• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where would you seek asylum?

Where would you seek asylum?

• Cuba

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Paraguay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uruguay

• Brazil

• Argentina

• Chile

• Peru

• Dominican Republic

• Mexico

• Venezuela

• Total voters

Etoner

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If you were Edward Snowden, where in Latin America would you seek permanent political asylum?

I would go to Mexico so I could be close to the USA and get visitors easily.

Plus Mexico is a very large country with lots of cool places to see and surf.

Brazil. I'd pick the largest geographical country that way if you are marooned in only one country you aren't stuck in a tiny zone and you could still actually take a road trip.

Brazil. I'd pick the largest geographical country that way if you are marooned in only one country you are stuck in a tiny zone.

I was going to say Brazil but they seem to be heading to hell recently.

If they were more stable I'd agree.

Is Venezuela promising roles in major films and vacations in Cuba?

I would seek the protection of the Catholic Church. They apparently have an awesome underground railroad that makes people unfindable.

I was going to say Brazil but they seem to be heading to hell recently.

If they were more stable I'd agree.

They are doing fine. Best economy in the Western Hemisphere pretty much. It's just growing pains and people learning how to adapt to the growth.

I would seek the protection of the Catholic Church. They apparently have an awesome underground railroad that makes people unfindable.

effing hilarious.

Venezuela or Cuba

I'd go anywhere that would take me because at that point I wouldn't have the luxury of being picky.

Cuba. For the food. Oh, and the music. Oh, and hot young Cuban men. Yeah, and I could take up smoking good cigars.

So yeah, Cuba.

I don's see it on the list but Rarotonga seems like a nice place to be exiled to.

Belize no language barrier.

Well my choice is not even on the list. I would stay in Hong Kong or Main-Land China. Great women, and a up-coming economy.
Many of those on the list is in various states of dis-array, good for vacationing to enjoy a change of pace, but after a few months that may get old.

For example ...in Cuba ..with cars from the 50's compared to Hong Kong watching the latest movies and even getting better I-phones than we have here in the US. Depending on your personality this would be a major issue.

Cuba. For the food. Oh, and the music. Oh, and hot young Cuban men. Yeah, and I could take up smoking good cigars.

So yeah, Cuba.

Smoking Cuban cigars and hot young Cuban men?

;)

The only place I could seek asylum is on the other side of Eternity.

Well my choice is not even on the list. I would stay in Hong Kong or Main-Land China. Great women, and a up-coming economy.
Many of those on the list is in various states of dis-array, good for vacationing to enjoy a change of pace, but after a few months that may get old.

For example ...in Cuba ..with cars from the 50's compared to Hong Kong watching the latest movies and even getting better I-phones than we have here in the US. Depending on your personality this would be a major issue.

Heya TFY. :2wave: Yeah I would have to agree with you. Maybe even Vietnam. Both Hong Kong and China would be good. Macao as well.

If I had to chose out of the Latin Countries. I would go with Mexico. Land mass population and several exits if needed.

Although for South America.....I would go with Bolivia. Mountains and one could have exits into several countries that are not exactly friendly with the US. Course Bolivia being the hard-liner.

Honestly?

I'd stay in the US. Retire to the blue ridges, maybe even the smokies. Lots of people there that would take me and mine in with open arms, who have no love for our government. I could join the growing numbers of American pot growers, or make money the old fashioned way...moon shine.

There's a guy on here who has a second home in Columbia. I won't give him away, but he loves it there, and has a full time maid for $25 a week, and a full time cook for $25 a week. He overpays them. They make so much more than the other cooks and maids, that people all want to work for him. Sheesh.

Another guy I know lives in El Salvador and rents out the home that used to belong to some big level politician, for like $2G a month. I believe he said it was the former Governor's house. Pays about the same for domestic help, lives on the beach.

Detroit. The American dream got lost there, so I imagine little old Snowden can certainly get lost there, too. After all, who'd bother to go there to look, anyway?

Detroit. The American dream got lost there, so I imagine little old Snowden can certainly get lost there, too. After all, who'd bother to go there to look, anyway?

Good point. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom