• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Where?

Pacridge said:
Really? I was looking the other day and found a flight from PDX to ANC R/T for 299. Alaska Air I think. Could have been America West though I fly them a lot.

Do you do the the Travelocity search?

Usually orbitz...is travelocity that much better?

jallman said:
Usually orbitz...is travelocity that much better?

Haven't used Orbitz in some time so don't know they may be fine. I started using Travelocity because they let you do a search based on lowest fare over several months. You can input- I want to go to "X" from "X"... willing to travel over these three months...tell me when the airfare is lowest.

Try priceline. We can get a % of the proceeds.

Priceline

If you can see the left bar - there is a link available there as well.

vauge said:
Try priceline. We can get a % of the proceeds.

Priceline

If you can see the left bar - there is a link available there as well.

he11 yeah...you know me, I am aaaaalll about generating extra revenue to pay for the event.

jallman said:
he11 yeah...you know me, I am aaaaalll about generating extra revenue to pay for the event.
It's not much, like 1 or 2%. But, that is what I will be using.

Same flights dates/time

DFW -> BMI (round trip)

Priceline: $223
Travelocity: $223
Expedia: $223

interesting...

vauge said:
Same flights dates/time

DFW -> BMI (round trip)

Priceline: $223
Travelocity: $223
Expedia: $223

interesting...
Go with the cheapest!!!!....:2wave:

Pacridge said:
I'm not sure that's true. I live in Oregon. I can fly from Portland, Or to New York for 199 R/T (Jet Blue 21 day advance.) I just checked on Orbitz and a flight on the dates to Cheyenne would run me nearly 600 R/T.

Sorry. I forgot that others are more likely to fly than drive-- and the airport here just doesn't connect with the airlines properly.

Hell, even our bus station is unaffiliated with Greyhound.

I say Kansas City, Missouri. Its smack in the center of the country. Its big enough to have plenty to do, yet not so big that its overly expensive. Other than that, maybe Memphis, Tennessee (fun town if you like to drink). Both KC and Memphis have the best barbecue in the nation hands down. Other than those cities, Denver or Minneapolis would be good choices as well.

Pacridge said:
I've always wanted to do NYC. But really I'm up to anywhere. I think cost should be a major consideration.

I live there so obviously I'd prefer it to most other places.

Back
Top Bottom