• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where to get the Best Burger in your town

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I love a good burger and I have my favorite's. I especially like Drive-in burger joints with car hops. Im not talking Sonics with thier bland tasting burgers. Im talking Keller's and Prince's. Places that are stuck in a time. Prince's was on Lemmon Ave in Dallas. It was there since 1927 and closed last year. I think Prince's is still in business in Houston, at least I hope it is.

In Dallas we still have Keller's Drive-in with car hops that bring your burger, rings, shake, or beer on a tray to your car. Its awsome, delicious greasy burgers served on toasted poppy seed buns and Ice cold long neck beers. We go to the Keller's on Northwest Highway and Abrams.

Kellers-900x424.jpg

Do you have a favorite burger joint in your town? Tell us about it.

Last edited:
Corner Bistro:

There's a huge broiler pouring out flames with a mesh conveyor belt running beneath it. Huge hunks of beef go in, delicious bistro burgers come out. An 8 oz bacon cheese burger with waffle fries is $7. McSorleys on tap is $3. Absolutely insane.

BistroBurger.jpg

Last edited:
Runner up: Gus and Gabriel

An awesome gastropub serving all sorts of interesting ****. 100+ bourbons/scotchs, a couple dozen high end beers, and "the brown bag collection" - 22s or 40s served in brown paper bags. The food ranges from the best homemade pork&cheddar tater tots in the city to bone marrow bruschetta to the fried egg, bacon, onion ring and gruyere burger. The burger is always cooked perfectly and just gushes deliciousness all over the plate.

pic002-L.jpg

Runner up: Gus and Gabriel

An awesome gastropub serving all sorts of interesting ****. 100+ bourbons/scotchs, a couple dozen high end beers, and "the brown bag collection" - 22s or 40s served in brown paper bags. The food ranges from the best homemade pork&cheddar tater tots in the city to bone marrow bruschetta to the fried egg, bacon, onion ring and gruyere burger. The burger is always cooked perfectly and just gushes deliciousness all over the plate.

pic002-L.jpg

That one looks awesome.

Would love to try it.

I try to get there every few weeks, as there's always something new and delicious on the menu.

Gus & Gabriel Gastropub in NYC

They also have a dozen shakes/floats, all of which come with a spiked version.

Their prices aren't bad at all, I thought stuff was supposed to crazy expensive in NY?

Okay, I'm brand-new to this board and I hereby declare you all EVIL! I'm on a diet!! :( *sigh*

<ahem> Despite the fact that Mickey's Diner is RIGHT downtown, I vote St. Clair's Broiler over in Minneapolis.

Welcome to DP. hope you enjoy your time here and good luck with the diet.

Their prices aren't bad at all, I thought stuff was supposed to crazy expensive in NY?

A lot of places are, but if you know where you're going, you can get great food for around the same price as you would find it anywhere else. Booze is the one thing that's almost always more expensive here, but even then, you can always find a place that has $2 beers or $4 drinks.

A lot of places are, but if you know where you're going, you can get great food for around the same price as you would find it anywhere else. Booze is the one thing that's almost always more expensive here, but even then, you can always find a place that has $2 beers or $4 drinks.

I wish I could offer a good burger joint but the best around here is generic fast food.
Although Checkers(Rallys in other states) has a bad ass chili dog.

Well dang. I hit enter, and my post got eaten.

If you have to go generic fast food, which do you prefer? I would go Culvers, then Wendy's. If I only can choose between Mickey D's & BK, I'd choose BK.

Well dang. I hit enter, and my post got eaten.

If you have to go generic fast food, which do you prefer? I would go Culvers, then Wendy's. If I only can choose between Mickey D's & BK, I'd choose BK.

Don't have any idea of what a Culvers is.

Wendy's is good but I mostly like Checkers (Rallys), I don't get it often though. :(

CookOut. It is drive thru but it the burgers really do taste as if they came from your back yard grill:)
http://www.cookoutnc.com/

Last edited:
We have another good old fashioned burger joint in the DFW area called Griff's Hamburgers located in Dallas, Fort Worth, Mesquite, Irving, and Garland. Griff's used to be regional especially in the south back in the 60's. There are only a few stores left and I happen to be lucky enough to live close to one of them. There burgers are not fancy gourmet burgers like the ones in NYC. They are good old fasioned hamburgers just the way I like em.

070509_griffsburger_2.jpg

summer_road_trip_2008_227_2.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a review with pics of Keller's. If any of you ever get to Dallas you have got to stop by Keller's. Its straight out of the 1950's. A little seedy but the service is good, the food is great and the beer is cold. Where else can you sit in your car and drink beer and eat a great burger just like they used to back in the day?

Keller's Hamburgers, Dallas

Here is a review with pics of Keller's. If any of you ever get to Dallas you have got to stop by Keller's. Its straight out of the 1950's. A little seedy but the service is good, the food is great and the beer is cold. Where else can you sit in your car and drink beer and eat a great burger just like they used to back in the day?

Keller's Hamburgers, Dallas

Only 700 miles away, I might stop by to get a bite. :2razz:

I don't mind trying old school places, they still exist for a reason.

On the west side of the Metromess in Cowtown (thats Fort Worth for those of you from north of the red river) there is a excellent burger joint called Kincaid's on Camp Bowie Blvd. I have been there twice and I am here ta tell ya, they know burgers.

476692553_480x360_close.jpg

Corner Bistro:

There's a huge broiler pouring out flames with a mesh conveyor belt running beneath it. Huge hunks of beef go in, delicious bistro burgers come out. An 8 oz bacon cheese burger with waffle fries is $7. McSorleys on tap is $3. Absolutely insane.

BistroBurger.jpg

Hey RightinNYC, what is up with the rolled up lettuce on that burger? The patty looks awsome but the lettuce looks kinda metro sexual to me. What Im tryin ta say is that burger is showing its feminine side. Which is fine if you want a girly burger. Im sorry but that is not a very manly burger. :mrgreen:

Here is a manly burger from Fred's Texas Cafe in Cowtown
fbc%20-%20450%20black%20edge.jpg

Hey ahh Sgt Rock if you ever make it over to this side of the Meteroplex, Dallas, check out this this place:

4279089.JPG

Jack's Burger House on Hillcrest just south of Lovers Lane. It is just a little hole in wall with great burgers, their fries consistently get voted D's best and the shakes are great too.

Common people tell us about your favorite Burger joint. West coast, east coast, third coast , redneck riviera, and everywhere in between. Time to represent.

Dan tell em about Prince's Drive in. And what about you yankee's, tell us about A&W Drive In, do they still serve ice cold root beer in those frosted mugs?

Hey ahh Sgt Rock if you ever make it over to this side of the Meteroplex, Dallas, check out this this place:

4279089.JPG

Jack's Burger House on Hillcrest just south of Lovers Lane. It is just a little hole in wall with great burgers, their fries consistently get voted D's best and the shakes are great too.

Thanks Winston, I forgot about Burger House. I don't make it to the Bubble (that is what some of us locals refer to the Park cities as) much since I moved to the burbs. Back in the 80's we used to go there regularly. I will have to make it a point to stop there next time Im in the area.

Back
Top Bottom