• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where Is Trump On Space Exploration?

Badlaama

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

I love Suni!

220px-Sunita_Williams.jpg

Btw...

NASA doesn't have much to do with racist politics, which is all trump is running on, so he has no official opinion. Hillary is strongly for an increase NASA spending, Bernie Sanders is somewhat against it.

Trump is in favor of going to Mars so he can call Martians face to face 'Little Green Midgets'.

Okay! So what will Hillary do? More of the same? Or no?

Trump is in favor of going to Mars so he can call Martians face to face 'Little Green Midgets'.

That's funny!

Someone else mentioned an issue with NASA's current Administrator... I'm not full up on the details but he seems like he's qualified, being a former test pilot and astronaut and all. But I don't know all the ins and outs at the admin level. Maybe an issue from above?

"Major General Charles Frank Bolden, Jr. is one of NASA’s most accomplished astronauts. A former Marine Naval Aviator and test pilot, Bolden was selected as an astronaut in 1980. He served as astronaut safety officer and was the first astronaut to ride the slide wire escape system from the launch pad. Since he became NASA Administrator, Bolden’s comments have ventured into some…interesting territory and suggest that the man who rode fire to orbit – is not the same man we seem to be dealing with today."

Opinion: What happened to Charlie Bolden? - SpaceFlight Insider

I would be pleasantly surprised to find out he has given it more than 5 seconds of thought.

NASA doesn't have much to do with racist politics, which is all trump is running on, so he has no official opinion. Hillary is strongly for an increase NASA spending, Bernie Sanders is somewhat against it.

If I recall NASA was burdened by Obama with some sort of Muslim outreach program. Not that Islam is a race but a hot political topic.
"When I became the NASA administrator, (President Obama) charged me with three things. One, he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math and engineering."

Try to stay informed.

Flashback: Obama Turns NASA Into Muslim Outreach Program | Truth Revolt

If I recall NASA was burdened by Obama with some sort of Muslim outreach program. Not that Islam is a race but a hot political topic.

Try to stay informed.

Flashback: Obama Turns NASA Into Muslim Outreach Program | Truth Revolt

Interesting. I think the ISS is a great opportunity for everyone to come together and do something cool. Maybe it's just about letting everyone chip in?

I personally like the Soyuz.

It's rugged, functional, and gets the job done in the meantime...

Then there's SpaceX...

;)

I hope we get up there soon...

Trump needs to have the space inside his skull examined to try and understand why his brain shrank and withered away, causing him to say such really dumb things like he is going to do mass deportations, proliferate nuclear weapons to new nations, blame the Europeans for the crash of Egypt Air 804, and other such recurring gaffs which he apparently cannot control.

Lol!

Either I want to pet you or I don't. That's as about as complicated as I get...

Last edited:
You wanna go to space?'

If he is smart, he will leave space exploration to the private sector (outside of military missions).

NASA is government. That means whatever it does, it will do it far more expensively, slowly, incompetently and poorly then the private actor would do the exact same thing 9 times out of 10.

Interesting...

...**** it, I got apples.

If he is smart, he will leave space exploration to the private sector (outside of military missions).

NASA is government. That means whatever it does, it will do it far more expensively, slowly, incompetently and poorly then the private actor would do the exact same thing 9 times out of 10.

Overall it's just a sentimental title or a nostalgic flag anymore. Program wise it's just Command & Control. Robots and probes rule now. Which is fine with me. I want more eyes and ears myself...

First song I learned on guitar.

Trump is gonna buy Putin's Soyuz rockets and rename them as Trump rockets with taxpayers money, he will bring us back to the stars! :beam:

Since Donald Trump never feels obligated to fulfill his promises he'll be on space exploration or anything else where he thinks the Trumpkins want him to be. If he gets elected, I get to laugh as the wall doesn't get built and Mexico doesn't pay for it and free speech is oppressed further and illegal aliens are not all deported and Muslims keep immigrating to the U.S. and guns are restricted from the mentally ill and enemies of the state which is LibSpeak for Republicans and conservatives and we all get Obamacare Part II.

Back
Top Bottom