• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where will you go after the pandemic?

Where do you want to go after the pandemic?

• Total voters

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Do you have a wanderlust to get on a plane and travel somewhere after the pandemic is over to the point where travel is possible? Do you want to stick around your own country and see more local sites?

Been planning on going to Europe, never been.

I imagine I'll do it within the next year or two.
#1) I'm mid 50s and still pretty healthy and mobile, and want to do it while I'm still able to enjoy it.
#2) I have two elderly dogs and I could never leave them right now for a weeks long trip. I have thought I will do it after they pass. And the one is looking this morning like he may not be around much longer, I hope I'm wrong though. But he's 12 almost 13 so its been a hell of a run.

But I'm thinking within the next couple years now...if the Universe sees fit to keep me healthy.

Also have some big plans to hit up a lot of spots in the US as far as the national parks out west.

Do you have a wanderlust to get on a plane and travel somewhere after the pandemic is over to the point where travel is possible? Do you want to stick around your own country and see more local sites?
I want to visit my brother in california and I want to go on my cousins reunion in september in south carolina.

My wife and I are now fully immunized against Covid-19, and I am thinking about Santa Fe NM.
New Mexico has one of the highest vaccination rates, and should reduce the risk.
Later, maybe next year, I would like to go back to Europe, I love Spain, and there is a lot that I have not seen.

I'd like to go back to the UK once kiddo is old enough. Hopefully at least business class this time.

Europe. My wife and I were planning a trip to Italy for a couple of years. We’re targeting Spring of 2022 now.

Unsure, but I would like to travel again.

Well I'm already paying for my son and myself to go to England/Ireland next year on a school trip (I'm helping to chaperone). But since my husband works for an industry that gives free trips on their boats for employees and their spouses, there is a good chance I will also be able to get on one of those eventually when they start sailing again full time.

Probably go see my relatives in Australia for a few weeks. Also nice to see the Roos again. The flight is not exactly a fun thing to do. Your body's clock is way off and you're pretty tired when you land. Plus getting in a car with the right driving side and one has to tune your mind to drive the opposite lanes..etc.
One little tip: If you ever go to a country that has the opposite driving conditions>> Before renting a car at the airport or wherever, get in a Taxi and tell the driver to drive around for 1/2 an hour. Just tell him/Her that you'd like to get used to the way traffic turns and runs. Believe me, your mind will adjust pretty fast and you don't have to "Wing it". It's MUCH easier ! :)

Probably go see my relatives in Australia for a few weeks. Also nice to see the Roos again. The flight is not exactly a fun thing to do. Your body's clock is way off and you're pretty tired when you land. Plus getting in a car with the right driving side and one has to tune your mind to drive the opposite lanes..etc.
One little tip: If you ever go to a country that has the opposite driving conditions>> Before renting a car at the airport or wherever, get in a Taxi and tell the driver to drive around for 1/2 an hour. Just tell him/Her that you'd like to get used to the way traffic turns and runs. Believe me, your mind will adjust pretty fast and you don't have to "Wing it". It's MUCH easier ! :)
If I visit my sister in Australia (which I do plan to eventually do, just not sure when), either my brother in law will be driving or I will take other forms of transportation, like we did when I visited in the Navy.

In the winter we usually go to Punta Cana with another couple so I'd like to do that next winter if we can. The summer of 2022 I'd like to go to either Florence or Paris.

Europe. My wife and I were planning a trip to Italy for a couple of years. We’re targeting Spring of 2022 now.
Do you know where in Italy you'd like to go?

I'd like to go back to the UK once kiddo is old enough. Hopefully at least business class this time.
Have you been to Cambridge? Highly recommend that city.

Do you know where in Italy you'd like to go?

Right now, all of it but I need to narrow that down some. ;) (This is forever my problem when I go anywhere.)

Well since I live in California, one of the most beautiful and oft-visited states in the Union, my wife and I are going to the Central Coast.

May I inquire as to what towns? I’m always looking for new CA getaways but I think I’ve exhausted them all.

May I inquire as to what towns? I’m always looking for new CA getaways but I think I’ve exhausted them all.

My wife and I are big fans of the San Luis Obispo County region; places like Cayucos, Cambria, Morro Bay, Paso Robles (and San Luis itself is very nice). It is much quieter, less-crowded and laid-back when compared to LA/Santa Monica and Santa Barbara and the traffic is not nearly as nightmareish. We also loved visiting Monterey. That place was a little slice of heaven along with the magnificent aquarium. I just hope not too many of the shops and restaurants we enjoyed had to close down permanently.

Nowhere special. My traveling days are over.

After seeing 49 countries, 48 states, including most provinces in Canada........I'm done.

Maybe, just maybe....... I could be talked into a trip up to Newfoundland for some fishing and Dominion Ale.
You may be interested in Gros Morne Park

Not yet. London and Norfolk.
Cambridge and Oxford are the old university cities and if you can only visit one Cambridge is best imo.

I do want to go to an amusement park though, take my kids. We hope to get to Disney World within the next couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom