymoron!
No it's not. And you dodged the question, which is exactly proving my point. You're using an stupid definition of racist.

As much as I despise Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, I must say that Trump’s remarks about the judge in his “Trump U” trial, leaves me to say that the anti-Trumpsters, both the Democrats and Republicans who are calling those remarks racist, should consider explaining how simply mentioning somebody’s ethnic heritage equates to racism.

Racism is the belief that one race of people are superior to other races of people or one or some races are inferior to other/an other races/race of people.

Nothing Trump said in his rant about the judge indicated that he considered Mexicans inferior to anybody. He simply was pointing out that because he, (Trump), because he says he will build a wall to keep illegal Mexicans out of America, the judge being of Mexican heritage was handing down biased negative rulings against Trump in the trial.

Where’s the “racism?”

LOL So you don't think a "biased" Judge is inferior to a non-biased one? Like Paul Ryan said Trumps comments were the textbook definition of racism. I do hand it to Trump for breaching the "partisan divide" though. It takes a lot to do that.

ask Paul Ryan, he is the one that called Trump racist.

How about somebody calling Paul Ryan what he is? How about an "establishment RINO NEOCON?" That accusation is way, way more provable than proving Trump is a racist.

The judge’s ethnic heritage is directly relevant to his bias favoring illegal immigrants and thereby a perfectly acceptable and relevant accusation and in no way racist.

The same way a judges white heritage is directly relevant to his bias against blacks and favoring whites making all white judges unfit to try black people and is in no way racist. In fact all black defendants that were tried under a white judge should be immediately released.

Last edited:
How about somebody calling Paul Ryan what he is? How about an "establishment RINO NEOCON?" That accusation is way, way more provable than proving Trump is a racist.

I doubt it, but I am curious about Ryan. Please prove he is an 'establishment RINO NEOCON'.

Prop 8 was about a gay issue. A judge with a vested interest in the outcome of one of his cases, as was the case with Walker, should NOT be presiding over the case.

In this situation, the judge of Mexican descent is presiding over a case about Trump University, and not about anything to do with Mexicans. There is zero conflict of interest and there is zero reason to believe a Federal judge can't do his job presiding over a case where he has absolutely no interest in the outcome.

It is shocking that you don't understand the difference.

The issue is whether there is a potential for a conflict of interest. Trump has made no bones about his willingness to deport millions of "Mexicans" back to Mexico. Just like Prop 8 was about limiting gays from the ability to marry. The fact that you can't make a connection to two entirely different issues having the exact same potential for a conflict of interest is equally shocking. ;)

Tim-

The issue is whether there is a potential for a conflict of interest. Trump has made no bones about his willingness to deport millions of "Mexicans" back to Mexico. Just like Prop 8 was about limiting gays from the ability to marry. The fact that you can't make a connection to two entirely different issues having the exact same potential for a conflict of interest is equally shocking. ;)

Tim-

Trump can't deport this "Mexican" to Mexico because the "Mexican" judge is as American as you and I are. So there is absolutely no conflict of interest for this judge. He's presiding over a case involving Trump's failed educational venture, not deportation and not Mexicans.

do you think david duke is a racist, because he also claims not to be one.... Just like your doing for trump

This thread isn't about David Duke, it's about the accusation that Donald Trump is a racist because he accuses a judge of "BIAS" because he's, (the judge), of Mexican heritage and Trump is proposing the building of a wall to prevent illegal Mexican immigration into the United States.

This thread challenges Trump's accusers of him being a racist to present their evidence relative to that particular issue and explain how and why the name "Mexican" becomes a racist term and how and why the accusation by Trump toward the judge makes him a racist since he's only accusing the judge of being "biased" and in no way has Trump indicated that he believes that the judge or Mexicans are racially inferior to anybody.

I doubt it, but I am curious about Ryan. Please prove he is an 'establishment RINO NEOCON'.

This thread isn't about Paul Ryan and your attempt to change the subject is understandable since you have no valid evidence to prove Trump is a racist relative to Trump's statement about the judge presiding over the Trump U case.

If you believe Paul Ryan isn't an establishment RINO NEOCON, then tout his agenda and talents that prove otherwise in your own thread and I'll take up the subject therewith.

This thread isn't about David Duke, it's about the accusation that Donald Trump is a racist because he accuses a judge of "BIAS" because he's, (the judge), of Mexican heritage and Trump is proposing the building of a wall to prevent illegal Mexican immigration into the United States.

This thread challenges Trump's accusers of him being a racist to present their evidence relative to that particular issue and explain how and why the name "Mexican" becomes a racist term and how and why the accusation by Trump toward the judge makes him a racist since he's only accusing the judge of being "biased" and in no way has Trump indicated that he believes that the judge or Mexicans are racially inferior to anybody.

cant you just deny he's racist no matter what?

No it's not. And you dodged the question, which is exactly proving my point. You're using an stupid definition of racist.

I repeat, your original statement is an oxymoron. To claim every conceivable racial bias toward blacks as you own, then claim you don't believe that blacks are an inferior race, would simply make you an undeniable liar.

So, that being reveled for the straw-man it is, the challenge remains. Present any part of Trump's statement accusing the judge of bias that even indicates that Trump is indicating or saying he believes the judge's Mexican heritage or Mexicans in general are an inferior race of people.

Then you can explain what part of the dictionary definition of "RACISM" I posted is "stupid."

cant you just deny he's racist no matter what?

NO! I don't know if he is a racist or not. In my world people are innocent until proven guilty of something. I have yet to see a Trump statement that proves he's a racist. Furthermore, I despise Donald Trump. I think he's an egotistical self-promoting crony capitalist, narrcissists and probably a felon for bribing public officials. That being said, there's still no evidence that he's a racist.

BTW, Hillary Clinton is also a felon and an incompetent.

NO! I don't know if he is a racist or not. In my world people are innocent until proven guilty of something. I have yet to see a Trump statement that proves he's a racist. Furthermore, I despise Donald Trump. I think he's an egotistical self-promoting crony capitalist, narrcissists and probably a felon for bribing public officials. That being said, there's still no evidence that he's a racist.

BTW, Hillary Clinton is also a felon and an incompetent.

why do you care?

why do you care?

Because I always care about people being falsely accused of something that there's no evidence of their guilt, I'm wired that way and it makes no difference to me what else I may think one way or the other about anything else the accused may be or have done aside from the issue I'm debating.

Because I always care about people being falsely accused of something that there's no evidence of their guilt, I'm wired that way and it makes no difference to me what else I may think one way or the other about anything else the accused may be or have done aside from the issue I'm debating.

but why this specifically?.... its not illegal to be a racist

As much as I despise Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, I must say that Trump’s remarks about the judge in his “Trump U” trial, leaves me to say that the anti-Trumpsters, both the Democrats and Republicans who are calling those remarks racist, should consider explaining how simply mentioning somebody’s ethnic heritage equates to racism.

Racism is the belief that one race of people are superior to other races of people or one or some races are inferior to other/an other races/race of people.

Nothing Trump said in his rant about the judge indicated that he considered Mexicans inferior to anybody. He simply was pointing out that because he, (Trump), because he says he will build a wall to keep illegal Mexicans out of America, the judge being of Mexican heritage was handing down biased negative rulings against Trump in the trial.

Where’s the “racism?”

Simple, in the tiny mind of most liberals ! :lamo

whats so wrong with being racist?

Ask a flaming liberal , who knows , it's a label they love to throw out when they have nothing of value to say and happen to be losing an argument . :lamo

Back
Top Bottom