• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Where U.S. should get immigrants from.

East Asians (specifically, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese) score significantly higher than Whites in the visuospatial segment of IQ tests. Can't speak for the vietnamese but the Chinese written language is very visuospatial and thus would condition our brains in this matter at a very young age. ( I was doing one hour of caligraphy a day beginning in pre school so we could master the 50,000 characters needed to attain college level and scholarly proficiency.)

That might explain the IQ gap betweem first generation east asians and americans but what about the IQ gap that also exists between second generation east asians and the rest of america?

Nero said:
That might explain the IQ gap betweem first generation east asians and americans but what about the IQ gap that also exists between second generation east asians and the rest of america?

Many second generations still speak and write chinese (my daughter will be one of them). I don't think there has been a study differentiating between second and 1st generation asians ......and if they were second generation, how many of them maintained their language heritage?

For instance, heart disease in first generation Asians are far lower than Americans but with each successive generation, their incidence of heart disease approaches or equals Americans. I am certain no such variable ( length of generational stay) has been controlled for in these IQ studies. If you find it , let me know.

Last edited:
Nero said:
There's still the traditional emphasis placed on obtaining a high level of education within east asian origin families then there are in any western family.

How many people in here realize you can not change the color of your skin??

I mean it is difficult to change your culture, but not impossible.

69.1% is not dangerous low. What makes you think all the minorities will team up against whites?? Come on now relations between latinos and blacks is like the relation Bush has with Kerry.

James

Back
Top Bottom