• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where were the Media When two Black Teens shot A White Baby in the Face Twice?

The Gunpowder Residue was found on her hands. Please explain how that happens when she was shot in the leg.

Her husband "released" - and?? Why did it take a court order for the report of GSR to be released? Could it be possible that the local police have some race problems?

The woman's daughter thinks it is possible she killed her own child.

Obviously as a good Progressive Marxist, you have had little to do with firearms. I can't speak for the father of Antonio Santiago, but the mother was shot and GSR was more than likely all over her. If I were to go out to the range and even be near where the shooting is, I'd be covered in GSR.

The only thing I've gathered from this story is that the mother (and possibly the baby too) was responsible for this murder. Two innocent Black teenagers are being scapegoated.

Baby shot dead in stroller; 2 Georgia teens charged - CNN.com

www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgia-baby-killed

Mar 22, 2013 · Teens have been charged with first-degree murder ; ... West continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Teen indicted in Ga. baby slaying and 2nd shooting - CBS News

www.cbsnews.com/.../teen-indicted-in-ga-baby-slaying-and-2nd-shooting

Mar 27, 2013 · A Georgia teenager shot a 13-month-old baby in the face while trying ... teen drew a gun and shot her in the leg ... black and the victim is white?

But hey, that's okay. It's only a 13 month old white kids. That's not racist is it? Where's the PUBLIC RAGE?!!!

The top of your story: where were the media? You are kidding, right?

Georgia Baby Shooting Update: James Henry Brooks, Brunswick city official, arrested for obstruction and influencing a witness - Crimesider - CBS News

Georgia Official Charged With Obstruction in Stroller Shooting Death - ABC News

Two teen boys arrested in shooting death of Georgia infant in stroller | Fox News

Mother, aunt of suspect in Brunswick baby shooting arrested | www.ajc.com

Two teen suspects arrested in shooting death of Georgia baby - U.S. News

Ga. woman says she's certain suspect shot her baby

Baby boy shot dead in stroller, mother tells Georgia police - Los Angeles Times

Georgia Baby Dead: 13-Month-Old Antonio Shot By Young Boy In Front Of Mother, Sherry West, Police Say (UPDATE)

Georgia mom who watched baby mercilessly shot in the face weeps for son she will never see grow - NY Daily News

Police: Ga. infant killed while pushed in stroller

Mother, aunt of Georgia teen suspected in fatal shooting arrested

Sherry West, mother of baby gunned down in Brunswick, Ga., says she's certain De'Marquise Elkin, 17, shot her baby

Georgia teen indicted in baby murder, second unrelated shooting | Fox News

Police arrest 2 teens after baby shot in stroller - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

Mom to teenage son accused of shooting baby: 'I love you' - CNN.com

Toddler's death marks second time Georgia mom loses a son to violence - CNN.com

Georgia teens indicted in death of 13-month-old boy - CNN.com

Police: Handgun found 2 miles from where Georgia baby shot dead - U.S. News

Relative, lawyer defend Ga. teen baby-shooting suspects - U.S. News

Two Teen Boys Arrested in Georgia Baby Shooting Death - ABC News

Georgia Infant Fatally Shot While in Stroller | Video - ABC News

2 teens arrested in slaying of Ga. infant in stroller

Yeah, you are right :roll:. Totally ignored by the media. And this is just a small part of what is can be found on the internet. The media was right there and reported on it.

I live in Brunswick, where this happened, and EVERYBODY here thinks the Mother and Father had more to do with it. DeMarquise Elkins had no gunshot residue on his hands. The parents both did. The father said he wasn't even there - said he was at Walmart, yet he mysteriously was tested positive for gunshot residue. And the mother had gunshot residue on her hands, not on her leg, where she was shot.

Also, the mother is a known crack whore, who has been known to trade her skanky, ugly ass body for crack.

Also, there are other odd things going on, like the baby being cremated the day after the shooting, before even the memorial service, or the fact that she gave away the baby's clothes and diapers before the body was even cold, or the fact that she got on TV, glad to give a million interviews, but not shedding a tear in a single one, or maybe the fact that she was asking her daughter 2 days after the baby died, how long it would be before the insurance company issued a check.

Something stinks about this mother, and we've said it from the beginning.

The top of your story: where were the media? You are kidding, right?

Georgia Baby Shooting Update: James Henry Brooks, Brunswick city official, arrested for obstruction and influencing a witness - Crimesider - CBS News

Georgia Official Charged With Obstruction in Stroller Shooting Death - ABC News

Two teen boys arrested in shooting death of Georgia infant in stroller | Fox News

Mother, aunt of suspect in Brunswick baby shooting arrested | www.ajc.com

Two teen suspects arrested in shooting death of Georgia baby - U.S. News

Ga. woman says she's certain suspect shot her baby

Baby boy shot dead in stroller, mother tells Georgia police - Los Angeles Times

Georgia Baby Dead: 13-Month-Old Antonio Shot By Young Boy In Front Of Mother, Sherry West, Police Say (UPDATE)

Georgia mom who watched baby mercilessly shot in the face weeps for son she will never see grow - NY Daily News

Police: Ga. infant killed while pushed in stroller

Mother, aunt of Georgia teen suspected in fatal shooting arrested

Sherry West, mother of baby gunned down in Brunswick, Ga., says she's certain De'Marquise Elkin, 17, shot her baby

Georgia teen indicted in baby murder, second unrelated shooting | Fox News

Police arrest 2 teens after baby shot in stroller - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

Mom to teenage son accused of shooting baby: 'I love you' - CNN.com

Toddler's death marks second time Georgia mom loses a son to violence - CNN.com

Georgia teens indicted in death of 13-month-old boy - CNN.com

Police: Handgun found 2 miles from where Georgia baby shot dead - U.S. News

Relative, lawyer defend Ga. teen baby-shooting suspects - U.S. News

Two Teen Boys Arrested in Georgia Baby Shooting Death - ABC News

Georgia Infant Fatally Shot While in Stroller | Video - ABC News

2 teens arrested in slaying of Ga. infant in stroller

Yeah, you are right :roll:. Totally ignored by the media. And this is just a small part of what is can be found on the internet. The media was right there and reported on it.

My compliments to you. You did a fine job of research.

I live in Brunswick, where this happened, and EVERYBODY here thinks the Mother and Father had more to do with it. DeMarquise Elkins had no gunshot residue on his hands. The parents both did. The father said he wasn't even there - said he was at Walmart, yet he mysteriously was tested positive for gunshot residue. And the mother had gunshot residue on her hands, not on her leg, where she was shot.

Also, the mother is a known crack whore, who has been known to trade her skanky, ugly ass body for crack.

Also, there are other odd things going on, like the baby being cremated the day after the shooting, before even the memorial service, or the fact that she gave away the baby's clothes and diapers before the body was even cold, or the fact that she got on TV, glad to give a million interviews, but not shedding a tear in a single one, or maybe the fact that she was asking her daughter 2 days after the baby died, how long it would be before the insurance company issued a check.

Something stinks about this mother, and we've said it from the beginning.

Has the GBI released DeMarquise Elkins, or the mother and father of Antonio Santiago charged and arrested?

Babies make me fear for my life.

Mar 22, 2013 · Teens have been charged with first-degree murder ; ... West continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."

Mar 27, 2013 · A Georgia teenager shot a 13-month-old baby in the face while trying ... teen drew a gun and shot her in the leg ... black and the victim is white?

But hey, that's okay. It's only a 13 month old white kids. That's not racist is it?
Where's the PUBLIC RAGE?!!!

Looks like you've got it covered.

There has been a Facebook post about this going around and it pisses me the **** off.

What kind of ignorant ****ing douchebag only starts to give a **** about this horrific story when they have the opportunity to score some racial points off of it? Seriously? It's ****ing disgusting how this child's death is being used to try to promote racial tensions.

The people that only started giving a **** about this child's death once they had a chance to put a racial spin on the story due to the Zimmerman trial are vile wastes of human flesh and they should dip their heads into a vat of battery acid.

There has been a Facebook post about this going around and it pisses me the **** off.

What kind of ignorant ****ing douchebag only starts to give a **** about this horrific story when they have the opportunity to score some racial points off of it? Seriously? It's ****ing disgusting how this child's death is being used to try to promote racial tensions.

The people that only started giving a **** about this child's death once they had a chance to put a racial spin on the story due to the Zimmerman trial are vile wastes of human flesh and they should dip their heads into a vat of battery acid.

Exactly. There has been outrage about this from the beginning. Everybody who follows the news with any regularity knows about it. Hell my sister-in-law read it in the Tampa newspaper and my son read it in the Syracuse newspaper.

Exactly. There has been outrage about this from the beginning. Everybody who follows the news with any regularity knows about it. Hell my sister-in-law read it in the Tampa newspaper and my son read it in the Syracuse newspaper.

And everyone who saw it was outraged by it. It's equally horrifying to everyone. If only half the people were horrified by it, and the other half were saying the perpetrators were in the right, it'd be all over the news because there would be a controversy of some sort. What's the controversy here? There is none. Everyone agrees that the people who did this deserves to rot in jail forever. ****, their own mothers probably agree with it.

The parents both did. The father said he wasn't even there - said he was at Walmart, yet he mysteriously was tested positive for gunshot residue. And the mother had gunshot residue on her hands, not on her leg, where she was shot.

It's possible that if the woman held her hands up in an (obviously useless from any perspective) effort to defend herself from a gunshot she could have gotten residue on her hands.

Gunshot residue "sprays" from the bbl rather than "streams" and the patern expands the greater the distance from the bbl to surface upon which gunshot residue may reside.

The father could have gotten gunshot residue on his hands as a result of it being transfered there from the mother's hands.

We'd have to know when the parents' hands were tested for GSR, whether or not they had time to hold hands or touch hands prior to their being tested, and what the patern/location of GSR on both/either of their hands looked like at the time they were tested to even begin to speculate as to what the GSR might mean.

I suspect that the police have such information and that if things didn't line up in a manner that made it pretty clear that they were "victims" of gunshot residue (as opposed to suspects of GSR) they'd be under arrest at this time, or at least under investigation, and it's my understanding that neither is the case.

As to why the suspect didn't have GSR on his hands, he prolly washed them.

GSR isn't really permanent or "sticky" and it doesn't really "embed" itself in the skin (though it can be more difficult to remove from an open wound than from "health" skin). It's really more like metalic "dust" than anything else. It'll come off with a couple thorough washings with soap and water and for good measure you can kneed a ball of parafin wax for a while to pick up stray particles.

I don't know how long it was between the time the alleged shooting occured and the eventual arrest but if there was time for him to wash his hands in the interim that could certainly explain it.

GSR is more kinda "circumstantial" evidence. It's presence in an otherwise solid case solidifies the case. But it's absence in a kind of "open ended" case doesn't necessarially absolutely prove innocense.

Obviously the defense attorney is going to hammer on the absence of GSR because, well, any port in a storm, but it's only going to really effect the court of public opinion. If this goes to trial a state expert is going to explain essentially what I just explained (though he'll explain it a whole lot better).

I agree with you that a lot else about this case is "fishy" and I certainly am not trying to make a case here that the parents are completely innocent or that the alleged shooter is definitely guilty. I just wanted to jump on the GSR thing as a kind of PSA.

My compliments to you. You did a fine job of research.

I didn't have to do a lot of researching, just had to google it to get all these links and many more. It was a lot of work to paste them here ;)

Perhaps we should make a law that prevents reporters from reporting the race of the victims or the perpetrators/suspects of any crime. Take the incendiary race card out of their quiver.

It's possible that if the woman held her hands up in an (obviously useless from any perspective) effort to defend herself from a gunshot she could have gotten residue on her hands.

Gunshot residue "sprays" from the bbl rather than "streams" and the patern expands the greater the distance from the bbl to surface upon which gunshot residue may reside.

The father could have gotten gunshot residue on his hands as a result of it being transfered there from the mother's hands.

We'd have to know when the parents' hands were tested for GSR, whether or not they had time to hold hands or touch hands prior to their being tested, and what the patern/location of GSR on both/either of their hands looked like at the time they were tested to even begin to speculate as to what the GSR might mean.

I suspect that the police have such information and that if things didn't line up in a manner that made it pretty clear that they were "victims" of gunshot residue (as opposed to suspects of GSR) they'd be under arrest at this time, or at least under investigation, and it's my understanding that neither is the case.

As to why the suspect didn't have GSR on his hands, he prolly washed them.

GSR isn't really permanent or "sticky" and it doesn't really "embed" itself in the skin (though it can be more difficult to remove from an open wound than from "health" skin). It's really more like metalic "dust" than anything else. It'll come off with a couple thorough washings with soap and water and for good measure you can kneed a ball of parafin wax for a while to pick up stray particles.

I don't know how long it was between the time the alleged shooting occured and the eventual arrest but if there was time for him to wash his hands in the interim that could certainly explain it.

GSR is more kinda "circumstantial" evidence. It's presence in an otherwise solid case solidifies the case. But it's absence in a kind of "open ended" case doesn't necessarially absolutely prove innocense.

Obviously the defense attorney is going to hammer on the absence of GSR because, well, any port in a storm, but it's only going to really effect the court of public opinion. If this goes to trial a state expert is going to explain essentially what I just explained (though he'll explain it a whole lot better).

I agree with you that a lot else about this case is "fishy" and I certainly am not trying to make a case here that the parents are completely innocent or that the alleged shooter is definitely guilty. I just wanted to jump on the GSR thing as a kind of PSA.

Thanks for the explanation. As for circumstantial, everything against the two boys is circumstantial. They don't really have much, other than the mother's statement. I don't think they ever even proved that the murder weapon that was found in the pond was the one that actually killed the baby.

There is so much wrong with this case. SO much. The mother is the only eyewitness. No other witnesses, and the mother said the boys were between 10 and 15, and at one time, she even said that one of the boys could have been as young as 5 years old. Based on that, the police went to Glynn Academy and searched attendance records. They used those records, and then put the boys in a lineup. She picked them out of a lineup. Well of course she picked them out of a lineup. Neither was even close to 5 years old.

Sherry West's adult daughter called the police and told them that her mother's stories weren't lining up, and that she was already asking for the insurance check, the day after the baby was cremated, which was incidentally 2 days after the baby was shot.

I don't understand why the police aren't looking at West and Santiago. I don't get it. They don't have a slam dunk case here with the two kids. They have enough reasonable doubt here to fill a swimming pool, and historically, eyewitness reports are unreliable.

But hey, that's okay. It's only a 13 month old white kids. That's not racist is it?
Where's the PUBLIC RAGE?!!!

Where was the public rage when innocent Black Americans were being mistreated, lynched and burned in the USA?

Well I think the OP demonstrates pretty convincingly that crimes committed by black males aren't sufficiently covered by the media and white people are terribly unaware of the looming threat of black males ready to attack and rob and rape, sort of like the Scottsboro Boys.

Jesus. The rightwing reversomeme once again. Say the opposite of what's true and hope nobody notices.

I didn't have to do a lot of researching, just had to google it to get all these links and many more. It was a lot of work to paste them here ;)

Then perhaps you will use your expertise to confirm your positions in the future.

This thread needs a title correction.

Where was the media when two Black Teens were scapegoated for shooting a white baby in the face?
or...
Where was the media when a known crack whore gave conflicting information after her baby was shot in the face and asked for an insurance check 2 days after the baby got shot?
or...
Where was werewolfen's brain when he started parroting this story from Fox News?

Last edited:

But hey, that's okay. It's only a 13 month old white kids. That's not racist is it? Where's the PUBLIC RAGE?!!!

You know, even I sometimes marvel at how stupid and racist conservatives are.

Back
Top Bottom